The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

I'll reiterate again. If you are for Kingsford, then you are happy to see an important part of your club's history die, on very spurious grounds from a chairman who has repeatedly been shown to get things wrong in the past.

Milne is, at best, incompetent and, at worst, staggeringly corrupt

58 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

I think Hibernia makes valid points but on the other hand you have to understand that at the core of it all is a football team, and they need to be given the best platform to succeed. Aberdeen are woefully under equipped and will be left behind if things don't change.

There were a couple but they were well hidden by the hyperbole and conspiracy theorist tinged nonsense of the rest of the post.

Travel options are indeed an issue but it's not like they are static. Bus and Train routes can be changed/built over time and it's hard to imagine wouldn't be improved over time as the city expands.  Not denying they're an issue but it's not the doom and gloom end of the world for all time problem people are making it out to be either.

A further point on Coventry City that hasn't already been made, Coventry spent the first 49 years of their existence in the lower divisions of English football. They then spent 33 years in the top flight, before being demoted in 2001; four years before they moved to the Ricoh Arena.

Aberdeen were promoted to the top flight in 1904; the second year of our existence. We have never been relegated since. There is absolutely no parallel between the clubs, nor any relationship between Coventry's demotion, and their move to the Ricoh Arena causal or correlative.

Edited by Illgresi

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

There were a couple but they were well hidden by the hyperbole and conspiracy theorist tinged nonsense of the rest of the post.

Travel options are indeed an issue but it's not like they are static. Bus and Train routes can be changed/built over time and it's hard to imagine wouldn't be improved over time as the city expands.  Not denying they're an issue but it's not the doom and gloom end of the world for all time problem people are making it out to be either.

In Central Europe, plenty of clubs have moved to new stadiums. In almost every case, it is imperative that train and bus links are up to scratch before the stadium move happens. There's no point saying "it will happen over time", there will be little enthusiasm for Kingsford if this isn't sorted beforehand.

As for the "conspiracy theorist tinged nonsense", I'm aware it may well come across like that, but it genuinely staggers me how incompetent Milne and the Aberdeen board have been in all this. It just reeks to me

25 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Well no. That just says that Highfield Road and Pittodrie has some very loose connections and then Coventry went into Administration in 2013.

It's gives absolutely no explanation into how Coventry were run as a football club or why Aberdeen would end up in exactly the same situation (probably because they won't) 

Generally the articles like this on NKS site show a basic lack of understanding of football.  I loved their article about how Wick could host European games.

The Madejski isn't on a train line, it's also out of town.  

Attendances have nearly doubled since the play-off final season at Elm Park.

Of course nobody remembers that Reading used to play at Elm Park, because their heritage died when they moved Stadium (just like nobody knows that Arsenal used to play at a ground called Highbury or even SAAAAF of the river at one time). 

Yours, you'll have to trust me because all the heritage and history is dead, DEAD I tell ya!

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

9 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Generally the articles like this on NKS site show a basic lack of understanding of football.  I loved their article about how Wick could host European games.

:lol: I was raging when ICT never moved their European game up to Wick to be honest.

Staggers me that people actually believe some of the pish in that article.

Aye but if that stadium was in Methven(6 miles outside Perth) would it still be the same? I think not.
Perth is far smaller and has a far lesser population than Aberdeen so to scale and at the time of construction of McD, my point stands. It's all semantics anyway.

The planning report is available online:

https://committees.aberdeencity.gov.uk/documents/s78883/Kingsford - 170021.pdf

ETA: As I mentioned previously this is basically the theme of the planning report - contravenes planning policy but perceived economic benefits outweigh this.

On 22/11/2017 at 08:42, RiG said:

Based on some of the stories today it looks like the amended application is really going to push hard on the economic benefits in the hope, I would guess, that these benefits would outweigh any potential policy or planning issues/conflicts and therefore try and convince ACC that the application should be permitted.

Edited by RiG

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Absolutely laughable to compare Coventry and Aberdeen, but not unexpected considering the pish we’ve endured by the No campaign 

Read up on SISU and then come back and try and compare it to Aberdeen 

I was going to say similar, Coventry itself is about half as big again and sits in the Midlands which has a population more than double Scotland. It really isn't comparing like for like

I'll reiterate again. If you are for Kingsford, then you are happy to see an important part of your club's history die, on very spurious grounds from a chairman who has repeatedly been shown to get things wrong in the past.

Did wiggys dog take a dump in your drive earlier?

I hope you cheer up soon.

2 minutes ago, Hibernia said:

No, I care about fan culture. It will be a poorer experience for all concerned if fans have to go to Kingsford instead of Pittodrie

Can you tell me what 'fan culture is, please?

Actually it is fully within the city boundary to the far west, and given Pittodrie is nearly as far east as one can go in Aberdeen, "the other side of the city" is axiomatic.

Yes Indeed@hibernia must feel a bit silly now he realises that this is more like Hibs moving to Port Edgar than Straiton

Hibernia is spot on. If you strip away the pro-AFC/Aurora and no/NIMBY shite then you realise that the Aberdeen support have just accepted their club being moved 7 miles from the city centre. They’re only tolerating this because Milne has neglected Pittodrie and our training situation to the point where anything else is seen as an improvement.

If people stopped getting embroiled in the petty arguments and read the application, the transport plan and matchday fan facilities in particular, they’d realise that going to Kingsford is not going to be a good experience, unless maybe for corporate or families.

2 hours ago, Hibernia said:

Similar comments were apparently made when we left Muirton. What's followed is the best era in our clubs history, and the stadium is in an absolutely perfect position next to the bypass and a huge new housing development, so large it's classes as a new village, which will see thousands of people moving in just minutes from it. 

In twenty years you'll probably find Kingsford is surrounded by houses.