The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

Ufa and Rangers with 14 years of existence between them. Astonishing that these new incarnations are on the cusp of qualifying for the Europa League group stages...

For the first time ever, I agree with something that Drunkardine says, but in a minor way.

Rangers weren’t ‘forced’ to join the bottom tier. If the word ‘forced’ is to be used then it should be that Rangers ‘forced’ themselves into the bottom tier by way of their actions, actions they have still never properly apologised for or squared up for.

Rangers, and their fans, were desperate to stay in the SFL at the time. Funnily enough, when 10 teams voted against the Newco getting back into the top league the club, and it’s fans only really singled out Dundee Utd and Celtic for that unique style of Rangers backlash, which was and still is pretty pathetic. You could say that all the other SFL clubs were ‘forced’ to make a decision that they shouldn’t have had to make. Rangers should’ve done this of their own accord. If they weren’t desperate to get back into the top league then why did they make such a song and dance about it.

Cue the next vote. The lower 3 division’s teams were asked to allow Newco (as they then became) to leapfrog the process and get straight into the first division. Again, Newco fans were desperate to get in but it was not to be as the vote went against them. It was only at this point did Newco fans start saying they didn’t want it to happen anyway which is a pretty mute point seeing as the only real option was to start afresh as a new team in the bottom league. Had they been saying this from the very start I may have had some respect for them.

So, it became the fact that the new boys of Scottish football had no option other than start afresh in the bottom tier. Poor them. They then act like it’s what they wanted all along, quoting integrity and other words. At no point did they acknowledge their wrongdoings properly. The cooked up some shit story about journeys and helping other clubs when in fact everything they had done up till then was quite the opposite.

Now they’re back, where they say they belong. Spouting the usual sectarian pish at every opportunity with a chairman who has galvanised the ‘we were hard done by’ line.

The authorities bent over backwards to help them throughout yet Newco have a vandetta against them.

Worth noting however that every team who had to vote concerning this shit storm of a club was well within their rights to vote whatever way they wanted. Newco’s narrative was poor. I don’t like the Tories but it doesn’t mean I’ll go after their representatives and such like at every opportunity. Also worth noting that whilst Newco singled out Celtic and Dundee Utd for ‘special treatment’, they didn’t apply the same to every other club who voted against them and ultimately in the interests of integrity, of which Newco have none.

In a nutshell, Newco can’t handle what they done to themselves, made harder by the fact that they were no longer the establishment club, and also can’t handle the fact that all other clubs voted against them which was the right thing to do. They now clasp this agenda so tightly because they just don’t have it in them to admit the truth; they pissed on their own chips, were found out and nobody wanted to make allowances for them.

So, in summary, Kincy was slightly right but in general still full of shite and one of the Newco fans who can’t handle it either, that’s why he posts up so much shite on here to perpetuate the twisted narrative he has become so fond of.

Oh, and poor old Spartans....

40 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

For the first time ever, I agree with something that Drunkardine says, but in a minor way.

Rangers weren’t ‘forced’ to join the bottom tier. If the word ‘forced’ is to be used then it should be that Rangers ‘forced’ themselves into the bottom tier by way of their actions, actions they have still never properly apologised for or squared up for.

Rangers, and their fans, were desperate to stay in the SFL at the time. Funnily enough, when 10 teams voted against the Newco getting back into the top league the club, and it’s fans only really singled out Dundee Utd and Celtic for that unique style of Rangers backlash, which was and still is pretty pathetic. You could say that all the other SFL clubs were ‘forced’ to make a decision that they shouldn’t have had to make. Rangers should’ve done this of their own accord. If they weren’t desperate to get back into the top league then why did they make such a song and dance about it.

Cue the next vote. The lower 3 division’s teams were asked to allow Newco (as they then became) to leapfrog the process and get straight into the first division. Again, Newco fans were desperate to get in but it was not to be as the vote went against them. It was only at this point did Newco fans start saying they didn’t want it to happen anyway which is a pretty mute point seeing as the only real option was to start afresh as a new team in the bottom league. Had they been saying this from the very start I may have had some respect for them.

So, it became the fact that the new boys of Scottish football had no option other than start afresh in the bottom tier. Poor them. They then act like it’s what they wanted all along, quoting integrity and other words. At no point did they acknowledge their wrongdoings properly. The cooked up some shit story about journeys and helping other clubs when in fact everything they had done up till then was quite the opposite.

Now they’re back, where they say they belong. Spouting the usual sectarian pish at every opportunity with a chairman who has galvanised the ‘we were hard done by’ line.

The authorities bent over backwards to help them throughout yet Newco have a vandetta against them.

Worth noting however that every team who had to vote concerning this shit storm of a club was well within their rights to vote whatever way they wanted. Newco’s narrative was poor. I don’t like the Tories but it doesn’t mean I’ll go after their representatives and such like at every opportunity. Also worth noting that whilst Newco singled out Celtic and Dundee Utd for ‘special treatment’, they didn’t apply the same to every other club who voted against them and ultimately in the interests of integrity, of which Newco have none.

