What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I just think, is it really worthy of raising a motion at Parliament?

Agreed, Dundee are one of the bigger clubs in the country be different if it was a smaller club getting in to top league for the first time or something. 

It also seems a little Tin Pot having a civic reception? I've seen the Pars win the Championship or its equivalent I think three times and there wasn't anything like that. With Dundee being a "big" club I'd only expect something like that if they won a Cup or something, as I would with Dunfermline. 

Funniliy enough, in today's The Rest is Politics podcast with Alastair Campbell and Rory Stewart, the general "Will the PM congratulate my local football team" during PMQs was namechecked by Stewart as "his least favourite part of the week" in parliament.

He used words like "disgusted, uncomfortable, trivial, embarassing, badly behaved disgrace" to describe people wasting time that could be spent on real issues with such pish at PMQs.

14 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Funniliy enough, in today's The Rest is Politics podcast with Alastair Campbell and Rory Stewart, the general "Will the PM congratulate my local football team" during PMQs was namechecked by Stewart as "his least favourite part of the week" in parliament.

He used words like "disgusted, uncomfortable, trivial, embarassing, badly behaved disgrace" to describe people wasting time that could be spent on real issues with such pish at PMQs.

Can't believe you listen to that centrist pish

Spoiler

I do too 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Can't believe you listen to that centrist pish

Reveal hidden contents

I do too 

It must pain you. 

Don't worry.  There's bound to be something from Liz Truss and Kwasi Kwarteng types that would be more up your street.

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

It’s like FMQs where the leaders exchange bluster then there is 20 minutes of the back benchers raising vaguely relevant questions.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It must pain you. 

Don't worry.  There's bound to be something from Liz Truss and Kwasi Kwarteng types that would be more up your street.

Not sure what your getting at other than somehow I align my political views as to that of my team's board?

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

It’s like FMQs where the leaders exchange bluster then there is 20 minutes of the back benchers raising vaguely relevant questions.

I can never hear those without thinking of Frankie Boyle at the start of this clip

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Not sure what your getting at other than somehow I align my political views as to that of my team's board?

Not quite in Jinky territory admittedly, but have you not defended the wild financial imbalance we have in our game?

I'm sure I can find something along such lines you've said.  If not, obviously I'll make something up.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I would say that parliamentarians sharing some civic pride relating to the area which they represent is an important part of their role. They should be taking the opportunity to talk about the good things which are happening in their region.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not quite in Jinky territory admittedly, but have you not defended the wild financial imbalance we have in our game?

I'm sure I can find something along such lines you've said.  If not, obviously I'll make something up.

Nah, I've  generally been the guy pointing out it's the vastly increased European money for the past two decades that's sets 'us' apart. And trickle down economics has never ever worked in society and doesn't in football either.