Orange Order "Charm Offensive"

Jason King

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

They do, it’s called being a taxpayer...

would you be happy knowing your money went to policing an event you dislike a lot ! we all have to pay for this whether we like it or not , the heavy police presence is there because of the nature of marches being troublesome too , 

I've still to hear why these fannies can't just hire out a venue or a field somewhere and why exactly they have to parade around towns making as much noise and being as disruptive as possible.

The rest of you have made your minds up on a whole group of people, based on complete ignorance and a lack of understanding of what they stand for, you’ve vilified them as sub-human, you want them eradicated from society because you feel you don’t have anything in common with them.

Is that not the very essence of rampant bigotry?

I don’t believe the orange order is faultless. There are some utter morons, total bigots and scum bags in the order and even more following at the sides of the road. Plenty that don’t know or understand why they are there and pay no heed to the principles they proclaim to ascribe to- but that’s the same as most organisations in life.

There are also plenty of very good, decent people with deeply held principles and beliefs. But none of you would ever recognise that because you’re every bit as bigoted and ignorant as those you decry.

Do you agree that the whole practice is completely outdated and brings absolutely nothing of a positive note to 2018 Scotland/NI?

3 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

There are also plenty of very good, decent people with deeply held principles and beliefs.

Indeed. "Some very fine people." as a certain Nazi lover might say.

20708451_1363474923773108_54677467083126

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I've seen these sad, pathetic losers do their stupid 'look at us!'act in Dunfermline, Dundee, Ayr, Aberdeen and Glasgow and it's just a sad sight. Fucking dregs of society who propagate hate and are desperately trying to stop Scotland moving forward. Hopefully their numbers are falling though. The last one I saw in Dundee (it went down my street) only had about 15 folk in it, mostly old broken men clinging to their sad attempts at identity. There were almost as many police as marchers.

There were fucking thousands of them in Alloa on a Saturday last July. Not sure why we had so many this time around, but there were coaches all over the place; felt like most of Northern Ireland was roaming the town centre trying to intimidate the locals. Half of the shops in the town closed to avoid trouble, and nobody was happy about it, as that's obviously a days' business lost.

It's normally similar to the numbers you mention, though, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Extra-special effort being made to GIRU the Forth Valley, I guess. It must be unbearably tedious for the folk who aren't there looking for fights, as it was literally just three hours of ugly blokes stomping about in comedy costumes playing the worst music this side of Nicki Minaj  :unsure2:

7 minutes ago, steve55 said:

Same as what happened in 1690...nothing to do with Scotland.

The slippery slope on threads like this is that if you point out that 1690 was paralled in Scotland by battles like Dunkeld and Killiecranckie because it was part of a wider conflict involving succession to all three kingdoms in the British Isles, the hard of thinking on here will assume you support the Orange Order rather than seeing them as being a symptom of a wider malaise right across Scottish society due to what Tom Nairn described as the Enchanted Glass where the effect of the British monarchy on the emergence of the modern nation is concerned. The difference between the kingdom of Scotland on the one hand and those of England and Ireland on the other at that point in history was that the pro-Williamite factions in Scotland like the Cameronians and the Campbells from Argyll didn't need direct interventions from an army from continental Europe (ironically on the same side as the Pope in a wider European rivalry that didn't neatly follow Protestant vs RC lines) to be able to prevail over the Jacobites.

They can start by not playing their shite music at 7.30am on my street, before they head away for their big day.

No place for them in the 21st century. It's cringeworthy, small minded bigoted shite.

Republican marches just as bad.

I'm with Bairnardo on this, if it must continue, get it in a hall or stadium or even better get over to NI cesspool.

There is no defence or logic to support these morons.

If the European Convention on Human Rights ceased to be part of Scots Law post-Brexit going after them legisaltively would be a lot easier than it is at the moment. There are other implications to that which are a bit scary though, so the SNP are right to oppose Theresa May on that IMO.

1 hour ago, Stinky Bone said:

I think there is a painting in Stormont that depicts William being blessed by the Pope? 

There used to be. Not sure whether it's still on display. It got vandalised at one point by a nutter from Glasgow called Alexander Radcliffe (?), who didn't understand that it was being used as a relatively high brow wind up of Nationalist politicians by the Ulster Unionist Party.

On 2/4/2018 at 08:41, The Chlamydia Kid said:

No

So, what is the purpose of the Orange Order that is still relevant today?  I believe it was originally founded to 'maintain the Protestant Ascendancy'.  In this secular day and age, that is obviously outdated - but what now?

Archived