What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

I hope nobody misses the seemingly unaware irony that 

2 hours ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

and we've just had a succession of posts that show why our league is called "tin pot"

...... to then proceed to only mention one other team again and again ...... and again ....... reinforcing our tinpot duopoly league.

Edited by Kapowzer

20 minutes ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

Aye he spent some of the money he brought in

Your whole post essentially boils down to this one statement - where it is commonplace for Celtic fans to downplay the financial gulf that exists between them and everyone else.

I think it would be hard for anyone to argue that Postecoglou isn’t a talented manager, but the spending power he has is probably the biggest advantage any Celtic manager has had in modern times.

Was it not only a couple of years ago  that Celtic fans were racially abusing their own player (Bitton) and his wife after a defeat to Rangers - including threatening to hang him? 

Did they not also target their own players at Parkhead because they finished 2nd in the league? 

They are a bunch of self entitled arseholes. 

Or perhaps that was just media lies to tarnish the “greatest supporters in the world”. 

Fcuking scum. 

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Celtic and racism? Some mistake surely.

Those self righteous fans are highly critical of oppressive regimes at football matches to score political points when it suits their agenda yet appear to turn a blind eye to the atrocities carried out by the Japanese.

Weird fcukers. 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Your whole post essentially boils down to this one statement - where it is commonplace for Celtic fans to downplay the financial gulf that exists between them and everyone else.

get to f**k, You are up there with them. You just wildly fucked it up a decade ago.

Celtic are by far the biggest club in Scotland with the strongest infrastructure in Scotland, so aye, we should be winning titles. 

This thread is titled "most tin pot thing you've seen in the SPFL" and we've just had a succession of posts that show why our league is called "tin pot", that go way beyond acknowledging Celtic's status and verge on full "my nan could win the SPFL". 

Ange came in and took a club that had finished 25 points behind the Rangers in the covid cup. A squad where our best players wanted out, failed big money signings we needed to get out, with the loan signings who had propped up our numbers and our captain gone. He implemented his style of play and made no excuses for early shortcomings. He improved every player who stayed - Rogic, Ralston, Taylor and of course McGregor. Aye he spent some of the money he brought in but just about every signing he made hit the ground running. 

Now I despise Rangers and all they stand for but even I would admit they were no pushovers last season. Gio was a good manager and with a combination of a fit team, a loud support as well as luck and probably blood magic they went to a European final (where thank god they lost). This was not the teams Rodgers faced, this was a proper threat and challenge. Even this season under Gerrard's lackey they've already amassed a points total that would have won titles not so long ago.

Ange has done a great job to put them in their place and ensure the blip a couple of years ago was no more than that. Call it what you want, he's loved by us for it in a way that I've not seen since O'Neill. Tickets are hard to come by - god love those on the waiting list, club tours are sold out, Celtic tops are everywhere you look. Rodgers was great, but Ange is the perfect representative for a club like us. His background his story and aye, his values born from his immigrant upbringing fit Celtic perfectly. 

This is gold 

Celtic are by far the biggest club in Scotland with the strongest infrastructure in Scotland, so aye, we should be winning titles. 

This thread is titled "most tin pot thing you've seen in the SPFL" and we've just had a succession of posts that show why our league is called "tin pot", that go way beyond acknowledging Celtic's status and verge on full "my nan could win the SPFL". 

Ange came in and took a club that had finished 25 points behind the Rangers in the covid cup. A squad where our best players wanted out, failed big money signings we needed to get out, with the loan signings who had propped up our numbers and our captain gone. He implemented his style of play and made no excuses for early shortcomings. He improved every player who stayed - Rogic, Ralston, Taylor and of course McGregor. Aye he spent some of the money he brought in but just about every signing he made hit the ground running. 

Now I despise Rangers and all they stand for but even I would admit they were no pushovers last season. Gio was a good manager and with a combination of a fit team, a loud support as well as luck and probably blood magic they went to a European final (where thank god they lost). This was not the teams Rodgers faced, this was a proper threat and challenge. Even this season under Gerrard's lackey they've already amassed a points total that would have won titles not so long ago.

Ange has done a great job to put them in their place and ensure the blip a couple of years ago was no more than that. Call it what you want, he's loved by us for it in a way that I've not seen since O'Neill. Tickets are hard to come by - god love those on the waiting list, club tours are sold out, Celtic tops are everywhere you look. Rodgers was great, but Ange is the perfect representative for a club like us. His background his story and aye, his values born from his immigrant upbringing fit Celtic perfectly.

