The City v The Terrors 25/11/2017

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As good as last week was this was dross.

McDonald under par, Fraser and Stanton poor (why King was taken off whilst Fraser was still on is a mystery).

Robson and Murdoch atrocious; a total embarrassment after their performances last week.

King our best outlet and Flood our best player yet again.

Csaba should have changed things earlier but in fairness to him he’s just learning about the squad.

Congrats to Brechin, if anyone deserved a last minute winner it was you guys.

Finally, it was fucking freezing today.

Finally, finally wtf has happened to my font???

Utterly fizzing that I was on the losing side of a 4-2 vote to bin it as half time and go and watch rugby in a warm pub with whisky.
Second coldest ever been at a game after Partick in cup 2010.

I don't care who's playing, ditching the football to watch rugby is completely inexcusable

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Decent point IMO (in my opinion). Brechin are no mugs and the conditions were difficult. 

Keeps us ahead of the doomed Maureens whose title credentials are as convincing as an honest Jim Goodwin tackle. 

Keeps you top until Tuesday? :D 

Ah yes, Brechin the team with 3 points now - nope great point.

Tuesday, no matter what happens you lot are off top - draw means St Mirren go top on GD and whoever wins goes top :D:D:D 

Well that was a roller coaster never in it first half and could easily have been 3 nil down but second half I don't think anyone would have grudged us all 3 points, well done Brechin. Good crowd thru fae Dundee  and a decent turnout from home support, and a big dent put in last years monetary losses. And for the record thought Issac did well he just needs to up his work rate off the ball.

On 23/11/2017 at 10:52, Shandon Par said:

First win for Brechin on Saturday - guarantee it. 

f**k you and your hedge Brechin. Well done anyway. A point closer to Falkirk. Can't see us giving United as a hard a time on Saturday.

I was raging first half at home with the way we set up to defend as deep as we did .Euan Spark was left exposed whole half with Billy King giving him a torrid time .Euan Smith looked like a player who's been out 8 month and deserved Graham Smiths rocket . We led a charmed life but through bad finishing and lady luck we find ourselves still in the game .
Second half as we ve done most games this season we had a go and you could see Utd get rattled . I thought Isaac worked his butt off although Connor Mac played 2 great ball s to him he was on his heels .2 or 3 times we were inches away from grabbing that elusive win but a point was fair .
How bad was the ref ? For both teams that is although his blunders against us were laughable.

2 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

I was raging first half at home with the way we set up to defend as deep as we did .Euan Spark was left exposed whole half with Billy King giving him a torrid time .Euan Smith looked like a player who's been out 8 month and deserved Graham Smiths rocket . We led a charmed life but through bad finishing and lady luck we find ourselves still in the game .
Second half as we ve done most games this season we had a go and you could see Utd get rattled . I thought Isaac worked his butt off although Connor Mac played 2 great ball s to him he was on his heels .2 or 3 times we were inches away from grabbing that elusive win but a point was fair .
How bad was the ref ? For both teams that is although his blunders against us were laughable.

I would agree with most of that. I was saying at half time that we gave United too much respect and the only way we were going to get anything was to get in their faces and make a few challenges . We certainly did that in the second half , just as we did at Tannadice and you could see the panic in the whole United approach.  It was a case of them sitting deeper to try and counter Isaac's continual persistence to drive forward.   I thought Finn was excellent again . He is a persistent wee bugger as well , never knowing when he is beaten .  Some of the challenges to win back possession were out of this world.   Dale was back to his battling best as well in the second half , shutting down the spaces that United used so well in the first half. 

Some save from Lewis near the end to deny Sinclair (I think ) and if only Connor hadn't been so knackered and got away from Scobbie to be one on one then who knows, the Dundee fans might still be on here lamenting the demise of their neighbours . 8)

Agree about the ref though.  I was having an after match pint with a couple of United fans and they seemed to think he kept stopping the game to get a breather himself as he looked well behind play most of the time.  I am getting continually frustrated with their inconsistency.  Could it be that they are basically not fit enough and their mistakes are simply through tiredness ?  One thing is for sure , their mistakes won't ever be questioned.  The authorities will simply change some rules to cover their incompetence . 

Archived