Freemasons “discriminated against”

If someone has posted this on the ‘facts you’ve made up’ thread I wouldn’t have looked twice, but it’s actually true.

They have written to the Equality and Human Rights Commission.  Seriously.  :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42986319

Any P&B’r masons ever been discriminated against?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know lots of freemasons. Now perhaps the ones I know are breaking the rules, but they make no bones about the fact that other freemasons are more important than you or me.  It seems to me to be a very discrimimatory organisation. 

I think I know five. They are all of the older generation. The handshake thing they do is a bit strange but they are all decent enough sorts.

Unlike the Orange bampots they don't appear to be overtly against people of my faith.

Hermless enough...    

2 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

One of my best mates joined up recently. He went the whole entry process and initiation pish which took about a year, attended a couple of meetings and never went back.

Did no one get in touch with him and ask when will I see you again?

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Their whole mantra is much more honourable. Charity, and community shit.

This. My Papa was a freemason and his lodge raised a lot of money for the Ayrshire Hospice after he passed away there.

I don't know a lot about Freemasonry but from what I do know they are definitely not a shady organisation plotting to take over the world.

19 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Up there with the Orange Lodge IMO.

Anyone that's part of it is a fucking weirdo.

Would agree with this. They’re not as bad as the OO but they’re cut from the same cloth. Self aggrandising, self deluding and selfish wee boys club. I’d probably think less of someone if they told me they are a member.

meh,  I have some relatives (including my grandad) who are freemasons and they seem to be an inoffensive lot, give to charity and don't brag about being masons or anything.  Maybe it's the Canadian politeness but they never seem to make a big deal out of the fact that they are masons and just sort of go about their business and stay out of the way.

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

meh,  I have some relatives (including my grandad) who are freemasons and they seem to be an inoffensive lot, give to charity and don't brag about being masons or anything.  Maybe it's the Canadian politeness but they never seem to make a big deal out of the fact that they are masons and just sort of go about their business and stay out of the way.

Is that not kinda the point? You don’t tell outsiders you’re a Mason but advance each other?

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

Do Canadian masons drive around in tiny cars? Or is that just the Americans?

dead.jpg.519e1973fabb37fdf5e901b729174017.jpg

To the surprise of none my auld man was a Mason as were most of his friends.  Certainly in Lanarkshire in the 60s and 70s it was very much a Protestant thing.  I never had any interest in joining, much to his chagrin, though I knew a fair few who were both Masons and Orangemen.  I never saw the connection between the two.

When I worked in Covent Garden in the 90's I did hire suites/rooms in Freemasons' Hall for various events.  It's an absolutely brilliant building:

mason.JPG.04e39599b533c9f9b3d461e1a5a4a3d5.JPG

Archived