The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

On 05/08/2018 at 08:00, Monkey Tennis said:

Why couldn't it?

Well you, of course, know the sequence of events.  After our SPL share was transferred to Dundee we had no league to play in so applied to the SFL.  No doubt orchestrated by the excellent David Longmuir we were accepted for membership, and started our football league life again, with consummate ease.  Indeed, a regular theme on both the BRALT and elsewhere, and a constant complaint by many diddies, is that our joining of the SFL was made far too easy.  Many think we should have been rejected altogether.  Others think there should have been some sort of beauty parade with other possible applicants.

This is why it is nonsense to think we were forced into the bottom tier.

Well you, of course, know the sequence of events.  After our SPL share was transferred to Dundee we had no league to play in so applied to the SFL.  No doubt orchestrated by the excellent David Longmuir we were accepted for membership, and started our football league life again, with consummate ease.  Indeed, a regular theme on both the BRALT and elsewhere, and a constant complaint by many diddies, is that our joining of the SFL was made far too easy.  Many think we should have been rejected altogether.  Others think there should have been some sort of beauty parade with other possible applicants.
Haha conveniently left out a few details there eh kincy? You're some lad

23 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This is why it is nonsense to think we were forced into the bottom tier

Because the new version of Rangers was denied access to the SPL, and then to the top rung of the SFL, they were forced to play instead in the bottom tier.

Nicely in-keeping with what was in the Trivial Pursuit question.

13 minutes ago, Tartantony said:
25 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Haha conveniently left out a few details there eh kincy? You're some lad

Even though it is The Chronicles (sic) of the Banter Years, Tony, one needn't detail every event in every post.  What I said was both true and credible.  Now if you reckon we were 'forced' in to League Three then feel free to elaborate.  Also feel free to tell every diddy who has complained over the years that it was made too easy to f**k off ;)

Even though it is The Chronicles (sic) of the Banter Years, Tony, one needn't detail every event in every post.  What I said was both true and credible.  Now if you reckon we were 'forced' in to League Three then feel free to elaborate.  Also feel free to tell every diddy who has complained over the years that it was made too easy to f**k off [emoji6]

You wanted to be accepted into the top league of the SFL as it was and you didn't get in. You were then told to start in the lowest league of the same organisation or you wouldn't have a club to support in any League. Wanted one thing, had to settle for another - kinda sounds like being forced into something you didn't want to do to me tbh.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Because the new version of Rangers was denied access to the SPL, and then to the top rung of the SFL, they were forced to play instead in the bottom tier.

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You wanted to be accepted into the top league of the SFL as it was and you didn't get in. You were then told to start in the lowest league of the same organisation or you wouldn't have a club to support in any League. Wanted one thing, had to settle for another - kinda sounds like being forced into something you didn't want to do to me tbh.

Astonishing.  Two well-respected posters getting things arse about tit.  What hope is there for the  unschooled, mouth-foaming, barely-literate diddies?

Given that The Chronicles (sic) of the Banter Years has become The BRALT for those with the attention span of a gnat I'll restate the truth:  Our possible advent to SFL1 was entirely the construct of Regan and Doncaster along with their concomitant 'Armageddon' scenario.  As I have said, passim, this had heehaw to do with Rangers.

We applied for admission for The SFL and this was granted with the utmost simplicity at the lowest tier.  Absolutely nothing forced about it - hence the rage of the pitchfork brigade as mentioned above.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That's exactly it.

It followed a thwarted desire to resume life in the SPL.  

I don't suppose they were literally "forced" to play in the lower leagues, but inasmuch as it was the highest level they were able to play at, the wording is perfectly sensible.

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I thank you.  No need for apologies from all concerned.  I'm just happy to be right...again ;)

Yes, very good.

The wording is fine.  If someone wanted a 10% pay rise, but was forced to settle for 5%, nobody would make an issue of the word 'forced'.  It's the same here.

You're not right; you're wrong.  

• 2 weeks later...

If the club still existed why did they just give your share away?

Hope they don’t do that to my team one day just out of the blue for no reason.....

38 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

If the club still existed why did they just give your share away?

Hope they don’t do that to my team one day just out of the blue for no reason.....

Everyone knows they were liquidated, rangers fans just genuinely can't handle it so live in denial.  They're to be pitied really.

I'd like to apologise for Rangers progressing in the Europa league while two salt of the earth clubs spectacularly crashed out and celtic fcuked up the highly lucrative champions league....

Sorry guys.

I'd like to apologise for Rangers progressing in the Europa league while two salt of the earth clubs spectacularly crashed out and celtic fcuked up the highly lucrative champions league....

Sorry guys.
THAT's what a Rangers fan feels obliged to apologise about? [emoji46]