Ageing

I have lots of aches and pains , high blood pressure etc.  I am also going to finally pluck up the courage to go see about possible prostrate problems .. as i do need to get up a lot more at night. And i need to lose  weight.  

Going back to shaving, I routinely take my electric to the nether regions. One time I was careless and nicked my sack, almost instantly felt like throwing up, got light headed and nearly fainted within seconds.

Razor blade and cold water. Trust me on this.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:44, heedthebaa said:

Or walking into a room and you’ve no idea what for 

I do that, particularly the kitchen. Usually pick something up/switch on the kettle/let the dog out into the backyard just to be on the safe side.

I usually remember what I went in for after I go back into the living room.

However, I've yet to go into the bathroom and not remember what I went in for...

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Prostate problems you should go immediately. Fucking just go.

Exactly why the clean shave is required.

32 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

Razor blade and cold water. Trust me on this.

Cold water? I just do it in the shower and takes about 2 mins with zero damage to the package.

9 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

This.  Every gent of a certain age worries about it but, in most case. you're just an old tosser with nothing to worry about.  Get to the doctor.

Sadly, I'll be older than probably everyone else posting.  30 ain't old; it ain't even getting old.  However, it's a good age to take stock.  I did that at 50 once mid life crisis kicked in.

Better diet (I learnt to cook - no ready meals); restrict yourself to one fish supper or whatever a week; make an effort to exercise (I started running a couple of times a week and took the decision not to have a car, so walk 90 minutes each work day) and I only have a bevvy at the weekend (well, watching QP just now means getting plastered is mandatory).  If you don't have a love interest, sort that out; even someone to go to the pics with once a week is better than 7 nights in front of the TV on your own.  Have regular self-abuse (which is actually medical advice).  Duly smear crap onto the bits of cardboard that the doc sends you each couple of years to test for whatever.  Hardly pleasant, but a better alternative to leaving it too late.

Everyone says that I don't look my age; sadly I looked like shite when I was 30, so that's not saying much.  Hair is going quickly and what's left is grey, and the waistband is increasing, but under control.  No double chin yet.  Luckily that old football injury isn't translating into dead-cert arthritis yet. 

I'm just taking the creeping signs of ageing in my stride.  I take cod liver oil, a high vitamin D dose and a general vitamin pill each day.  Unfortunately, I have a dreadful sleep pattern; something to work at.  I creak a bit so I find it worthwhile to visit a chiropractor once every 6 weeks or so; try that or some other bone manipulator.  I find it worth the cost.

I have guys I was at school who look like death warmed up, and a good number of them who are actually dead.  I see youngsters at work who are the size of barrage balloons (particularly the young girls) and feel so sorry for them that they are content to be like this.

Unfortunately you might have a body that is simply going to age badly, but you can make an effort to make things a bit better.  The earlier you do, the better.

Edited by Hampden Diehard
Spelling!

Given the last couple of pages.... I could (one day I might) tell people who wont go to the doctor a true fucking horror story about a very very nasty and sudden death of a loved one, which 100% was avoidable all the way up until the moment it happened, had said person visited the doctor and described a few symptoms.

For now let me say this..... Put your fucking pride aside and go to the doctor, because the pain you will inflict on those you love should the worst happen will haunt them forevermore.

(Hows that for depressing stuff Mozza)

10 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

My uncle was recently diagnosed with Prostate cancer, he is 71. The doctors have told him that there is no point in giving him Chemo or Radiation treatment. They say that he will die of old age long before the Prostate cancer kills him.

19 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Sadly, I'll be older than probably everyone else posting.  30 ain't old; it ain't even getting old.  However, it's a good age to take stock.  I did that at 50 once mid life crisis kicked in.

Lots of sensible views in your post.  What age are you, though?

I'm only 26, but I feel older. I've 2 kids, age 7 and 4, so feeling exhausted isn't unusual. I'm very keen on the afternoon nap. I'm in an ok place fitness wise, but probably carrying a stone and a half too much. I referee football and tend to find it now takes a couple of days after a game to get over the aches in my hips and knees, although I've had issues with my knees since my early teenage years. Hair wise, my hairline is certainly making a move backwards, but it's still full on top and no signs of grey yet.

On grooming, get the pubic hair trimmed, leave the rest as is.

15 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I'm only 26, but I feel older. I've 2 kids, age 7 and 4, so feeling exhausted isn't unusual. I'm very keen on the afternoon nap. I'm in an ok place fitness wise, but probably carrying a stone and a half too much. I referee football and tend to find it now takes a couple of days after a game to get over the aches in my hips and knees, although I've had issues with my knees since my early teenage years. Hair wise, my hairline is certainly making a move backwards, but it's still full on top and no signs of grey yet.

On grooming, get the pubic hair trimmed, leave the rest as is.

I have to say you sound pretty fucked for 26. 

Come back in 20 years.

51 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Got a splinter in my finger. Even with glasses I can't see enough to howk it out with a needle. Will need to get a manifying glass.

You've hurt your finger? Puir wee man! 
Your pinkie? Deary me! 
Noo, juist you haud it that wey till 
I get my magnifying glass and see!

Doesn’t span..

I got a haircut at 27 and noticed that my hair was sitting up a bit fluffier than usual. 29 caught a glimpse of my head in the mirror under the light and realised how thin I was getting. 32 in a couple of months and I'm halfway to being a baldy b*****d now. My mum and my girlfriend saw it coming years before apparently without mentioning it.

I'm extremely good looking otherwise though so it's not a great concern. 

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Yer mum tell you that?

She's the only one who does because I'm as ugly as sin. Levein I do have a decent record collection and most of my own teeth though so its good to focus on the positives.