What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

15 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Not at all.  Doesn’t mean we should never question decisions like this because it’s just always been the same. 
Let them play the first game for a change, let them both scud each other if they want and then both teams won’t have maximum points and one of the teams will probably be under serious pressure after the first game.  Sounds good to me.  

Is it not the case the police get involved and say it cant happen? Much the same as they get involved if theres a chance of a split fixture being a decider.

Its completely different to Hibs wanting to make more money, which isnt even a guarantee.

We've had an opening day Edinburgh derby before. At Tynecastle in 2007. It was moved to the Monday, mind you.

Budge didn't really complain about scheduling of derbies in the same way. It wasn't like she was claiming we were hard done-by in any sporting or financial sense. She just moaned about there being so many midweek derbies in a row. And I think pretty much everyone agreed with her. From a fan's point of view, so many midweek derbies is shite.

I see no reason why they couldn't have an opening day Old Firm game. What huge difference would it make?

Someone should just tell the police to do their fucking jobs.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

We've had an opening day Edinburgh derby before. At Tynecastle in 2007. It was moved to the Monday, mind you.

Budge didn't really complain about scheduling of derbies in the same way. It wasn't like she was claiming we were hard done-by in any sporting or financial sense. She just moaned about there being so many midweek derbies in a row. And I think pretty much everyone agreed with her. From a fan's point of view, so many midweek derbies is shite.

I see no reason why they couldn't have an opening day Old Firm game. What huge difference would it make?

Someone should just tell the police to do their fucking jobs.

Remember that, we were beat 1-0 in what was a honking game.

All this talk of fixtures not being opportune being brought up a month after they were published .....

I do have a bit of sympathy with Hibs here, if they did communicate their stadium upgrade issues (a bit like we are away due to the pitch being redone) it is undue bullshit. However to suggest only diddy teams may play at Easter Road until they are up in their stride, he can do one.

An opening day OF fixture certainly has merit considering they "have" to play at New Year. I suppose the SPFL don't want 3 fixtures done by early January as it leaves only one more 6 pointer in late April but because of that it's always skewed.

I mean we live in a country with a national stadium which has defined "ends", all this shouldn't be a surprise.

23 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Just never Rangers v Celtic which as I’ve said imo is extremely unfair on the rest of the teams. 

You've said "never" just about as many times as Ian Paisley and yet it has happened at least once.

30/08/1975, a 2-1 win for Celtic at Ibrox.