Highland Handsomes -vs- Paisley Pansies

Something perversely satisfying in clicking a thread calling us Paisley pansies that is primarily populated with ICT's incessant bubbling about how physical we are. [emoji38]
I see the local Inverness paper's website have had a similar ramble about how much we're badyins today. 

Also the fact that our culprits appear to have been the big bully Cammy Smith (a whole 5ft and a half), and well known hard man Craig Samson.

Just imagine the reaction if we still had players who actually were quite hard, like Goodwin, Murray, or Millen.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highlights are up. The ref got the big calls right.

If I was Robertson I'd be furious at Vigurs. Got booked for squaring up to Smith after an inocuous foul - Smith was unlucky to get booked going by the video, as Vigurs shoves him and squares up to him - then a second yellow for shouting at McShane as he lay on the ground.

Samson was stupid and was correctly booked.

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Thought this agricultural style of hammer throwing disappeared with that thug Goodwin leaving. Appears that it is still endemic in the Paisley side.

You are so shit at this mate, you need to try something else.

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Thought this agricultural style of hammer throwing disappeared with that thug Goodwin leaving. Appears that it is still endemic in the Paisley side.

Yes, I was also worried it would leave with Goodwin. Fortunately we have retained some steel. You don't win leagues without it.

Robbo and Inverness fans trying to say with a straight face that a full body barge from behind in the box, clearing the man out and taking none of the ball is not a penalty. :lol:

I at least expected it to be semi debatable given the outraged reaction. 

FWIW I thought Caley Thistle were the better side in the first half.  We seemed to have most of the ball and the chances, albeit most from range.  The second half was a bit more equal, but I think 2-0 flatters St Mirren - we had almost everyone forward and they scored with a breakaway.  We had quite a few 'attacks' that didn't lead to actual shots on goal, which has been our problem at times this season.  We may have been beaten, but I don't think we played altogether that badly given the conditions.

And yes, the referee was garbage.

Just seen the highlights robbo seems to be taking over from Peter Houston was the same crying when we beat them 4-2 in paisley.

I think I seen 1 maybe 2 decent chances from Inverness one when they played Baird through the rest is all desperate 25-30 yard shots on goal.

Certainly seen a lot softer penalties given aswell Morgan was passed the guy so clearly must of been pushed off the ball

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

FWIW I thought Caley Thistle were the better side in the first half.  We seemed to have most of the ball and the chances, albeit most from range.  The second half was a bit more equal, but I think 2-0 flatters St Mirren - we had almost everyone forward and they scored with a breakaway.  We had quite a few 'attacks' that didn't lead to actual shots on goal, which has been our problem at times this season.  We may have been beaten, but I don't think we played altogether that badly given the conditions.

And yes, the referee was garbage.

Name of the game is putting the ball in the net at the end of the season it's points accumulated that's the bottom line. If you push forward with numbers we have the pace to counter and hurt exactly what happened.. Your manager post match comments  are from a wee angry man which I find strange as I like him. 

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

To be fair Samson was very lucky not to be sent off, seen players sent off for much less.

Pretty sure PUSH=Yellow, PUNCH/ELBOW=Red.

Think there’s a very clear difference between the two.

Personally I don’t agree with it as if player A pushes player B and player B reacts physically (other than pushing back) as a result then the instigator gets less punishment that the player retaliating.

Doesn’t seem fair.

Oh, and penalty looked stonewall.

Ref was right to play advantage until the final foul came in, and as that happened to be in the area, penalty.

Brilliant result for Saints, setting up a massive game on Tuesday.

COYS!

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Name of the game is putting the ball in the net at the end of the season it's points accumulated that's the bottom line. If you push forward with numbers we have the pace to counter and hurt exactly what happened.. Your manager post match comments  are from a wee angry man which I find strange as I like him. 

I've yet to hear Robbo's comments but while we conceded on the counter, I'd rather take the chance of getting people forward in order to find the equaliser.  Were St Mirren two goals better than us yesterday?  No chance.  We're in dire need of another striker.  Baird works hard but is not a goalscorer, while Bell has been good but is more of a winger.  Oakley is pretty powderpuff and the less said about Zschusschen the better. 

When we were in the First Division last time we had Adam Rooney banging them in every week, but if you took him out the team we'd work almost as well with Foran up-front.  There was also goal threats from the likes of Dani Sanchez and especially Johnny Hayes.  We don't have that type of threat throughout the side this time around.

Archived