Things That University of Life Students Do

59 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What defines a University of Life student? Is it anyone with no further education than high school or are we talking a certian brand of person here?

Someone who's done ok financially by ripping off as many people as they can, interspersed with having to crawl to speccy faced bank managers for loans, resulting in a massive chip on their shoulder.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thread reminded me of the Saxondale bit; "I graduated from the University of Life, the School of Hard Knocks, and, er, Lancaster Polytechnic with an HND in Mechanical Engineering"

I do vividly remember someone showing me a Facebook profile of a charming young lady who graduated from the University of Life as per her Facebook. Her religious views on said social media platform were listed as"fuk the pope".

A lot of unabashed University of Life types do seem to think that a few years running, say, an ice cream van somehow would give them the skillset to have an effective political career. I don't mean just on a local level, I'm talking as a full on constituency MP.  Pretty sure it'd go about as well as John Smeaton's ill-fated political career in most cases, tbh

edit: ooh! Got one - they're the type that will usually share viral Facebook pictures without stopping to apply any sort of basic reasoning or fact-checking to whether whatever shite they're posting has any basis in reality.

You know the type of thing:

image.png.86c80a3857cca964d2d42defc60d061f.png

"THIS WAR VETERAN HAS SPENT 8 YEARS WAITING FOR A HOUSE, BUT A BROWN FAMILY GOT ONE AFTER WAITING JUST 3 MONTHS BY BEING FAST-TRACKED. SHARE IF U THINK THIS IS A DISGRACE"

Thinks actual university (or any kind of formal education/qualifications) is a lot of shite and takes great pleasure in telling people this mainly to cover for the fact they failed miserably and have in general fucked up their life. 

eta Supports Aberdeen

Thread reminded me of the Saxondale bit; "I graduated from the University of Life, the School of Hard Knocks, and, er, Lancaster Polytechnic with an HND in Mechanical Engineering"
I do vividly remember someone showing me a Facebook profile of a charming young lady who graduated from the University of Life as per her Facebook. Her religious views on said social media platform were listed as"fuk the pope".
A lot of unabashed University of Life types do seem to think that a few years running, say, an ice cream van somehow would give them the skillset to have an effective political career. I don't mean just on a local level, I'm talking as a full on constituency MP.  Pretty sure it'd go about as well as John Smeaton's ill-fated political career in most cases, tbh
edit: ooh! Got one - they're the type that will usually share viral Facebook pictures without stopping to apply any sort of basic reasoning or fact-checking to whether whatever shite they're posting has any basis in reality.
You know the type of thing:
image.png.86c80a3857cca964d2d42defc60d061f.png
"THIS WAR VETERAN HAS SPENT 8 YEARS WAITING FOR A HOUSE, BUT A BROWN FAMILY GOT ONE AFTER WAITING JUST 3 MONTHS BY BEING FAST-TRACKED. SHARE IF U THINK THIS IS A DISGRACE"

3 months??? Disgrace. Should have given them one within a day and a 2nd unnecessary house within the week

1. Ex-Forces (usually the TA)

2. "We wouldn't be allowed to build a church in one of THEIR countries"

3. Has an almost pavlovian orgasm to the St George's or Union flegs

4. Is convinced he is being sneakily fed Halal chicken

5. Uses the phrase "The British Taxpayer" a lot

Regurgitates the same hot takes as Sky Sports Pundits.

Engage in flirty 'banter' with random female celebrities on twitter.

Listens to Talksport

Gets visually aroused by a 2 footed tackle.

Shares 'funny' pictures of minions on Facebook.

Complains about illegal immigrants despite there being barely any in his inconsequential bin of a town. 

Make blanket comments about genuine students all being lazy, and not getting out of bed until 2pm.

Drive a taxi.

Have an incredibly pompous stance on almost every subject, and use vague bullshit sentences to try and seem like the thinking man.

Quote rightly a focus on the raging yoons in UoL grads but let's not forget our Yes voting colleagues.

1. Share Wings over Scotland articles

2.Share Wings over Scotland's social views

3. Have butterfly twibbons

4. Have Saor Alba somewhere in their twitter handle

5. Have Saor Alba tattoos

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Thinks actual university (or any kind of formal education/qualifications) is a lot of shite and takes great pleasure in telling people this mainly to cover for the fact they failed miserably and have in general fucked up their life. 

eta Supports Aberdeen

^^^Thinks that because they sucked an education out of workers' wages means they can lord it over people who made their own way in life.

eta Supports Celtic.

They tend to use every conversation as an excuse to brag about their income or how well they’re doing. Less than subtle mentions of how flash their car is, how big their house is, how much they’re looking forward to their holiday in Florida etc

Fond of using the phrase “Well I left school with no qualifications and look at me!”

Archived