Netflix

Biscuits

Outlaw King is going to be sensational. Can predict whiny moaning about slightly imperfect accents already but even if they are all accounts state it's going to be superb. They've released it in a number of theatres too as they're so confident it will get mentions at awards season.

On a slightly different tone I'm currently making my way through season two of Kath and Kim. Quality nonsense.

Went through Paradise PD there. It's not bad. Definitely suits my dark humour, definitely better than the imdb rating IMO. I think it might it could be a bit better streamlined, but the jokes for the most part were pretty good.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Outlaw King is going to be sensational. Can predict whiny moaning about slightly imperfect accents already but even if they are all accounts state it's going to be superb. They've released it in a number of theatres too as they're so confident it will get mentions at awards season.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it tbh. I like a blood and guts historical saga. Hope it isn't just a hagiography and they show the dark side of the Bruce too, eg murdering the Comyn in a church and insisting on playing Jedinak at centre-half. Also hope they get someone from Still Game to play the spider. 

Been watching Orphan Black recently. Pretty good viewing.

The lead is an absolute stunner and plays a few roles and is very convincing in every role. I commented to my Mrs that if I hadn't seen the programme and was just to listen to all her character voices I wouldn't have known it was her speaking each time. She's rightly received a lot of praise and awards for her role(s).

It's keeping me going the now and you feel you can't trust anyone. Lots of twists so far.
That's what I'm currently binge watching, on Season 3 now. Agree that Tatiana Maslany is amazing being able to make each of her characters so unique. So many twists and very complex but I am finding it pretty easy to follow, and I like the way some humour is thrown in especially with Alison.

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Had to Google him, thought I had watched all the episodes of Still Game but apparently there are two whole series I've not seen. Don't think they are on Netflix yet. 

You've not missed much to be honest mate. 

16 hours ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Went through Paradise PD there. It's not bad. Definitely suits my dark humour, definitely better than the imdb rating IMO. I think it might it could be a bit better streamlined, but the jokes for the most part were pretty good.

Just started watching this! :lol: 

That's what I'm currently binge watching, on Season 3 now. Agree that Tatiana Maslany is amazing being able to make each of her characters so unique. So many twists and very complex but I am finding it pretty easy to follow, and I like the way some humour is thrown in especially with Alison.
Yeah the humour is very good and not OTT. Helena usually makes me laugh without it appearing to be intentional. Alison is very funny though and I absolutely love her. Just started season 4 last night. Hopefully the quality remains the same.

16 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
1 hour ago, Swordfishtrombone said:
Series 2 of American Vandal and series 3 of The Good Place coming up. There's not been much to watch on Netflix lately but these two shows are decent. 

Thank God someone still says series. I hate the other Americanism.

It's always a series I thought season was specific to the US and it sounds cunty to use the term if you are from these shores it appears to be most commonly used by the people who debate the merits of DC comics v Marvel. 

This discussion has been done to death but FWIW I call the title of the show the "series" and whatever year we're on to the "season".

I think it's right for the yanks to call it a season because their shows generally run for a season. One a week at around 24 episodes is fair enough. We generally have 6 episodes so it's more like "periods" than "seasons" [emoji38]

On 09/09/2018 at 22:44, Gianfranco said:

I’ve been watching Louis Theroux documentaries from about 2005. It always amazes me that the nutters he visits all seem to have big fancy houses.

Only issue is most have pet Chimps that go fucking mental when let loose.