Dundee United v Falkirk

I will be interested to see how well Robson plays and how well he applies himself.  I’m concerned that he will be pissed off at having been dropped and will not be interested.

ETA with that personnel I hope were going 4-4-2 as opposed to playing McDonald as a 10.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have had Blair instead of Welsh. Would have had Grant instead of Watson.

Neither one of those are big deals though. Not really sure why this particular line up has people writing us off. We have Taiwo in midfield to provide the grit.

Failure to compete in midfield has cost us recently so thats been addressed. Nelson is out and we have stuck with 2 up front. Disproportionate moaning about the line up here. I am fairly happy with it.

Get Taiwo doing the dirty work to allow Welsh some space to try and dictate the pace of the game, let Sibbald move further forward and concentrate on attack. Basically this setup should allow Welsh to have a clear role in the team on which he can be judged, and prevent Sibbald being dragged away from areas he can be effective.

FWIW I think I would have preferred Blair to Welsh, but can see what he is going for I think.

Stop bloody changing goalkeeper.

Can’t believe anyone is campaigning to keep Hazard in goal after costing us two points on Tuesday.
He’s looked a liability for weeks.
Thomson ain’t perfect either but is at least worth a last chance.

Hartley had months to get a decent keeper in and faiiled miserably. Thomson should never have been near the side again. Hartley being here next season getting worse by the week. Id get him punted now and bring hopkin in.Dont worry though we can unleash harris to turn things around.

Hartley had months to get a decent keeper in and faiiled miserably. Thomson should never have been near the side again. Hartley being here next season getting worse by the week. Id get him punted now and bring hopkin in.Dont worry though we can unleash harris to turn things around.

Given we only had two choices would you have persisted with a keeper who won’t leave his line, has terrible distribution and rarely catches the ball cleanly?
Seems to me we have no options for the reasons you say.
Ludicrous to suggest we ought to change manager at this point though.

Given we only had two choices would you have persisted with a keeper who won’t leave his line, has terrible distribution and rarely catches the ball cleanly?
This boy reminds me of Shadwell Dog

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Surprisingly enough I wouldve brought in a decent keeper in january instead of hazard.  No point in driving here there and everywhere and still signing duds. Hartleys inability to bring in a good keeper has resulted un him having to bring back thomson who we know is not good enough. Manager cant blame anyone other than himself for that feck up. Dunfermline keeper got crocked they brought in robinson whose been excellent. We on the other hand bring a complete haddy.

Surprisingly enough I wouldve brought in a decent keeper in january instead of hazard.  No point in driving here there and everywhere and still signing duds. Hartleys inability to bring in a good keeper has resulted un him having to bring back thomson who we know is not good enough. Manager cant blame anyone other than himself for that feck up.
He had one go at it, and very little budget presumably, given that he had to clear out and replace various dreadful midfielders and forwards, who have been good enough (so far) to drag us out of the trouble we were in.

So he took a Celtic loanee who is on the fringes of the NI squad.

Pipe doon sir!

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He had one go at it, and very little budget presumably, given that he had to clear out and replace various dreadful midfielders and forwards, who have been good enough (so far) to drag us out of the trouble we were in.

So he took a Celtic loanee who is on the fringes of the NI squad.

Pipe doon sir!

Yeah and im sure robinson cost the pars a fortune. Recruitment is vitally important if we're to get promoted next season. We cant afford to sign duds.

Peter Grant on. I fear the worst.

Yeah and im sure robinson cost the pars a fortune. Recruitment is vitally important if we're to get promoted next season. We cant afford to sign duds.

Yep, but I think the objective at Xmas was not promotion.
I think we have to see what the supposed revolution over the summer brings.

Archived