Ageing

On 3/20/2018 at 12:50, DA Baracus said:

After cutting my hair and trimming my beard on Sunday night, I decided to shave off all of my body hair to see what it was like (just using the electric razor mind, not an actual shaving razor).

It actually feels quite nice, especially on the legs and torso. Annoyingly though I've got a few patches on my back that I couldn't reach.

Still, well worth a try I'd say.

Get one of the other monkeys in the troupe to do your back.

34, use Just for Men as my sides are white but no danger of going bald - if anything my hair is annoyingly thick.

Bit more conscious of things like blood pressure and cholesterol nowadays, could be doing with losing a couple of pounds but I exercise regularly. Find that intermittent fasting (eating between 12pm and 8pm) helps, as well as keeping an eye on the Scottish Slimmers app.

Try to beast it during the week to give myself more leeway for the finer things in life at the weekend.

9 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Try to beast it during the week to give myself more leeway for the finer things in life at the weekend.

I’m using this tactic just now. I find losing weight a doddle, I find gaining weight a doddle, but staying at the same weight is  a nightmare 

My eyes are fucked.  Although ive been a speccy c**t for a few years, going from reading something to looking up at the telly is a nightmare and takes upwards of 3 seconds for things to come into focus.

Probably need new gregs to be honest. 

Used to always quite like my passport photo. Looked like a young Colombian drugs baron and secretly enjoyed always being pulled out of passport queues to be frisked, x-rayed, felt up etc. Got new pics done today and look more like The Kurgan from Highlander. Au revoir to the boyish good looks, hello old age and anonymity.

You know da roolz.......Pics or GTF.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

My eyes are fucked.  Although ive been a speccy c**t for a few years, going from reading something to looking up at the telly is a nightmare and takes upwards of 3 seconds for things to come into focus.

I got my  first pair of specs the other day. The tell tale sign was when we switched to BT, had standard definition for the sports, was watching a game and found it really blurry. Put it down to a shite picture, so rung up and upgraded for HD, slightly better but still not great. Watched the Arsenal game last night with my specs on, was like I was at the fucking match. Cannot believe the difference they made. 

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Welcome to varifocal world.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Sounds like the worst theme park ever.

Got my first pair this week. I was promised an acid like experience of looming, out of focus images, followed by razor sharp, technicolour landscapes. Their just specs though, very disappointed after the money they cost.

Going to be 40 in July. I’m lucky in that I don’t look my age but the other side of that is that it’s very depressing when people find out and there’s a look of shock on their face at my actual, old as f**k age.

Got my first pair this week. I was promised an acid like experience of looming, out of focus images, followed by razor sharp, technicolour landscapes. Their just specs though, very disappointed after the money they cost.

That's the old bifocals with the path through the middle of the lens

5 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Going to be 40 in July. I’m lucky in that I don’t look my age but the other side of that is that it’s very depressing when people find out and there’s a look of shock on their face at my actual, old as f**k age.

Lucky you, awe c**t puts at least 6 years on me 

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I don’t actually need specs to read. I’m just too lazy to take them off.

I'll be 52 this year, still have my hair and due to it being blonde when young not much grey around.

I'm in decent shape, walk a lot and go to the gym 4 times a week. I try to eat healthy, don't add salt to anything and stopped drinking alcohol last year. I feel that I am a lot happier, less grumpy individual than I used to be and I don't tend to lose my temper much now.

In general I'm probably in better shape than I was 20 years ago. On the downside my eyesight is definitely getting worse and I was walking through M&S on Falkirk High Street last week and saw a jacket I liked. If that isn't a sign of getting old I don't know what is.

Met a woman last week who told me we were at primary school together, though she then moved schools when she was 10.

She then genuinely come away with that most stupid of phrases “you’ve not changed”.  So either I still look 10 or when I was 10 I looked like I was 63.

I know it’s not the former and hope it’s not the latter.