Things The Lower Classes Do

14 hours ago, coprolite said:

Butter is for cooking with and.....shouldn’t be spread on cold bread at all. 

Your 'sannie' gaffe has been dealt with.  Thankfully.  Butter should, of course, be spread on bread/bread-equivalents.  I had oatcakes with cheese earlier.  I spread them with butter.  This is normal.  Last weekend I bought some beigels and served them with ham and scrambled eggs for breakfast - using butter on both inner surfaces.  Tomorrow I'll cook some chicken soup and serve it with buttered rolls.

Stick your 'sannie' and your mayonnaise up yer arse ;)

14 hours ago, coprolite said:

Butter is for cooking with and should be stored in the fridge. It spreads adequately on toast (if you are a pleb and don’t use a conserve) and shouldn’t be spread on cold bread at all. If you are making a sannie use mayonnaise. 

I can’t believe people don’t know this.

on yoghurt, is it possible that the colleague was culturing his own and needed to maintain ambient temperature?

What's this?

What if you want a sweet sandwich like a piece 'n jam or a piece 'n sugar?

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Your 'sannie' gaffe has been dealt with.  Thankfully.  Butter should, of course, be spread on bread/bread-equivalents.  I had oatcakes with cheese earlier.  I spread them with butter.  This is normal.  Last weekend I bought some beigels and served them with ham and scrambled eggs for breakfast - using butter on both inner surfaces.  Tomorrow I'll cook some chicken soup and serve it with buttered rolls.

Stick your 'sannie' and your mayonnaise up yer arse ;)

Butter on oatcakes with cheese?

Why in the name of god would you do that?

My parents used to have a piece with butter and sugar, more so my mother being from a poor family (catholics, many kids) but it was never something forced on me. I don’t mind a piece with just butter though to be fair. Easy and convenient wee snack.

9 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

My parents used to have a piece with butter and sugar, more so my mother being from a poor family (catholics, many kids) but it was never something forced on me. I don’t mind a piece with just butter though to be fair. Easy and convenient wee snack.

I enjoy a piece on butter (yes, I said it, a piece on butter) on occasion.

There is no shame in coming from a poor family.  Having your life dictated by the Catholic Church however....

13 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Surprisingly filling and tasty, may have tried it again as a poor student once or twice.