Netflix

Biscuits

On 9/23/2018 at 13:44, Eoin Doyle said:

Watched Calibre last night. 

Fantastic film with good acting. 

Did you not find a bit cliched and predictable?

There's no doubting it's a well made wee movie but it's been done 1000 times, some wonderfully tense scenes though it must be said.

The fact his school pal was Irish did my nut in until they explained he went to boarding school. 

9 hours ago, Tommy Nooka said:

Did you not find a bit cliched and predictable?

There's no doubting it's a well made wee movie but it's been done 1000 times, some wonderfully tense scenes though it must be said.

The fact his school pal was Irish did my nut in until they explained he went to boarding school. 

Thought the ending was gonna be predictable but was surprised at it. 

The irish dude i'm sure was in the Pacific. 

12 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ve been watching American Vandal. It’s a documentary trying to find out who drew dicks on 27 teacher’s cars. It’s a decent concept and it’s kept my interest so far.

It's brilliant and as a teacher in an American-type international school it gets HS students spot on.

Just finished the second series and it is very good as well.

27 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Maniac is phenomenal. Excellent performances from Emma Stone and Jonah Hill, and the visuals and settings are really cool. We’ve just battered it over the last three evenings. Would thoroughly recommend.

Watched first 3 episodes, really good so far, very quirky with that whole retro future setting.  Has a Black Mirror feel to it and Justin Theroux's character is outrageously funny.

On 9/25/2018 at 14:49, Mayor Wilkins III said:

The second season of American Vandal is amazing. Proper tears of laughter in every episode.

Didn't realize there was a second season in the pipeline. Looking forward to seeing this as the first season was awfy funny.

The first series of American Vandal was superb, buzzing for the second. It completely nailed the conventions of that whole genre and somehow had me really wanting to know #whodrewthedicks.

iPlayer rather than Netflix but I'm quite enjoying Killing Eve. A good antidote to Bodyguard in the sense that it actually knows how daft it is. I've only seen him in Pusher and The Bridge but Kim Bodnia is one of those actors you could watch read a phone book and the two main actresses are excellent too. Jodie Comer being an absolute rides doesn't hurt either. 

I've watched one episode of Ozark and I'm liking what I see. 

10 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Working my way through the 2nd series of American Vandal.  Might even be better than the first so far.

I binged it in one night. I think it's absolutely better than the first series, and the first series was pretty great.