World Cup Gambling Thread

Enigma

Mourinho's come out with his group winner and runner up predictions. Don't agree with them all but WTF.
image.thumb.png.28b0ba704c610efb6a09f95e7c5f9271.png

Finger hovering over the "Cash Out Now" button on that one on the last day!!!

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Finger hovering over the "Cash Out Now" button on that one on the last day!!!

Bungalow in central Inverness or GTF is my thinking!!! 

17 hours ago, L. Brilliant said:

It's a bit of a statement, but 4 points isn't that wild - they'll be totally horrible and might well kick little Peru off the park.
Senegal could be anything but i see too many draws happening in that group to call it. Would've just left it out!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

They were pretty woeful at the Confederations Cup last summer, struggled through qualifying and have got a new manager in who has only overseen a couple of friendlies. They may be capable of making it difficult for Peru and Denmark, but I don't see how they're beating either of them.

IMG_0981.jpg

Group stage bets and I’ve stuck a couple of quid on Suarez and Cavani top scorer each way at 25/1. Fancy one or both to rack up the goals in the groups and that’ll hopefully see them finish in the top 4.

A few speculative attempts:

Uruguay to win the whole thing 33/1 (when you consider England are 16's this is a ridiculous price)

Uruguay top goalscorers 20/1

Denmark to win group 5/1

Denmark to reach semi-finals12/1

Portugal not to progress from group 4/1

I’m going to stick £30 on either Brazil or Germany to win the entire thing. I’m slightly leaning towards Germany today as they have such a solid squad and the core of their team are so used to one another I think that gives them the edge. That said I would prefer to see Brazil win it as I prefer their style of play. Don’t fancy France or Spain to win it at all, I think France will be a disappointment at it.

Gonna stick a £10 on Belgium at 11/1 and £5 on Uruguay at 33/1 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie and Bovril

That 9/4 for Russia to go out in the groups is tempting for me. Uruguay should walk it and the Saudis look poor so it should all come down to the Russia/Egypt game where I think Salah will destroy their ancient back 3.

I’m going to stick £30 on either Brazil or Germany to win the entire thing. I’m slightly leaning towards Germany today as they have such a solid squad and the core of their team are so used to one another I think that gives them the edge. That said I would prefer to see Brazil win it as I prefer their style of play. Don’t fancy France or Spain to win it at all, I think France will be a disappointment at it.

Gonna stick a £10 on Belgium at 11/1 and £5 on Uruguay at 33/1 as well.

agree with everything you say. ill be going with germany but only by a ball hair!

france are a shadow of the side they were 20 years ago and i can see them scrapping out their group them bombing out in the last 16. shame because they have some talent. just look at that 11 that was put together of players not going.

spain certainly dont have the aura they once possessed but i wouldnt count them completely out. Uruguay will get a £10 stake from me at those odds

I decided to go with Brazil as my main team, I just want to support the team which I think will be the most exciting to watch but I can’t really see much between them and Germany.

If Nadal wins today I’m 3 sets I win a bit more and I’m going to put a bet on Belgium as well, they will likely disappoint though!

I decided to go with Brazil as my main team, I just want to support the team which I think will be the most exciting to watch but I can’t really see much between them and Germany.

If Nadal wins today I’m 3 sets I win a bit more and I’m going to put a bet on Belgium as well, they will likely disappoint though!

i just cant see belguim going very far. for all he abundance of talent they have they just never seem to all click. i couldnt say never though. they have de bryne and hazard!!

McBookie doing enhanced odds on some of the favourites for Winners and Top Scorers.

Max bet £20 and win only.

Brazil and Germany 11/2

Spain and France 7/1 

Argentina 10/1 Belgium 12/1

Messi 11/1

Neymar 12/1

Griezmann 14/1 

Kane, Lukaku and Werner 20/1

On 04/06/2018 at 13:19, C. Muir said:

Not placed anything yet but looking at these for the group stages. 

Egypt to qualify

Argentina Croatia dual forecast 

Panama Australia Japan all to finish bottom

Just the one change to this in the end. Still think I'll back Egypt to qualify but the Uruguay/Saudi is slightly "safer" IMO.

Screenshot_20180611-162725.thumb.png.a035aa29e4f8f97ddbbf857acc001ecb.png

William Hill offers 

£10 outright on Brazil. 

£5 e/w on Lukaku

Should get a good few free bets anyway. 

Also £10 on Lukaku top Belgium scorer at 15/8 as my first bet on account to trigger the £30 in free bets. 

Few additional speculative efforts on last night, after a couple of coupons came in and left me with some extra change on the account.

5er on each of them:

Cavani, Ronaldo, Griezmann, Messi, Neymar, Werner, Lukaku and Lewandowski all to score 2 or more: 9/1

Over 29.5 group games to each have over 2.5 goals: 8/1

Brazil to score over 10.5 goals, get more than 35.5 corners and receive over 8.5 cards: 13/2

Over 180 goals and 180 cards in the tournament: 9/2

Confident that at least 1 of the 4 will come in, which would cover the 4 of them. Other than that I'll now stick to match betting and in play.

Rest of my bets on and there's a few! Still got a free £10 bet which will probably get shoved on something too. 

Small stakes (all e/w) on Cavani, Suarez, Muller, Giroud top scorer. 

Uruguay e/w outright boosted from 25s to 33s on WH. 

Egypt qualify, Iran bottom, Denmark qualify, Brazil win group, Germany win group, Belgium/England 1st/2nd. About 26/1. 

Germany & Brazil 9 points, Iran & Panama 0 points. 80/1.

Coutinho, James, Eriksen & Messi all to score outside box. 25/1.

Kimmich, Alba, Marcelo & Meunier to score 1+ goal. 25/1 (thought that was poor but would still be annoyed if it won and not backed it).

Giroud top Chelsea scorer, Mane top Liverpool scorer, Isco top Real Madrid scorer & Jesus top Man City scorer. 80/1.

Hummels, Ramos & Godin all to score a header in tournament. 80/1.

May as well use this thread to keep track of what I have bet on as I keep forgetting.

Sweeps

Sweden (Pie and Bovril, paid £5, winner gets £150, runner-up £50).

Costa Rica (work, £2, winner £40, ru £24).

Team bets

Argentina (Skybet, £10 at 9-1. Money back as free bet if doesn't win).

Germany (William Hill, £10 at 4.86-1, boosted. £5 free bet every time they win).

Accumulators 

Brazil, Germany and Uruguay to reach QFs (Skybet, £10 at 4-1).

Brazil, Germany and Uruguay to reach SFs (Skybet, £10 at 20-1).

Saudi Arabia to finish bottom of A/Spain and Portugal to qualify from B/Australia to finish bottom of C/Argentina to win D/Brazil to win E and Costa Rica to finish bottom of E/Germany to win F/Tunisia to finish third G/Colombia to qualify from H (Skybet, £10 at 58.77-1).

RUSSIA-1 vs Saudi Arabia/URUGUAY vs Egypt/MOROCCO vs Iran/SPAIN-1 vs Portugal/FRANCE-1 vs Australia/ARGENTINA-1 vs Iceland/OVER1.5 GOALS Peru vs Denmark/NIGERIA+1 vs Croatia (Skybet, £10 at 238.36-1).

Top goalscorer

Griezmann (Skybet, £20 inc £5 free bet at 12-1).

Griezmann (William Hill, £10 at 13.09-1 boosted. £5 free bet every time he scores).

Miscellaneous

Have also done two or three free prediction competitions to win big prizes. Can't remember who with, though, so will hopefully get an email if I win.

Have another fiver free bet with Skybet, might bung it on the Russia game for interest.

Archived