What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Just now, ParsJake said:

I have a feeling I'm going to regret this, but which bit of that don't you believe?

That people don’t like Celtic or Celtic fans because they believe they’re catholic 

Don’t get me wrong there are people that do think like that, you’ll usually find them marching this time is the year, but that’s the minority.

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

That people don’t like Celtic or Celtic fans because they believe they’re catholic 

Don’t get me wrong there are people that do think like that, you’ll usually find them marching this time is the year, but that’s the minority.

Can only speak for myself but in my case religion has nothing whatsoever to do with it. There's plenty of perfectly valid reasons to detest Celtic but anti-Catholic prejudice isn't one of them.

I always remember something I witnessed at primary school at the ripe old age of 7, there was a new Weegie kid in the other class and I remember him charging about asking everyone, at school in his baffies btw,  "are you Protestant or Catholic?". When one kid answered "Catholic" the other kid spat right in his face. The little Rangers b*****d. Acting like that at 7 years old. I sometimes wonder what became of him, can't help think he was doomed from the start being drip-fed poison like that.

11 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

Can only speak for myself but in my case religion has nothing whatsoever to do with it. There's plenty of perfectly valid reasons to detest Celtic but anti-Catholic prejudice isn't one of them.

I always remember something I witnessed at primary school at the ripe old age of 7, there was a new Weegie kid in the other class and I remember him charging about asking everyone, at school in his baffies btw,  "are you Protestant or Catholic?". When one kid answered "Catholic" the other kid spat right in his face. The little Rangers b*****d. Acting like that at 7 years old. I sometimes wonder what became of him, can't help think he was doomed from the start being drip-fed poison like that.

That’s fair enough,

I don’t pretend all Celtic fans are saints nor that the club is correct in every action it takes, nor would I defend it either.

I’m a big fan of personal responsibility and not guilty by association

I really don’t mind a good faith argument.

Edited by Clown Job

I dislike Celtic the same way I do The Rangers.

It is just amplified compared to the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, St Johnstone etc.. because of various things only the OF have...

Greed

Sense of entitlement 

Arrogance 

Ignorance 

Delusion 

And of course the vile Sectarianism that many of their supporters have.

Of course none of this even meets the levels of wearing fuckin' Tangerine.

22 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Because I believe anti catholic bigotry should be called out for what it is.

I must be a terrible person 

Your instant reaction to someone saying they were a victim of sectarian abuse was to discredit it and to say you don’t respect the word because to you it’s a front for anti catholic bigotry I.e. you only recognise sectarianism when it’s framed through your own point of view. 

Pretty risible stuff, all told. 

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

That’s fair enough,

I don’t pretend all Celtic fans are saints nor that the club is correct in every action it takes, nor would I defend it either.

I’m a big fan of personal responsibility and not guilty by association

I really don’t mind a good faith argument.

So, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shintoism, Taoism - which do you prefer?

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Your instant reaction to someone saying they were a victim of sectarian abuse was to discredit it and to say you don’t respect the word because to you it’s a front for anti catholic bigotry I.e. you only recognise sectarianism when it’s framed through your own point of view. 

How did I discredit them? 

I think it’s horrible hearing stories like that and I don’t doubt it happened.

People shouldn’t be getting abused for their religion or cultural background

It’s that simple for me

Yeah I’ve experienced anti catholic bigotry

That’s why I discuss it

The impression I get from here and elsewhere sometimes is when you mention it people either don’t believe you or downplay it’s impact 

I don’t respect the word sectarianism because I believe it doesn’t highlight the issue or it downplays the issue as a “football problem”

Edit: But I do think it’s slowly changes now as more people call it out for what it is

I don’t believe Scotland has ever seriously addressed its issues with its minority catholic population.

Edited by Clown Job

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Get with the double standard. 

FTP = anti catholic hatred

FTQ = fighting tyranny and oppression 

FTOF

I swear to f**k it's like Rangers and Celtic fans want to be hated. They absolutely live off of the fact no one likes them and then they get to play the wee victim card and claim it's because they're religious :D 

43 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

So Scotland doesn’t have an anti catholic problem within its society?

Bold statement to be making 

Personally don't give a f**k about religion, and i do wish Celtic and Sevco would keep it out of football, but both  cheeks would be lost without their sectarian hatred of one another. 

Trying to sweep it under the carpet with whataboutery that it's a Scotland issue instead of owning it as a huge problem within your club is why it will never go away.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Personally don't give a f**k about religion, and i do wish Celtic and Sevco would keep it out of football, but both  cheeks would be lost without their sectarian hatred of one another. 

Trying to sweep it under the carpet with whataboutery that it's a Scotland issue instead of owning it as a huge problem within your club is why it will never go away.

It’s not just about you and it’s not just about football 

Kinda ironic you’d mention whataboutery here 

He's even starting posts by asking "how did I discredit them" before going on a multi lined rant and arriving at the point of "I don't believe Scotland challenges the anti Catholic problems in society".

He literally cannot see he is doing to others exactly what it is he claims is wrong in this country.

At best, he's trolling too close to the line and at worst he's a genuine fucking narcissist who is a danger to the public.