What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

I doubt anybody would have batted an eyelid about their celebration being on the Saturday; indeed 27th October back in 1923 was a Saturday. So is this just Dundee United finding a way to do another 'Friday night football' instalment without having to get their visitors to agree (which Arbroath evidently wouldn't have)?

If it was being moved for TV they would have no choice but if it was like the Aberdeen-Dundee United games last season both clubs would have to agree. This way they've effectively gone over Arbroath's head and had SPFL order it.

19 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I doubt anybody would have batted an eyelid about their celebration being on the Saturday; indeed 27th October back in 1923 was a Saturday. So is this just Dundee United finding a way to do another 'Friday night football' instalment without having to get their visitors to agree (which Arbroath evidently wouldn't have)?

If it was being moved for TV they would have no choice but if it was like the Aberdeen-Dundee United games last season both clubs would have to agree. This way they've effectively gone over Arbroath's head and had SPFL order it.

I don't get how the SPFL can just make Arbroath do this when as you say in other circumstances it would need the agreement of both clubs. With this precedent being set, will clubs look for spurious reasons to move games to maximise their chances - moving a game later to let injuries clear up or avoid a suspension? Or the other way about, bring a game forward to a date before the opposition have a new player or an injury clears up? "Aye, we're celebrating the anniversary of our first ever third kit, we need to move the game. Who cares what Morton think, just get it moved."

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I don't get how the SPFL can just make Arbroath do this when as you say in other circumstances it would need the agreement of both clubs. With this precedent being set, will clubs look for spurious reasons to move games to maximise their chances - moving a game later to let injuries clear up or avoid a suspension?

Only similar example I recall recently is when they put Celtic v Hibs back 2 days in Jan 2021 so Celtic could have a longer training camp, despite Hibs objecting. Of course were no crowds then.

Heard about this on one of the Terrace podcasts, but apparently Hamilton Academical now have two twitter accounts. 

@theacciesfc (official) #newera with 415 followers

Also the original @acciesfc with 33k+ followers. 

Not sure whats what here tbh.

16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I don't understand this at all. The fixture is scheduled for an official specific date. Surely if one of the clubs doesn't want the match moved, it doesn't move. Ridiculous. However, for Arbroath to say that travelling is an issue is embarrassing. 

4 hours ago, jagfox said:

Heard about this on one of the Terrace podcasts, but apparently Hamilton Academical now have two twitter accounts. 

@theacciesfc (official) #newera with 415 followers

Also the original @acciesfc with 33k+ followers. 

Not sure whats what here tbh.

Sounds like one of them is a scam. Accies have form for it.

Does either one have a Blue Tick because that is how you tell who is real on twitter

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Sounds like one of them is a scam. Accies have form for it.

Does either one have a Blue Tick because that is how you tell who is real on twitter

You can guess which one has the blue tick 🤣

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I don't understand this at all. The fixture is scheduled for an official specific date. Surely if one of the clubs doesn't want the match moved, it doesn't move. Ridiculous. However, for Arbroath to say that travelling is an issue is embarrassing. 

The SPFL rules allow the board to reschedule any fixture when they see fit. They should consult with the clubs before doing so, but there is no obligation for them to actually take the views of the clubs on board.

These rules are all created and maintained by the clubs - have Arbroath proposed a change to this at any point?

6 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’m a few pages late but I’ve no idea how any grown adult can call themselves an “ultra” without cringing themselves into a coma.

It's not as if anyone under that age wants them to, either. It's very much so for teenage/young adult supporters.

Anyone older should recieve complementary tickets in the club's quieter/family stand.

15 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

It's not as if anyone under that age wants them to, either. It's very much so for teenage/young adult supporters.

Anyone older should recieve complementary tickets in the club's quieter/family stand.

Don’t think that’s true. I think the Aberdeen ‘ultras’ have definitely improved the atmosphere at pittodrie and I’m glad for it. I wouldn’t go for a pint with a single one of them and I’m not getting involved but fair play for the improvement. 

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don’t think that’s true. I think the Aberdeen ‘ultras’ have definitely improved the atmosphere at pittodrie and I’m glad for it. I wouldn’t go for a pint with a single one of them and I’m not getting involved but fair play for the improvement. 

At cappielow we have the section with the drum, younger ones singing, etc. I quite like it, it usually brings an atmosphere to games.

Whilst they aren't "ultras" they're much the same, minus the flags. Anyone 30+ (that may be generous) who calls themselves an ultra though are cringe-worthy.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The SPFL rules allow the board to reschedule any fixture when they see fit. They should consult with the clubs before doing so, but there is no obligation for them to actually take the views of the clubs on board.

These rules are all created and maintained by the clubs - have Arbroath proposed a change to this at any point?

In what way is it pertinent whether Arbroath have proposed a change. The fixture has a date given by the SPFL and the two clubs can't agree on a change. So the original SPFL date should be honoured.