What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 19/07/2023 at 22:53, Renfrewblue said:

Yooz wur liquidated! 

The typical cry of the whatabouter extraordinaire. 

11.5 years ago but it's still all you e got. 

It's all we need.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

I think we've found Paisley's answer to Killie Gordon.

He's a predator.

A grown man so desperate for attention that he's decided to film himself watching a St Mirren game on TV, very odd behaviour. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just what is it with fans of that particular club?

They're all absolute mental cases. Have you seen their goals? Tap ins. Apparently it's fantastic finishes off of excellent passing and world class runs. Last week they were all useless and needed emptied. 

Is it just this 'da' generation that are like this or have they always all been as raging fir attention like @Ric?

15 hours ago, Empty It said:

Are the Germans as embarrassed about Hamburg as the general public of Scotland are about Sevco?

They are pretty much the point and laugh club of Germany down to their hilarious attempts to get out of the second tier. Not hard to see the affiliation. 

16 minutes ago, Empty It said:

A grown man so desperate for attention that he's decided to film himself watching a St Mirren game on TV, very odd behaviour. 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just what is it with fans of that particular club?

5 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

They're all absolute mental cases.

Without “mental case” @Div you guys would not have a forum to speak out on! 😂 

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Surely the fact it's singular either way, is decisive?

No

1st person singular: I lose

2nd person singular: you lose

3rd person singular: he loses

1st person plural:  we lose

2nd person plural: you lose (as in you guys lose)

3rd person plural: they lose

we are both laughing and learning on this thread but I’ll try to get back to shit puns soon

On 23/07/2023 at 00:24, Super_A said:

I'd imagine they couldn't give f**k what fans of other clubs do because unlike in Scotland they actually like their clubs more than they hate another.

For a fan base that screams "no-one likes us and we don't care" the hurt is palpable

you really do care

15 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

No

1st person singular: I lose

2nd person singular: you lose

3rd person singular: he loses

1st person plural:  we lose

2nd person plural: you lose (as in you guys lose)

3rd person plural: they lose

we are both laughing and learning on this thread but I’ll try to get back to shit puns soon

Depends how you identify. Could be,

1st person singular: they lose

On 23/07/2023 at 10:16, approximately dave said:

Has anyone elses club ever had a random orange strip released for sale in the club shop on the 12th July?

Not sure about the date of release but it's not a patch on Motherwell's.. :whistle 🥁

image.png.59696ca5e89b47a0100f751d64817d33.png

4 hours ago, Peil said:

For a fan base that screams "no-one likes us and we don't care" the hurt is palpable

you really do care

"No-one likes us and it actually makes us pretty upset" doesn't have the same ring to it.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure about the date of release but it's not a patch on Motherwell's.. :whistle 🥁

image.png.59696ca5e89b47a0100f751d64817d33.png

Does amber count?

I get confused sometimes on yellows, golds and ambers, each one used by a club for their strip has a different interpretation of what shade of yellow they are. Like when I think of gold I think of the gold colour in the Barcelona or Pogon Szczecin strips. I mean Berwick Rangers claim their colours as gold and black when they are more similar to the Motherwell amber. Thing is the Motherwell amber looks nothing like a traffic light shade so its a shade of yellow. Same with Alloa as they claim their colours are gold and black and Fort William or but yet it seems like clubs won't accept that their strip is just yellow, as if yellow is bad luck or something. Nearly every club that has a yellow strip claims it as gold or amber? Except Partick Thistle and Albion Rovers who just tell it as it is without the lies.

Motherwell usually don't disappoint with their strips, usually a classic combination with that claret or is it maroon like Hearts and Arbroath wear?

Motherwell have varied from a full-on Adidas yellow (circa 1980) to something more like traffic light amber (some of the 80's strips spring to mind) butare generally more like what be considered traditional amber. Traffic lights tend to be more on the orange side than proper amber. 

Not much difference between claret and maroon although I think claret tends to be slightly lighter. 

Edit: on review, I don't think that bottom image is genuine but we did have some of a similar colour. 

image.png

image.png

Edited by Archie McSquackle

image.png.954b55d1aff166a884afbc83b08ee6e3.png

Bonner doing Bonner things

FAI board member Packie Bonner believes Celtic should explore taking over a League of Ireland club as a feeder operation.

The former Celtic goalkeeper made the comments on the club’s official podcast ahead of their trip to Dublin to face Wolves on Saturday.

He raised the idea that Celtic should follow the route of Manchester City, the most high profile multi-club structure, by assuming control of an Irish club.

Bonner said he has mentioned the idea to Dermot Desmond, who has personally entered into the Irish market to buy a 25pc share of Shamrock Rovers.

However, Bonner – an independent member of the FAI board – feels Celtic should do their own thing by bringing an entire club under their wing.

“I’ve been talking to Dermot Desmond a few times I mentioned that we should have a club over there. We should have a club in the League of Ireland and run the whole thing,” he told Celtic View.

“That will be lovely - a feeder club. Man City do it all over the world, why can we not do it? I know we’ve got a connection with Shamrock Rovers through what Dermot Desmond’s doing.

“But, buy your own club, that would be fantastic, wouldn’t it? The club is special. It’s got that connection with Ireland that’ll never change.”

The multi-club model has been a talking point in Irish football across the past year with a Fleetwood takeover of Waterford and the Turkish owners of Hull City buying Shelbourne. Acun Ilicali, the man behind the deal, insisted that Shels would not be a ‘feeder’ club to Hull.

Equally as tinpot is Bonner being employed by a national FA.

Edited by GNU_Linux