What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

4 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Image result for terry butcher

Sacked for being an absolutely horrific manager by Coventry, Sunderland, Sydney, Brentford and Newport County, at least three times after only a few months in charge for being so bad.

In Scotland, mainly a success and appointed Assistant Manager of the national team.

:lol:

article-2503094-195E600100000578-126_634

21 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Try dictionary.com.

Relegated Inverness in 2009, relegated Hibs in 2014 (they were in the top six when he took over) and he would have relegated Motherwell in 2003 if Falkirk had their ground up to scratch.

Pretty sure this didn’t happen in Scotland but always makes me chuckle and I can’t remember who it was which doesn’t help! 

A club’s new manager went to another match to watch their next opponent, and a young player on the other team caught his eye. He said to his assistant manager that he thought they should sign this player, not knowing the boy was actually out on loan from their club :lol: 

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

Pretty sure this didn’t happen in Scotland but always makes me chuckle and I can’t remember who it was which doesn’t help! 

A club’s new manager went to another match to watch their next opponent, and a young player on the other team caught his eye. He said to his assistant manager that he thought they should sign this player, not knowing the boy was actually out on loan from their club :lol: 

That was Joe Kinnear as Newcastle manager "scouting" Shane Ferguson. Who was on loan at Birmingham (i think) from....Newcastle. 

Not as good as thinking Yohan Cabaye's name was Yohan Kebab though. 

Edited by Jacky1990

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

That was Joe Kinnear as Newcastle manager "scouting" Shane Ferguson. Who was on loan at Birmingham (i think) from....Newcastle. 

Don't forget Sissy, Ben Afri, Galtierez and Amamobi!

4 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Charles Insomnia 

Airdrie trialist coming on and volleying a peach of an own goal straight away from a corner.
"scorer for dunfermline no14 trialist" waaaay sign him up sign him up 
Same game we had a fan take over as a linesman. 

Cardle had a good chance from a Gibson pass but unfortunately he drove the ball straight at the keeper. The introduction of another trialist for Airdrie in 57th minute made an immediate impact.  Unluckliy for him he made the headlines for scoring the most embarrassing of own goals with his first touch.  Bayne fed Woods out on the right wing and when he lofted the ball into the far side of the six yard box the TRIALIST (Tom Nolan)sunk a fine shot in off the left goalpost. Roars of laughter appropriately welcomed the strike.

An announcement went out appealing for an SFA registered referee that might be in the stadium and someone did emerge from the North West Stand to be ushered to the officials changing room. In the event there were three volunteers and the crowd were informed that indeed there would be a stand in linesman and the match would continue as soon as possible.  After Midlothian geography teacher, Joe Moore was stripped for action the match restarted 14 minutes later.

My old Geography teacher and school coach :lol:

On 28/01/2018 at 13:29, Hammer Jag said:

Relegated Inverness in 2009, relegated Hibs in 2014 (they were in the top six when he took over) and he would have relegated Motherwell in 2003 if Falkirk had their ground up to scratch.

In fairness our shambolic state in 2003 wasn't entirely Butcher's fault.