Mills & Boon thread for this pish :lol:

Falkirk are currently 5-0 down to Airdrie after 40 minutes lads, stop feeding the Celtic troll and get watching.

34 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

get to f**k, You are up there with them. You just wildly fucked it up a decade ago.

In what way do the events of a decade ago detract or alter the fact that Celtic have financial and domestic dominance today? 

3 hours ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

GIF by MOODMAN

56 minutes ago, AJF said:

In what way do the events of a decade ago detract or alter the fact that Celtic have financial and domestic dominance today? 

It's more about your choice to ignore your massive financial advantage over the rest of the league and try worm your way into the crowd, even at that Rangers fucking up suhin awful ten years ago is the reason you are faltering behind.

8 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

It's more about your choice to ignore your massive financial advantage over the rest of the league and try worm your way into the crowd, even at that Rangers fucking up suhin awful ten years ago is the reason you are faltering behind.

I’ve not ignored it though, have I? Have a look at the thread that posed the question about how each of the other top flight managers would do if they were managing Celtic or Rangers.

I said then that I believed the financial gap between the two clubs and the rest of the others was too wide for there to be any difference to the status quo.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Falkirk are currently 5-0 down to Airdrie after 40 minutes lads, stop feeding the Celtic troll and get watching.

6-2 by the end of things. The thread should really be titled ‘most tinpot thing (except Falkirk obviously) you’ve seen….’

just to give everyone else a chance 

anyway it turns out that the Glasgow Derby was actually the game to be watching

3 hours ago, Molotov said:

Those self righteous fans are highly critical of oppressive regimes at football matches to score political points when it suits their agenda yet appear to turn a blind eye to the atrocities carried out by the Japanese.

Weird fcukers. 

Deep down they know they're just a Glasgow franchise of the Hibees and it hurts them

16 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Nonsense

Ultimately he's going to be judged by the people that matter as a success or failure on results in European competition. And what makes that tougher is that he's ultimately got a 6 game season

His first season was obviously filed under "failure" but it would be wrong to to write him off after only six games.

His problem is that he then has to wait a whole ten months to have another shot at it

I don't think that's how he will be judged. Brendan Rodgers (admittedly with a higher profile background) was able to rescue his career by winning with Celtic domestically and being pure shite in the Champions League and overall middling in Europe (picking up arguably their worst ever result in the process), and this will generally be the case. The OF are such an irrelevance in Europe that I don't think anybody really expects them to do well in the Champions League, or really cares if they do.

The Celtic job is a good springboard if you are seen to be good at it, but the European aspect makes little difference. You basically need to win and be seen to win with a bit of style, preferably while having some big numbers in Old Firm wins.

Lennon got Celtic to the last 16 of the Champions League, beat Barcelona, won an away CL tie but found himself to be not quoted for good jobs down south despite having played in the Premier League and won a trophy with Leicester as a player. Deila got them to the last 32 of the Europa League, which is as good as Brendan Rodgers' best effort, but was seen as a failure and ended up in America while Rodgers is seen as an excellent Celtic coach.

Success in Europe mattered not a jot for people that mattered when it came to Lennon and Deila. They ended up at Hibs and New York. Even before that, Strachan got Celtic to the CL last sixteen twice and the best he could get next was Championship Middlesbrough. And if Postecoglou decides to move this summer, the lack of success he's had in that regard probably won't be too big a barrier.

Similar to Rodgers, he has status in the game having been a good Australia coach and having been to a World Cup. That will come into play now, but nothing he has to do at Celtic is all that difficult. He's in a situation where the only club that could possibly be competitive with him are a shambles, he's got a massive financial advantage, and all he needs to do is keep racking up the games that are hard not to win.

He's the kind of coach who is tactically in fashion, and he needed a platform to get a bigger job. Celtic is that, but it's an easier job than any he's had before. I like him as a coach and I think he could go and do well, but what he's doing here is a fucking skoosh compared to his previous work.

We hear a lot that Europe is where OF managers are judged. But the evidence for it is thin on the ground. At Rangers, their coach got to a European final and is now on the dole.

Edited by VincentGuerin

16 hours ago, GeorgiosSamaras said: