Netflix

Biscuits

Sitting here seething watching Abducted in Plain Sight. 
Came on to comment on that. Fucking hell,how fucking stupid were those parents? How far did your jaw drop when the dad revealed what happened in the car? [emoji38]

The mother is the one I was so furious with. When the girl made the phonecall, her lack of emotion to her daughter was frightening. Compare it to the dad and sisters's reaction and it was quite frightening. I wondered if she was jealous her daughter was getting the maniac's attention and not her, as sick as that sounds.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

That Bundy documentary was excellent, an absolute head case but truelly fascinating at the same time.

I really enjoyed it, having known nothing about the guy. Some really severe mental health issues going on there, quite terrifying.

8 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Sitting here seething watching Abducted in Plain Sight. 

Spoiler

I wasn't a fan of this one mainly because, despite how horrible the situation was, I couldn't help but laugh at the parents and how unbelievably naive they were. Poor kids being put at harm because of these two complete morons. Father and mother both getting it on with the guy who was abducting and molesting the daughter, and after he steals her twice he gets access to her again? Absolutely mental. Is this how stupid people were in the 70s?

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Came on to comment on that. Fucking hell,how fucking stupid were those parents? How far did your jaw drop when the dad revealed what happened in the car? emoji38.png

The mother is the one I was so furious with. When the girl made the phonecall, her lack of emotion to her daughter was frightening. Compare it to the dad and sisters's reaction and it was quite frightening. I wondered if she was jealous her daughter was getting the maniac's attention and not her, as sick as that sounds.

Incredible! How fucking stupid was this guy? 

I only lasted about half way through as i couldnt take it seriously with those parents! I kept trying to justify it by saying people didnt think of grown men interfering with kids back then but even that didnt justify how thick those two were! 

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Came on to comment on that. Fucking hell,how fucking stupid were those parents? How far did your jaw drop when the dad revealed what happened in the car? emoji38.png

The whole thing was so utterly stupid and unbelievable that when the dad was explaining the car incident I was just accepting it. Like yup, of course he'd do that for him.

What I really didn't like was the reenactment of the voice box scenes, just quite creepy. Also constantly showing pictures of young Jan. What was the point in that?

The mum was talking a big game about how she totally blames herself and that if she hadn't met him none of this would have happened. But she was completely emotionless in doing so. I think you're absolutely spot on about the jealously. Yes she did say a couple of times that they didn't like B giving Jan so much attention. Don't think they ever really went into why though and didn't appear to confront him about it at any point did they? Which makes you believe that the mum wanted the attention. Rather than being like why's he giving so much attention to Jan? She's a kid and that's fucking weird. Or if they didn't want to go as sinister as that, why wasn't he giving equal attention to the other kids as well as that's not fair on them?

Just got the impression that they were incredibly thick. Yes, at that time you probably couldn't imagine anything like that happening but how many fucking signs/warnings do you need before taking this guy seriously as a threat to your family? 

Abducted in Plain Sight is mind blowing stuff. So much stuff comes out in the first 20 minutes, I'm thinking "can this get more mental?" And then it does. Every fucking time. I'm still only a third in and it's just constantly throwing madness out there.

2 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Abducted in Plain Sight is mind blowing stuff. So much stuff comes out in the first 20 minutes, I'm thinking "can this get more mental?" And then it does. Every fucking time. I'm still only a third in and it's just constantly throwing madness out there.

I’m 21 minutes in. I thought the dad was going to say what he said, then thought there’s no fucking way he’s going to say what he said. Then he said it. Good god. 

I'm hoping to watch Velvet Buzzsaw over the weekend.

New film released today with the same director and stars of Nightcrawler
Watched a couple on Netflix last night with the Mrs.
Polar: I really, really enjoyed this. I enjoy anything with Mads Mikkelsen in it but I thought he was brilliant in this as retiring assassin "the black kaiser". Some of the "action" scenes were pretty gruesome and Matt Lucas character very weird, but I'd watch this again 7/10.

Velvet Buzzsaw:
Super weird, not my usual type of film to watch and errrr, aye, weird. 4/10

On 24/01/2019 at 04:00, GrahamJags said:

Trigger Warning with Killer Mike Of Run The Jewels is pretty entertaining.

The ‘White Gang Privilege’ episode in particular is fantastic.

What one will you be buying between Crip-a-Cola and Blood Pop?