Partick Thistle vs Aberdeen

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another disjointed, aimless, and powder puff performance from us. I don’t recall Cerny making a single save in the whole game. Partick kept Woodman on his toes in the second half - they deserved at least a point. We need a right good shake.

Is that stat of one shot on target for the Dons correct?

Grim viewing again and you have to imagine what'll happen in the summer since their 2 best players bar Shinnie are only on loan.

McInnes did well to deal with the departure of Hayes and Taylor in the summer but the question is open as to whether he can do it again.

Good result, doesn’t make up for the last 2 games but I had us written off today. Aberdeen didn’t look all that great, pretty disjointed although they could have been a goal up if it wasn’t for Cerny. Thought Elliot was great, wasn’t sure he’d be up to it considering how long he was out.

13 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Is that stat of one shot on target for the Dons correct?

Grim viewing again and you have to imagine what'll happen in the summer since their 2 best players bar Shinnie are only on loan.

McInnes did well to deal with the departure of Hayes and Taylor in the summer but the question is open as to whether he can do it again.

On recent form i don’t think it would take much to replace Christie’s output.

On recent form i don’t think it would take much to replace Christie’s output.

Absolutely. He has been really poor for months. Amazing fall in form after his start to the season which saw him picking up MOTM almost every week.

Just now, bpdon said:

Absolutely. He has been really poor for months. Amazing fall in form after his start to the season which saw him picking up MOTM almost every week.

Yup, think i said to my Celtic supporting pal at the time that it would take something drastic for him not to be our player of the season but now i wouldn’t even say i’d want him to be guaranteed a starting spot the way he has been.

Christ we are mince,maybe just as well we won't qualify for europe.4th at best in league and papped oot by Killie is my prediction.

So depressing.Rooney needs service,May just shite Christie pfft never get a game for Celtic etc etc.

I need a drink. 

Don’t know what game you lot saw. I saw end to end silky football whilst basking in warm weather. 

On a serious note. Once again McCarthy more than steps up and was one of the best players on the pitch today (faded towards the end but putting Christie on his arse at the end was beautiful). The boy can’t get overlooked anymore. 

Elliot, Devine and Woods had good games too! Cerny with a match saving save and Cargill with probably a match saving tackle towards the end also. 

Ref was in Dereks pocket and the blatant wrong decisions because McInnes flails his arms around were tradgic viewing. 

(We've got them all exactly where we want them.)

Partick Thistle manager Alan Archibald on BBC Radio Scotland: "Hopefully it will be a precious and very good point for us.

"After dealing with a lot of pressure in the first, we were much better in the second.

"Aberdeen are a good side and we are just delighted with the clean sheet.

"We have a tough run of games coming up and we've got to take points from them."

DM not happy at the support today. Couple of angry stares and gestures to fans during the game. Not seen that happen before.

Thanks to Michael Devlin for taking the time to speak to the kids after the game and staying for a picture in the stand after the final whistle.

My boys favourite player is Maynard now ????. Amazing what a simple “hello” and handshake means to an 8 year old.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, bpdon said:

Another disjointed, aimless, and powder puff performance from us. I don’t recall Cerny making a single save in the whole game. Partick kept Woodman on his toes in the second half - they deserved at least a point. We need a right good shake.

Shinnie missed an absolute sitter by passing straight to him.

Archived