Orange Order "Charm Offensive"

Jason King

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Was it not BigotBob who was boasting about some loyalist flute band, playing at his mates wedding. What a pathetically tragic individual.

Is there a populist flute band who do covers of pop songs, like the Red Hot Chilli Pipers?

'Papes No More'?  :unsure:

Excellent balanced argument there. I am by no means a Orangeman but just because you dont like them doesnt mean they are not entitled to exist!

Nobody owes you an “excellent balanced argument” when you peddle utter shite on a daily basis.

11 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

The Orange Order are a bunch of confused idiots who attempt to live in the 17th century...

The UK's constitution is confused and very much fossilized from the 17th century, so the Orange Order are a sympton of something much deeper. As long as the head of state is supreme governor of the CoE the UK won't be a modern secular state no matter how much the chattering classes like to pretend that it is. England's ongoing fixation with the monarchy and the traditional kingdoms of Scotland and Ireland not being predominantly Anglican made the emergence of a modern unitary and secular British nation at ease with EU entry in a similar way to France impossible resulting in the bizarre mess we see around us in identity crisis terms in the modern day. There are no easy answers and it won't get resolved any time soon. Tom Nairn's The Enchanted Glass is a bit dated but worth a read as it's one of the best analyses available on the subject.

1 hour ago, edinabear said:

Excellent balanced argument there. I am by no means a Orangeman but just because you dont like them doesnt mean they are not entitled to exist!

No, you've to pick a team and shout down anyone on a different team. Its the P & B way, "we're the good guys, the other lot are the bad guys so we can jump up an down an dish out shit".

I've not seen a march of any description that I thought had any moral high ground or dignity, they all attract dubious characters.

1 hour ago, edinabear said:

I don't like the KKK are they entitled to exist?

Or did you already answer that question?

4 hours ago, chomp my root said:

No, you've to pick a team and shout down anyone on a different team. Its the P & B way, "we're the good guys, the other lot are the bad guys so we can jump up an down an dish out shit".

I've not seen a march of any description that I thought had any moral high ground or dignity, they all attract dubious characters.

Every single thread like this where a majority are pointing out how backwards people are, you feel the need to white knight the other side. Tragic.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Every single thread like this where a majority are pointing out how backwards people are, you feel the need to white knight the other side. Tragic.

Maybe I'm just open minded and tolerant of others, even those I disagree with.

What's wrong with trying to keep an open mind and trying to see where the other side are coming from. You don't have to agree with them. Or like them. If they aren't breaking the law then suck it up and let the 'other lot' have their wee moment, if you choose to get bent out of shape about it that's on you.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

How are those windmills coming, chompers?

I'm guessing you've google'd it now but I'm not sure you appreciate it. At least I'm hoping you've googled it because you definitely didn't get it when I first posted it. Several months back.

Looks like I'm back in the chair........

evil-laugh.gif

Mwah ha ha ha.

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

Maybe I'm just open minded and tolerant of others, even those I disagree with.

What's wrong with trying to keep an open mind and trying to see where the other side are coming from. You don't have to agree with them. Or like them. If they aren't breaking the law then suck it up and let the 'other lot' have their wee moment, if you choose to get bent out of shape about it that's on you.

I'm guessing you've google'd it now but I'm not sure you appreciate it. At least I'm hoping you've googled it because you definitely didn't get it when I first posted it. Several months back.

Looks like I'm back in the chair........

evil-laugh.gif

Mwah ha ha ha.

So should we keep an open mind on the KKK? Britain First? 

I think you like to think you’re the open minded type, but it’s really just about going against the crowd. A thread on AIDS and you would be arguing that the P&B collective are sheep and we should see it from the side of the disease.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

So should we keep an open mind on the KKK? Britain First? 

I think you like to think you’re the open minded type, but it’s really just about going against the crowd. A thread on AIDS and you would be arguing that the P&B collective are sheep and we should see it from the side of the disease.

Yeah we're getting into the "only the true Messiah denies his divinity" territory here. You've made your mind up (fair enough) and that's it. Whatever I say will be twisted to your agenda. 

You don't need to keep an open mind about the KKK or Britain First or even NAMBLA or whoever, have your froth about them but unless they actually do something illegal then they have just as much right to their disgusting (in my opinion) views as you to yours. Do I like it, no but the alternative is ban everything that the government doesn't like. I don't like Nazi's (lovely uniforms mind :lol:) but just banning things you don't like but are legal is pretty Nazi like behaviour.  These phuqnuggets are perfect adverts for why people shouldn't join them. You can't stop people having despicable views and opinions, you can have laws for a society and if an organisation has some pretty horrible views but keep within the law then we have to accept that. 

You can go online and have a greet about it and band together with others with a similar view and work yourselves up into a massive circle jerk about it. Now if that doesn't resolve the issue, I don't know what will.  There's nothing like a virtual angry mob to get things sorted. :lol:

I fecking hate circle jerks even if I agree with them. The mob mentality is pretty nasty either in real life or online.

Archived