Partick Thistle vs Aberdeen

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, coprolite said:

anything less than dishing out a sound thrashing today will disappoint. We need a boost.

I was going to post this, too. May I borrow it?

Starting XI: Woodman; Logan, O'Connor, McKenna, Considine; Ball, Shinnie; McGinn, McLean, Christie; May. 
Subs: Rogers, Stewart, Rooney, Mackay-Steven, Arnason, Wright, Nwakali. 

Probably most surprised by Ball's inclusion. Would be good for May to get a goal and hopefully give him a boost to kick on from now until the end of the season. 

First time in ages that I haven’t shook my head in disbelief at our team selection for one reason or another. Delighted to have Elliot back and our midfield has been crying out for McCarthy. With McCarthy, Elliot and Woods starting we should at least be a bit harder to beat.

1303D535-01CF-4AD0-9004-9EE2095CA4E1.png

Alan Archibald quoted on the BBC live page

"Abdul Osman called off this morning, which was a blow," he told BBC Scotland. "He has a bit of an illness. 

"Mustapha Dumbuya pulled out on Thursday with an injury, Niall Keown is another one who never recovered from the Hamilton game. So that’s three enforced ones."

11 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Alan Archibald quoted on the BBC live page

"Abdul Osman called off this morning, which was a blow," he told BBC Scotland. "He has a bit of an illness. 

"Mustapha Dumbuya pulled out on Thursday with an injury, Niall Keown is another one who never recovered from the Hamilton game. So that’s three enforced ones."

Ah. Not good. I'm sure all eventualities are prepared for. Goals please, Thistle.

Insightful from Willie Miller. We aren't past 85 minutes yet, are we?

A point would be well received (by Partick Thistle). They’ve put in a lot of work, in the second half in particular and put Aberdeen under much more pressure. So I don’t think Alan Archibald is settling for one point, but with their record against Aberdeen, they would take one point for sure

Archived