World Cup Gambling Thread

Enigma

On 29/05/2018 at 21:38, Latino Lover said:

Spain my biggest bet so far but gone fairly small compared to other years, don’t think there are any major stand out teams  and all have weaknesses. Based on that Portugal, Colombia and Uruguay look good dark horses. Senegal to knock out poland as a small shock. Hoping to find a free shirt offer and a generous friend happy to let me use their name.  Also first major tournament in a while where betfred double delight isn’t available on every game by the look of it as the bookies offers get stingier and more sparse.

Suspect the skyrocketing price of shirts means we've seen the last of that offer, hoping to be proved wrong though! 

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Australia Iran Panama and Saudi Arabia all under 1.5 group points 11/1

Uruguay Brazil and Belgium to win their group
Denmark 2nd in their group
Morocco 3rd in their group
Korea and Japan to finish last and Argentina and Croatia to finish top 2 in their group

5 on 1250ish back

Not placed anything yet but looking at these for the group stages. 

Egypt to qualify

Argentina Croatia dual forecast 

Panama Australia Japan all to finish bottom

14 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/savethepunter

Thought this might be of interest to some on here. Make a donation to a great cause and get a free World Cup preview written by some pro gamblers. Haven't started reading it yet, but I follow a few of the contributors on Twitter, so I've got high hopes.

Do they send it automatically or do you have to do something after donating? Said it would take 24 hours to confirm my donation. Paid with paypal so they have my address and email.

Betfair are (or at least were) offering 50-1 for Giroud top-scorer. Now I don't know much about football (cue jokes about being a Stranraer fan) but surely that's worth a few quid for a punt? Which it is for me. £3.50 to be precise. 

Betfair also offering 2-1 on at least one yellow / red card to be awarded in every match. Surely that's a stick on? There's always cards at matches, no?

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 22:42, welshbairn said:

Do they send it automatically or do you have to do something after donating? Said it would take 24 hours to confirm my donation. Paid with paypal so they have my address and email.

When my Justgiving confirmation came through, I just forwarded that on and they replied the next day with the link.

6 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

When my Justgiving confirmation came through, I just forwarded that on and they replied the next day with the link.

Cheers, just as you said.

Racing post preview out tomorrow, just opened smarkets account for £10 free bet offer in every game of selected country, went with Germany. Offer not as good as sounds just means I get refunded for any losses up to £10 in Germany games.

Used the William Hill first tenners on Brazil to win and Cavani top scorer. Should return enough free bets that I don't have to add anything to the account over and above what I will start the tournament with.

Might get a better price from a different firm but a couple of betfairs #oddsonthat shouts i like the look of for a speculative punt at long odds. 

James, Messi, Eriksen and Coutinho all to score 1+ from outside box 25/1.

Panama, Saudi Arabia and Iran all to fail to score at the tournament. 125/1 (if i place this cue Akinfeev dropping one in in the opening game :lol: )

Australia 2nd is a bit of a mental shout, but the rest looks doable.
It's a bit of a statement, but 4 points isn't that wild - they'll be totally horrible and might well kick little Peru off the park.
Senegal could be anything but i see too many draws happening in that group to call it. Would've just left it out!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

46 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

It's a bit of a statement, but 4 points isn't that wild - they'll be totally horrible and might well kick little Peru off the park.
Senegal could be anything but i see too many draws happening in that group to call it. Would've just left it out!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Senegal drew 0-0 with Luxembourg last week so I'm not too hopeful. Nigeria haven't been too impressive either.  Didn't want to jinx the bet by leaving one or two out though. :1eye

Ladbrokes offering 50/1 on England reaching the knockout stages, probably worth a fiver!!!

Archived