The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

1 minute ago, fatshaft said:

A footbridge. However that is not why they were consulted as it was only added late in the day due to safety concerns raised. 

Correct. I didn't say that was why they were consulted just noting that some of the infrastructure will be within their jurisdiction.

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Don’t worry, there’s also the “Red cafe” (capacity of 100) and the outdoor fanzone which will be a pleasant experience through the Aberdeenshire winter.

I guess it would be possible to put up a temporary covers the fanzone on matchdays: turn it into an Oktoberfest style beer tent instead. 

The entire project looks absolutely stinking though from a fan's perspective: it makes Almondvale or TFS look like masterclasses in planning. 

8 minutes ago, strichener said:

As will the CPZ that the TA requires.

Thought there wasn't going to be a CPZ, that's one of the nimbys gripes? Or is it that there will be one? f**k knows now, they moan about everything. 

21 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

A footbridge. However that is not why they were consulted as it was only added late in the day due to safety concerns raised. 

Shire Council had a vote yesterday and they are not going to decriminalise parking. So it doesn’t matter what happens on Monday, it will still go to the SG.

49 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Shire Council had a vote yesterday and they are not going to decriminalise parking. So it doesn’t matter what happens on Monday, it will still go to the SG.

So if Scottish govt. then approve, it'll be free for all parking in front of Nimby's houses? (:lol:)

23 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

So if Scottish govt. then approve, it'll be free for all parking in front of Nimby's houses? (:lol:)

No that isn't how it works.

The real funny thing would be Aberdeenshire Council preventing the businesses in Arnhall from using their premises as car parks.  I cannot see how these businesses allowing public parking will not also require planning permission if there are formal agreements with AFC (which is what is proposed in the TA). :thumsup2

Edited by strichener

6 minutes ago, strichener said:

The real funny thing would be Aberdeenshire Council preventing the businesses in Arnhall from using their premises as car parks. 

I'd imagine (tho with the state of the tories just now maybe not) that the council wouldn't make a decision based on spite? 

4 hours ago, RiG said:

Those many other grounds you mention have lots of facilities nearby. If you want to let the crowds around Tynecastle or Easter Road dissipate there are a multitude of pubs to head for or to get some food. If you want to hang around Kingsford then the only option would appear to be the Supporters Bar which will not be able to accommodate everyone milling around the ground afterwards.

Stop believing all the lies about the stadium being in the middle of nowhere. There's plenty round about to keep you busy for 45 minutes.

3 hours ago, COYR said:

That's why I still generously plunked on an extra £4m or so.

I'm all ears to Dunty's explanation as to why it would cost more like 30 or even 40 or fockin 50 million as claimed, for 2 stands that size and capacity. 

I will personally come back to this thread and apologise in 2021 if Kingsford costs less than 70 million.

It doesn't matter how many explanations are made to you, you live in your own little bubble where the Sims are real and you can build what you like without having to worry about cost or modern building regulations.

Also, to save me quoting another one of your posts, Aberdeen could not build a stadium with an open terrace. I actually thought that was the worst of your comments, until you said let's build a stand like St Mirren's. 

14 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Stop believing all the lies about the stadium being in the middle of nowhere. There's plenty round about to keep you busy for 45 minutes.

Genuine question since I've never been to the area; what is there around there?

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

There’s a Costco nearby...

Two pubs within half an hour’s walk if I’m not mistaken, one of which is attached to a premier inn.

Aye just seen that. Costa (coffee is shit) is across the road from the Premier Inn. Drinking pricey pints at a Premier Inn that is a half hour walk away doesn't sound all that appealing. Plus you have to hope it's not one of those hotels that ask for your room number when you order a pint.

54 minutes ago, Dunty said:

There really isn't. Even the most ardent of supporters of Kingsford can't seriously argue that the area is flush with pubs and places to eat surely!?

44 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Genuine question since I've never been to the area; what is there around there?

Loads, it’s the Las Vegas of the NE.

A Greggs(most important)  a Costa with two tables outside, an Ice Cream shop, a pub, a Premier Inn, a Holiday Inn  and some shops and fast food outlets, A Chinese and Indian too that’s about it.

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

There really isn't. Even the most ardent of supporters of Kingsford can't seriously argue that the area is flush with pubs and places to eat surely!?

Anyone wanting to find this out can see for themselves (quite literally, although not in person unless they physically went up there) by the wonders of Google Maps. Spent 5 minutes at lunch looking around

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Those many other grounds you mention have lots of facilities nearby. If you want to let the crowds around Tynecastle or Easter Road dissipate there are a multitude of pubs to head for or to get some food. If you want to hang around Kingsford then the only option would appear to be the Supporters Bar which will not be able to accommodate everyone milling around the ground afterwards.

Don’t believe the lies, there’s f**k all to do there for 45 minutes. Unless you like shopping for cards or gifts – for some reason the shopping centre in Westhill has more card & gift shops than Union Square and the Bon Accord Centre combined.