What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Never said it does 

My argument is it’s a wider problem in Scottish society and not just confined to just the 2 clubs 

“Twatty behaviour”

Edit: Btw I’m not just having a go at Hearts fans here 

Hearts just happened to have apologised for playing the sash over its tannoy last season and Ross Country had to apologise for the behaviour of some of its fans using anti catholic language 

Oh good. Videos of songs are evidence of a problem soooo:

I don't dispute that there's bits of sectarianism in the wider culture. It's not something i encountered at all, outside of football songs, growing up in Aberdeen. That's a common experience. 

You dispute that there's any problem at Celtic. That's wild. 

Never said it does 
My argument is it’s a wider problem in Scottish society and not just confined to just the 2 clubs 
“Twatty behaviour”
Edit: Btw I’m not just having a go at Hearts fans here 
Hearts just happened to have apologised for playing the sash over its tannoy last season and Ross Country had to apologise for the behaviour of some of its fans using anti catholic language 

But you'll not find many Hearts fans denying that there is definitely a small number of bigots that follow the club, which the club and fans do a decent job condemning them when they appear, the difference is the OF not only turn a blind eye but profit from their fan bases ingrained bigotry.

I guess @Clown Job you must also frequent Kerrydale Street, a more blackslapping and upvote place than here for you. What you fail to recognise is your view is fashioned and reinforced by the soup you swim in. it's just on here we're just tired of OF bullshit and most rightly are telling you to kindly f**k off.

Posting a picture of "them" at a walk doesn't absolve you of addressing the deep rooted issues among your own support. It just deflects. But posts before you claim crap like this is swept under the carpet. I mean f**k me, talk about being gallus with a outrageous rid neck. Unfortunately for you, on here you will be called out on it.

You stealthily accused Tam Cowan of anti Celtic bias a few weeks back even when you were corrected. How can you expect to be debated or views given any credibility if you can't ever hold your hands up rather than doubling down.

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

And that’s the difference, on the rare occasion the problem pops up elsewhere it’s dealt with.

When 2 groups of fans are at it every week their clubs do nothing.   

Just now, coprolite said:

Oh good. Videos of songs are evidence of a problem soooo:

I don't dispute that there's bits of sectarianism in the wider culture. It's not something i encountered at all, outside of football songs, growing up in Aberdeen. That's a common experience. 

You dispute that there's any problem at Celtic. That's wild. 

I’d argue more than a bit but it’s something we agree on

I don’t dispute that there are any problems at Celtic

People are very quick to jump down my throat here without even acknowledging the issues elsewhere or even worse deny it exists 

Hoisted by one's own petard

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

Only Sevco fans are sectarian. 

Move along now.

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Wunfellaff?

Earlier today ........

15 hours ago, bennett said:

The plus button allows you to multi quote. 

4 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

I guess @Clown Job you must also frequent Kerrydale Street, 

You stealthily accused Tam Cowan of anti Celtic bias a few weeks back even when you were corrected. How can you expect to be debated or views given any credibility if you can't ever hold your hands up rather than doubling down.

Nope I don’t 

You’ve just made that up, I didn’t accuse him of that

9 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I remember Celtic capping Aberdeen’s allocation when they had 5000 empty seats covered by a f*cking banner.

Now that was tin pot.

Not going to deny that is pretty poor stuff from Celtic, the base point I'm trying to make is people, regardless of who they support want to watch their team and in my opinion its pretty petty to have thousands of empty seats at games which could be mostly occupied by paying punters, but too many people have a deep seated dislike of Celtic and Rangers fans so actively take pleasure at scenarios like that which, frankly is massive virgin type behaviour. 

4 hours ago, Empty It said:
6 hours ago, Clown Job said:
What year was the last time you visited Parkhead, and how was “sectarianism” used exactly to attack Falkirk fans at the stadium?
Im genuinely interested 

Why is sectarianism in quotations, are you suggesting that Celtic fans don't sing sectarian songs?

What sectarian songs do Celtic fans sing?

4 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It was around 14 years ago and myself and the guys I was with were called ‘dirty orange b*****ds’, as we walked to the stadium. We also had chips (potato) thrown at us outside the stadium which was odd.

None of us wear colours so not sure how they identified us other than we weren’t wearing low cost sportswear (lonsdale etc) like the majority of our abusers were.

I also saw a number of people I know from Grangemouth there to see Celtic and personally I don’t like that.

I won’t go back now as it’s not something I want either of my sons to see. It’s the ugly side of Scottish society sadly.

IMG_20171211_232951.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Back in your box bawbag

Yeah thanks for backing up my point

It was a discussion about Scotland at Euro 92 and Tam wanted to discuss Celtic 

Not everything needs to be about Celtic & RFC

Nice of you to show yourself up though 

9 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Not going to deny that is pretty poor stuff from Celtic, the base point I'm trying to make is people, regardless of who they support want to watch their team and in my opinion its pretty petty to have thousands of empty seats at games which could be mostly occupied by paying punters, but too many people have a deep seated dislike of Celtic and Rangers fans so actively take pleasure at scenarios like that which, frankly is massive virgin type behaviour. 

I’m assuming this is about St Mirren?

In what way is it ‘pretty petty’ for the club to have listened to their fans? 

As a church going sonny jim myself (these days mainly to sing hymns and see my pals) any anti-catholicism I've seen and experienced is mainly based on anachronistic beliefs and their impact on homosexuals and women (as well as shaming sexuality as a whole), so it has a basis in things people can choose to have or not. It's also reasonably fair. 

Unlike others some of my objections to Sellick fans are to do with Catholicism. Most Celtic fans I know and have witnessed haven't set foot in chapel and wouldn't know their way around a set of rosaries, yet are more than happy to identify as such so that they can inject that sweet sweet heroin of persecution and victimhood. 

There are also Catholics who can't see that being called out for having discriminatory beliefs is not the same as persecution 

Clown Job may fit into one or both categories. Performative bead rattler would be my guess though.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

So, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shintoism, Taoism - which do you prefer?

I think it's easy to identify who prefers what.

Judaism - Proper old-school, but struggles to attract followers these days, and displays no real interest in doing so. Even those who do follow in the modern world only tend to do so through family connections and don't take it that seriously. - Queens Park

Christianity - Always having a row with itself and has become such a disorganised shambles that nobody knows what it is anymore and most people struggle to see it having any relevance in the future. - Falkirk

Islam - Its supporters tend to come from shiteholes, it gets a lot of media attention every now and then, but its main activity actually just involves walking round in circles and not actually going anywhere. - St Mirren

Buddhism - Tries to pretend suffering isn't really real, which involves more or less a denial of reality. Often gets a good press despite many of its followers being as walloperish as any other religion. - Hibs

Hinduism - Exaggerated sense of its own historical and global importance and a complex system if reverence for a bunch of 'Gods' that few outsiders could identify or have ever heard of. - Aberdeen

Shintoism - No defined system of morality and a lack of willingness to step out of the crowd and have an individual opinion among the herd. - Rangers

Taoism - A huge focus on inaction and simplicity. Clearly the people of Ayrshire. - Kilmarnock

Just now, Clown Job said:

It’s wild this type of language is acceptable on the forum.

But I'm a Catholic. 

Also, the first time I ever heard that term my mate got called it and we both pissed ourselves laughing. It's funny. In fact it became a running joke with us for years. My da' has a set of rosaries in every one of his 7 (seven) jackets, so it's fucking apt. 

Another thing. My pal and I had never been called anti-irish Catholic stuff before. Why? He is a Motherwell fan and I am a jags fan. 

You're right about sectarianism in that it isn't the right word to use. It's nowt to do with religion. Catholics and proddies tend to live and let live and are mostly baffled by "Scotland's shame". It's kept alive by Rangers and Celtic.