Scott McTominay

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

I think Hendry will come back and have a part to play for Scotland in the future. But no way would I bring him into the Euros starting line up.
If McTominay does move to midfield, then it'd have to be Gallagher, Cooper or Hanley in the defensive gap. I know that means a bit of rearrangement of the three in terms of left/right footedness plus ability to bring the ball forward etc, but I'd prefer that than putting Hendry in when it looks like he's only just getting his confidence back.

All that said, SC being SC will probably just calmly continue to play McTominay in defence.

The reason I went for those three is because it gives us genuine pace right across the back and players comfortable in playing it out or taking it up the park. Defensively I’m not sure there’s much in it between those, Cooper, Hanley and Gallagher. Hendry could come into the squad for the WC qualifiers and take it from there.  

I see strength in almost every position in that scottish side now.  I don't think we've been able to properly play our strongest 11 yet. Mctominay has to play in midfield perhaps alongside Jack and mcginn, although Armstrong and mcgregor would be similar. And Cooper needs to be starting centre half. 

As much as gallagher played well when he came in Cooper is playing 2-3 levels above him every week. My only worry is right wing back. A toss up between o'donnell and palmer isn't great. Perhaps Tierney can be persuaded 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Agree but goalkeeper is going to be a problem for us. Marshall 35, McLaughlin 33, Gordon 38. It's a fair amount of shite left after that.

Bryan Gunn’s son doesn’t look like he’ll get a game for England any time soon but not sure if he’s lived up to his early promise. On loan at Stoke I think just now.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

What do you have against Declan Gallagher and why does playing for a mid-table Belgian side mean you should jump about 6 players in the International duty queue?

No particular problem with Gallagher. He can defend his box but not much else. I rated Hendry before he went to Belgium, at least in terms of his potential.. He’s now rated as one of the best in the league and I’m pleased but not surprised. We all know Hendry’s team would  destroy Gallagher’s team.  

8 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Bryan Gunn’s son doesn’t look like he’ll get a game for England any time soon but not sure if he’s lived up to his early promise. On loan at Stoke I think just now.

I don't think he feels the least bit Scottish based on anything I've read about him previously. Time may change that but aye, we don't really know if he's good enough any way.

7 minutes ago, woof! said:

No particular problem with Gallagher. He can defend his box but not much else. I rated Hendry before he went to Belgium, at least in terms of his potential.. He’s now rated as one of the best in the league and I’m pleased but not surprised. We all know Hendry’s team would  destroy Gallagher’s team.  

How many Oostende games you watched this year? 

Who has "rated him one of the best in the league"?

36 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think he feels the least bit Scottish based on anything I've read about him previously. Time may change that but aye, we don't really know if he's good enough any way.

How many Oostende games you watched this year? 

Who has "rated him one of the best in the league"?

His manager. I’m going by the non-Old Firm clubs recent Europa league performances. I’m not sure ours are even better than the league of Ireland.

2 hours ago, edinabear said:

I see strength in almost every position in that scottish side now.  I don't think we've been able to properly play our strongest 11 yet. Mctominay has to play in midfield perhaps alongside Jack and mcginn, although Armstrong and mcgregor would be similar. And Cooper needs to be starting centre half. 

As much as gallagher played well when he came in Cooper is playing 2-3 levels above him every week. My only worry is right wing back. A toss up between o'donnell and palmer isn't great. Perhaps Tierney can be persuaded 

Mctominay must move into midfield

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

No I think you’re right but footballers are mercenary b*****ds and he’s already 25 so give it a couple of years and the penny might drop that England have a lot of keepers to choose from and he’s probably never going to get a game for them.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think he feels the least bit Scottish based on anything I've read about him previously.

What have you read specifically to make you think he doesn't feel "the least bit scottish"?

I find that hard to believe, considering his dad's Scottish and played for Scotland.

He more likely thought he could play at and go further in major tournaments with England. 

Hes quite far out of England reckoning at the moment. We should be asking him again.

1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:

What have you read specifically to make you think he doesn't feel "the least bit scottish"?

I find that hard to believe, considering his dad's Scottish and played for Scotland.

He more likely thought he could play at and go further in major tournaments with England. 

Hes quite far out of England reckoning at the moment. We should be asking him again.

Steve Clarke tried to get him when he took over. Gunn's dad said he was committed to England in the press. I said things may change and I could be wrong but he's not arsed about playing for us by all accounts so far.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Steve Clarke tried to get him when he took over. Gunn's dad said he was committed to England in the press. I said things may change and I could be wrong but he's not arsed about playing for us by all accounts so far.

Ok so you have now in fact read nothing to suggest he doesn't feel "the least bit Scottish" 

👍

Edited by BingMcCrosby

Why does McKenna get an automatic start? He’s been exposed as average in the English Championship and was very overrated at Aberdeen - let’s face it out with Rangers and Celtic the standard the Scottish Prem Is no higher than mid league 1 in England - that’s generous based on the the standard of player you cannot deny it.

Tom McIntyre, Hanley and Cooper are all performing comfortably better and are all superior on the ball.

Has McKenna been "exposed"? The last I heard, the Forest fans quite liked him. Nobody has been suggesting he gets an automatic start anyway, he's behind the three starters and Cooper in the pecking order.

McIntyre has only started 7 games this season, hopefully he's starting to nail down his place, but you can hardly put Reading's success down to him at the moment, in the same way Forest's position has little to do with McKenna.