What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

What does the top bit of that badge say? 

Óglaigh na hÉireann: is an Irish-language idiom that can be translated variously as soldiers of Ireland, warriors of Ireland, volunteers of Ireland or Irish volunteers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Óglaigh_na_hÉireann

We're laughing and learning on this thread

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

I think when it's them getting called out for being sectarian bigots it should be in the main forum for everyone to see.

Your forum experience would be seriously fucked without Celtic/Rangers threads, mate. White on rice n’that.

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Óglaigh na hÉireann: is an Irish-language idiom that can be translated variously as soldiers of Ireland, warriors of Ireland, volunteers of Ireland or Irish volunteers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Óglaigh_na_hÉireann

We're laughing and learning on this thread

Right. Top Bantz for the diddy cup final.

15 minutes ago, jagfox said:

20230227_140513.jpg.b3b05ad057f92669c8119fd529005fcf.jpgProvisional_IRA_badge_(crop).png.477ab190e17950886b2716f6d64c48f5.png

I mean did they not have to submit their plans to Hampden/SPFL? They would have had access the day before to set it up surely.

Did nobody running the stadium or league think, hey glorifying guys who didn't accept Good Friday and run protection rackets in another country under the auspices of being freedom fighters is a good look for one of the three showpieces in our game.

f**k me.

6 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Yes, back to the prestige cup ..... does being outsmarted by a guy who owns a fried chicken shop stick stick in the craw?

“stick in the craw” doesn’t quite cover it.  Thanks for asking though, I hadn’t thought about it for a day or two.

8 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

I mean did they not have to submit their plans to Hampden/SPFL? They would have had access the day before to set it up surely.

Given that their plans apparently involved setting off loads of flares it's reasonable to assume that if they did submit them they will have omitted at least some details.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Yer’ arse. Want to look at the list of fines handed down over recent years for the songbooks, the banners, the behaviour at certain other games? Reading someone posting, in seemingly serious fashion too, that Old firm fans watch their Ps & Qs for fear of European sanctions nearly made me actually soil my breeks. The beaks should have been handing down closed-doors punishments at the very least, rather than a derisory fine after fine, with an associated slap on the wrist and a ‘gonnae no’ dae’ that’ edict issued to Old firm clubs due to fans very much stepping out of line season after season, time after time.

No need to cherry pick, just highlight the part you're referring too.

We've been lucky with UEFA that we've voluntarily shut down stands/refused to allocations which has seen them go easy on us, you're trying to pick a fight with someone who is agreeing with you.

We've had a few stand closures but I agree with you about the fines, they're a nonsense and don't affect the fans or even the clubs.

56 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Did nobody running the stadium or league think, hey glorifying guys who didn't accept Good Friday and run protection rackets in another country under the auspices of being freedom fighters is a good look for one of the three showpieces in our game.

f**k me.

Don't be so woke !

49 minutes ago, coprolite said:

“stick in the craw” doesn’t quite cover it.  Thanks for asking though, I hadn’t thought about it for a day or two.

Listen we got meekly papped by Raith Rovers and missed out on £500k at Ibrox. That leaves a bitter taste.

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Provisional_IRA_badge_(crop).png.2170362b8d7c2e627c3307fe1089cd91.png

Larry David Reaction GIF

Thanks. Unreal.

58 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

f**k me.

You're spot on but the cretins running the SPFL and Hampden wouldn't see a problem with it given sectarianism is part of their everyday life. That it's not even mentioned in the media 24 hours later says all you need to know. What a fucking disgrace.

51 minutes ago, bennett said:

No need to cherry pick, just highlight the part you're referring too.

We've been lucky with UEFA that we've voluntarily shut down stands/refused to allocations which has seen them go easy on us, you're trying to pick a fight with someone who is agreeing with you.

We've had a few stand closures but I agree with you about the fines, they're a nonsense and don't affect the fans or even the clubs.

You’re the one who posted that Old Firm fans don’t step out of line in Europe for fear of sanctions… utter shite.

35 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

Thanks. Unreal.

You're spot on but the cretins running the SPFL and Hampden wouldn't see a problem with it given sectarianism is part of their everyday life. 

An alternative hypothesis would be 

If sectarianism isn't part of their everyday life, they might not see a problem till someone pointed out the meaning that imagery carries until someone points it out after the event

I wouldn't have spotted the problem immediately although I'd like to think that I'd have been curious enough to have done a few google searches but that wouldn't necessarily have turned up anything given that there's a Phoenix Celtic FC in Arizona

The meaning is only unambiguous once you see it but that's too late.

Just like when you've shouted out that you're looking for Amanda Hugandkiss

I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and big butt : r/TheSimpsons