In a nutshell, Newco can’t handle what they done to themselves, made harder by the fact that they were no longer the establishment club, and also can’t handle the fact that all other clubs voted against them which was the right thing to do. They now clasp this agenda so tightly because they just don’t have it in them to admit the truth; they pissed on their own chips, were found out and nobody wanted to make allowances for them.

So, in summary, Kincy was slightly right but in general still full of shite and one of the Newco fans who can’t handle it either, that’s why he posts up so much shite on here to perpetuate the twisted narrative he has become so fond of.

Am I right in saying that you claim to be a teacher?

1 minute ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

I’ll keep my profession a secret but please explain why someone’s job is relevant?

Perhaps it's my mistake.  I thought I'd seen you say elsewhere that you were a teacher though.

That's why I was surprised to see phrases like  "mute point" and "they done to themselves" in your post.  Do carry on.  

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Perhaps it's my mistake.  I thought I'd seen you say elsewhere that you were a teacher though.

That's why I was surprised to see phrases like  "mute point" and "they done to themselves" in your post.  Do carry on.  

Nobody said he was an English teacher. Might be a PE teacher, though there are too many long words for that to be a possibility.

5 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Nobody said he was an English teacher. Might be a PE teacher, though there are too many long words for that to be a possibility.

I was only being a tool.

The post wasn't that convincing though.  It contained an awful lot of generalisations about what people wanted in 2012.

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Oh dear, my apologies MT. I never realised everyone on here was being assessed on their grammar and use of English. Both typos. You can make a ‘moot’ point about my spelling if you like but if that’s what gets your rocks of then maybe you should converse with Kincy, the self proclaimed garbler of shite throughout these pages. I think everyone got the theme of what I was saying. When you choose to be pedantic it only highlights the lack of proper issues to debate on your part.

FYI I am a teacher too. Glad to see that you think that everyone with a degree should speak 100% perfect English though. Last time I checked I believe the pass mark for an A in English was around 85% although I’m not 100% sure. No doubt you’ll correct me on it. I’ll await the response from Professor of English Monkey Tennis with glee, as you’re perfect in every respect I imagine.

22 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Oh dear, my apologies MT. I never realised everyone on here was being assessed on their grammar and use of English. Both typos. You can make a ‘moot’ point about my spelling if you like but if that’s what gets your rocks of then maybe you should converse with Kincy, the self proclaimed garbler of shite throughout these pages. I think everyone got the theme of what I was saying. When you choose to be pedantic it only highlights the lack of proper issues to debate on your part.

FYI I am a teacher too. Glad to see that you think that everyone with a degree should speak 100% perfect English though. Last time I checked I believe the pass mark for an A in English was around 85% although I’m not 100% sure. No doubt you’ll correct me on it. I’ll await the response from Professor of English Monkey Tennis with glee, as you’re perfect in every respect I imagine.

Don't make it so obvious that you've been needled in future.

Bennett's tip of the day, brought to you by Mexicana cheese.....

Edited by bennett
Autocorrect thingy.

5 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

As I said, I  was just being a tool - don't take on so.  Apologies if necessary.

I think the post was rather a rant though.  You seem to mention the SFL vote a couple of times when you're surely referring to the SPL one.

The plan to put them in SFL 1 was the brainchild of the governing bodies, and while Rangers as a club didn't fight the idea, I think some of their supporters weren't keen, even before the vote went the way it did.

What a load of shite.

4 hours ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Well done in using 'vandetta' in your barely-literate post of shame.  It's been a while since we've seen it and it's always the hallmark of an utter trumpet.

The most amusing parts are the ones in bold.  I've spent an inordinate amount of time on here stating three things:  1. We engineered our own demise through a combination of hubris and fiscal imprudence.  2. 'The Authorities', especially Longmuir of The (now defunct) SFL are to be thanked for easing our way in to the 4th tier and 3. Most diddies commenting on 'our journey' talk utter bollocks when it comes to details.  You are no exception and you haven't even the benefit of brevity.

A quick scan of P&B shows clearly who it is that, "Can't handle it" and it isn't me or the other Rangers fans on here.  The Premiership sub-forum and pretty-much every Sevco thread is polluted by utter roasters who can't handle the fact that we're still here.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Well done in using 'vandetta' in your barely-literate post of shame.  It's been a while since we've seen it and it's always the hallmark of an utter trumpet.

The most amusing parts are the ones in bold.  I've spent an inordinate amount of time on here stating three things:  1. We engineered our own demise through a combination of hubris and fiscal imprudence.  2. 'The Authorities', especially Longmuir of The (now defunct) SFL are to be thanked for easing our way in to the 4th tier and 3. Most diddies commenting on 'our journey' talk utter bollocks when it comes to details.  You are no exception and you haven't even the benefit of brevity.

A quick scan of P&B shows clearly who it is that, "Can't handle it" and it isn't me or the other Rangers fans on here.  The Premiership sub-forum and pretty-much every Sevco thread is polluted by utter roasters who can't handle the fact that we're still here.

Wasn't that long ago since you were making jokes about child abuse you absolute fuckin cretin

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well done in using 'vandetta' in your barely-literate post of shame.  

I have a feeling that is an auto-correct quirk of this site, like John McVeigh is a tit and virginton. I'll check: vandetta.

ETA: Yup.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo