What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Probably the last time only an excuse had a funny bit in it.
Can't say I've watched it in a few years. Instead of doing sketches about funmy stuff that happened that year it's a boresome loop of Frank McAvenie jokes et al that are the sole reason he's still relevant. That & he's a bigoted wee shite.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

3 tier Oxford United signing Stephen O'Donnell is tin pot.

Sounds like they have a cracking ground though.

Its not really surprising, A lot of league 1 clubs have been offering more money than the top scottish league for years, I would also say the level is quite similar.

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

St Johnstone giving over 3 sides of their ground to the Old Firm . . .

It is a shame it has come to that for them, but absolutely nobody can claim they haven't tried their best to entice fans on what is a shoestring budget as it is. They have had so many concessions etc over the years, bring kids for free etc yet are still stuck with 1,500 home fans at these games and getting little cash in.  Unfortunately probably a case of too many glory hunters making the trip west each week to follow "their second cousin's great uncle's team".  Shame but if it gives extra cash to allow them to compete more then go for it IMO. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee

12 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

It is a shame it has come to that for them, but absolutely nobody can claim they haven't tried their best to entice fans on what is a shoestring budget as it is. They have had so many concessions etc over the years, bring kids for free etc yet are still stuck with 1,500 home fans at these games and getting little cash in.  Unfortunately probably a case of too many glory hunters making the trip west each week to follow "their second cousin's great uncle's team".  Shame but if it gives extra cash to allow them to compete more then go for it IMO. 

We have more season ticket holders than those who attended our last home game against Rangers.

The club potentially lost money off the home support for that game.

45 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

It is a shame it has come to that for them, but absolutely nobody can claim they haven't tried their best to entice fans on what is a shoestring budget as it is.

Go on...

I have lived in Perthshire all my life and its perfectly possible to go around the county and town and not know a football team exists.

12 minutes ago, Dele said:

Do the club run catering? 

Not sure what the set up with that is anymore, it used to be in house. Muirton Suite seemingly dies a death on games against them pre, and post, match though. 

So we could have zero fans paying to get in beyond season ticket holders, and only pie sales to combat that.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Go on...

I have lived in Perthshire all my life and its perfectly possible to go around the county and town and not know a football team exists.

If you have a passing interest in Scottiah football you'll know St Johnstone are in Perth.

If you dont have an interest, you're unlikely to come to a game at all, never mind because theres a poster in a shop window.

Edited by RandomGuy.