BBC bias

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Before I go using that elsewhere, do you have a source? Are there any other non-politicians who've appeared 10 or more times in that 10 years?

Any other examples welcome. I've got some good stuff but it's all well out of date now, like between the 2010 and 2015 elections Katie Hopkins appeared as many times as all scientists and science writers combined. 

It was a month ago! Can't remember where I sourced it from on Twitter, but I don't follow any wallopers, so good chance it's genuine.  As it's anti-right, good odds it was something Carol Vorderman searched up.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Before I go using that elsewhere, do you have a source? Are there any other non-politicians who've appeared 10 or more times in that 10 years?

Any other examples welcome. I've got some good stuff but it's all well out of date now, like between the 2010 and 2015 elections Katie Hopkins appeared as many times as all scientists and science writers combined. 

53 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

It was a month ago! Can't remember where I sourced it from on Twitter, but I don't follow any wallopers, so good chance it's genuine.  As it's anti-right, good odds it was something Carol Vorderman searched up.

Seems to be from this article.

BBC Question Time: analysis of guests over nine years suggests an overuse of rightwing voices (theconversation.com)

1 hour ago, German Jag said:

Thanks, that's it.

The full table is even worse. It brings in some panelists that aren't right-wing loons, though still nobody from the left, but you also get Fraser Nelson, Melanie Philips, Peter Hitchins and Piers Morgan. 'kin 'ell.

Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 10.14.49.png

BBC Scotland??? on monday morning gave hour upon hour on englands utter failure on Sunday where they were played off the park with Pickford saving them from further embarrassment.

A young man from Oban won a world class big money golf tournament on Sunday and all he got was two still photos and a quick mention.

Wales' First Minister resigns and gets a passing mention on the BBC News channel while Southgate's resignation is the channel's main headline.

The presenter even said, 'But our main headline is another resignation, Gareth Southgate'.

Bit of a snub for the Welsh.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Wales' First Minister resigns and gets a passing mention on the BBC News channel while Southgate's resignation is the channel's main headline.

The presenter even said, 'But our main headline is another resignation, Gareth Southgate'.

Only english news counts, the BBC regards Scotland  Wales and Northern Ireland as English colonies.

18 hours ago, The DA said:

The double standards in the way the BBC deals with Scotland is the real scandal.

Can you imagine what would happen if a Scottish FM had to leave office in the same way as Gethin?

SEPA would need to put a public safety alert out due to an excess of "man juice" entering the Clyde from the BBC Pacific Quay offices..................

41 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

The double standards in the way the BBC deals with Scotland is the real scandal.

Can you imagine what would happen if a Scottish FM had to leave office in the same way as Gethin?

SEPA would need to put a public safety alert out due to an excess of "man juice" entering the Clyde from the BBC Pacific Quay offices..................

Total hypocrisy but who’s really surprised?

The BBC will be desperate to make sure they have cushy relations with Sir Keir and the gang, so they are more than happy to ignore the complete circus that is the Labour government in Wales.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

10 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The BBC will be desperate to make sure they have cushy relations with Sir Keir and the gang, so they are more than happy to ignore the complete circus that is the Labour government in Wales.

Wales is an irrelevance. It's the size of Israel and you don't hear a peep about those guys either.

How many Olympic Swimming Pools are in a "Wales", how many double-decker buses, and is it bigger or smaller than a "Belgium"?

It's been a while since they updated the unified scale of rainforest destruction, and I could use a refresher.

18 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Wales is an irrelevance. It's the size of Israel and you don't hear a peep about those guys either.

Strangely enough the word ‘Gaza’ takes on a whole new connotation when said in a Welsh accent.

I'm less worried about how many peanuts the BBC cost compared to other TV companies, than them turning Newsnight into a mix of a Zoom podcast and a 1980s late night chat show. Zero mention of a hugely important UK institution, the CCRC getting exposed as utterly useless if not corrupt, for example

On 17/07/2024 at 23:34, Boo Khaki said:

How many Olympic Swimming Pools are in a "Wales", how many double-decker buses, and is it bigger or smaller than a "Belgium"?

It's been a while since they updated the unified scale of rainforest destruction, and I could use a refresher.

You could cover the whole of Wales with the Falkirk support I'm told. 

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You could cover the whole of Wales with the Falkirk support I'm told. 

Allowing a square metre each as they might be quite tubby, you could fit 20,761,000,000 Falkirk fans into Wales. So I don’t think it’s quite big enough . Might need a Belgium.

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

Allowing a square metre each as they might be quite tubby, you could fit 20,761,000,000 Falkirk fans into Wales. So I don’t think it’s quite big enough . Might need a Belgium.

That’s Seville type numbers.

Absolute state of the BBC 1 News just gone. Lead story: more mayhem in Gaza? Canadian wildfires? Vlad grinding away at Ukraine? Sir Peter Butterworth's government preparing to row back from spending commitments?

Nope. 'TeamGeeBee has won its first medals of the Paris Olympics!'

Not gold, btw, and the featured one was in synchronised diving.

(And no, it wasn't Kane and Saka...)

On 17/07/2024 at 22:24, scottsdad said:

The Welsh do have a very strong identity and culture, however they do share the same legal system with England which appears to blend the two from a judiciary perspective, the plus for Plaid Cymru and Welsh nationalists is that since Devolution the Senedd has passed laws with a more Welsh leaning.

On 27/07/2024 at 18:31, KirkieRR said:

Absolute state of the BBC 1 News just gone. Lead story: more mayhem in Gaza? Canadian wildfires? Vlad grinding away at Ukraine? Sir Peter Butterworth's government preparing to row back from spending commitments?

Nope. 'TeamGeeBee has won its first medals of the Paris Olympics!'

Not gold, btw, and the featured one was in synchronised diving.

(And no, it wasn't Kane and Saka...)

Firmly of the view that shit like the Summer Olympics and Wimbledon are only kept in the public consciousness because the BBC goes absolutely over the top with coverage of both. 

They lost all the decent sport to SKY, aside from the few protected things, and because the Olympics is full of chinless toffs and Wimbledon is crushingly upper-middle class, they go completely mental with wall-to-wall coverage and fawn over every single British participant, no matter how obscure the event, or how hopeless the Brit is.

One more reason I can't fucking stand the BBC. In the BBC's world working class people simply do not exist. Even if they are doing a story on Education, it's invariably some nice, achieving school in a leafy suburb they visit, and well-turned out, well-spoken Ollies, Noahs, and Olivias they interview.