Ageing

Is it true that hangovers are worse as you age?

Turned 30 recently and had the most monumental one, after a few years of not bad ones.
As I've got older (I'm 44), the hangover has been lessened. I don't think I get any less drunk than I used to. Twenty years ago, a Saturday session like I do now would have floored me for days. If I do get a hangover now, it's mostly tiredness rather than headaches and my stomach on the fast spin with the occasional spew.

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'd be far more likely to ridicule someone who dyes their hair than someone who fully accepted the baldness. Dyed hair looks awful.

The last couple of haircuts I've had have shown a vast amount of grey is working it's way through my hair. I honestly can't wait until it all goes grey, I've hated my shade of kinda brown/kinda blonde for years. At least when it's grey I'll look distinguished. I hope.

I've started to notice quite a few grey hairs coming through over the last 6 months. I'm 27. No chance I'm colouring it though, might stop me getting ID'd when buying drink 😂

I’m 62.
I managed to keep my weight under control until I was 50, mainly by exercising and playing football than limiting alcohol or watching what I ate.
Now I get enough exercise through golf and I eat fairly healthily.
Hair is not important, at one point in the late seventies I had long permed hair, now it’s patchy at best and mostly grey or white so it gets cut short.
Since I turned fifty I drink less and less, like father like son. I don’t miss it.
Have fun while you can.

21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Think about this. We are spinning aimlessly on a massive rock in space. There is no real purpose to our being here and we are condemned to be trapped on this rock for a few years before dying alone in pain.

But what really worries you is how your pubes look when you are naked?

I guess you and I hold ourselves to different personal standards. Each to their own.

Human beings would be a lot happier if they stopped obsessing over how they looked to other people.
Many women would especially benefit from this (looking at the depressingly ludicrous volume of makeup, fake tan and hair dye out there) but given that some blokes develop worry lines over how their pubes look (sjc) I'd say plenty of men could benefit from this too.
Bushy pubed disgrace

I think telling people to stop obsessing over their looks is fair enough, obsessions based on aesthetics rarely lead to good things (just look at Simon Cowell these days FS). But trimming your pubes I wouldn't say falls into obsession, I don't see it as any different to trimming beard, chest or back hair - it's just personal preference.

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Human beings would be a lot happier if they stopped obsessing over how they looked to other people.
Many women would especially benefit from this (looking at the depressingly ludicrous volume of makeup, fake tan and hair dye out there) but given that some blokes develop worry lines over how their pubes look (sjc) I'd say plenty of men could benefit from this too.

Bushy pubed shitey lavvied disgrace

FTFY 

17 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Standards? WTF are you wittering on about? :D

I think the word you are looking for is "Perspective".

Ok. Your perspective is to have much lower personal body hair trimming standards than me. As I said before, each to their own.

All the best with that, Chewbacca.

Edited by sjc

8 minutes ago, sjc said:

Ok. Your perspective is to have much lower personal body hair trimming standards than me. As I said before, each to their own.

All the best with that, Chewbacca.

Why lower standards exactly?

Just because you're following the current trend doesn't make your standard higher. Just different. Fuckin typical attitude these days. 

Of course that may be how you have to justify it to yourself. 

"Oohhh look at ME. With my higher standards" 

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Why lower standards exactly?

Just because you're following the current trend doesn't make your standard higher. Just different. Fuckin typical attitude these days. 

Of course that may be how you have to justify it to yourself. 

"Oohhh look at ME. With my higher standards" 

:lol:

Correct. Thanks for reiterating this fact.....

On 04/09/2019 at 17:48, microdave said:
On 04/09/2019 at 11:04, bernardblack said:
Is it true that hangovers are worse as you age?

Turned 30 recently and had the most monumental one, after a few years of not bad ones.

As I've got older (I'm 44), the hangover has been lessened. I don't think I get any less drunk than I used to. Twenty years ago, a Saturday session like I do now would have floored me for days. If I do get a hangover now, it's mostly tiredness rather than headaches and my stomach on the fast spin with the occasional spew.

Do you find you drink differently than you used to though? On a night out when I was in my early 20s we'd neck a few shots of whisky as it was cheap and would do the trick early, a couple of pints, maybe some daft alcopops and a few shots in there too. Where as now it's largely just pints and the odd gin or something for me. Even after a heavy night a hangover now is more of a slight inconvenience in the morning than multicoloured spew and unable to eat for the day.