The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think it’s pretty poor that season tickets aren’t on sale yet. Some great work from the club with local school and the day st the shop recently, however getting season tickets on sale would have capitalised on any potential panda pals interest from the schools plus the general buzz from the title win.

McCall said in his interview that a big signing could boost season ticket sales, offering a star player extra money to stay could prompt fans to want to invest in a season ticket. 

I'd imagine the players would have  a deadline for answers, maybe a Friday or Monday and would resign shortly after. Hopefully this week they will announce  some who are staying and maybe some that are moving on. Devlin was pretty quick to knock back any notion of staying last year, I'd have thought that if Moore or Shankland was desperate to leave or had a great offer that they would be off by now. 

Ideal scenario would be both sign in the next week and season tickets go on sale with an early bird discount, on or before the standard 25th of the month payday. 

24 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Led to believe that talks should take place with some players at Somerset tomorrow, with signing news ready for end of week , beginning of next 

Are we talking about existing players here? If so why only now is McCall speaking with players? I know they were all away to Maga but they’ve been back over a week. Seems a bit lacklustre to me. 

Are we talking about existing players here? If so why only now is McCall speaking with players? I know they were all away to Maga but they’ve been back over a week. Seems a bit lacklustre to me. 

Doubt this’ll be the first time McCall will have spoken to the players about contracts.

Players were on a break and McCall is back at Somerset tomorrow , some players were considering  offers is what I have been told and answers are expected this week , led to believe players wanted by club have been spoken to 

McCall will certainly have spoken to the guys he wants to stay frequently i would have thought and possibly even been offered contracts. Also McCall said he'd be speaking to Lawrence and his Dad so would have thought the two of them would be able to see staying here as the best option for game time etc, especially after his somewhat disastrous ending at Aberdeen.

19 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

Decent start

Thought that McGuffie might have been tempted away.

Aye, Good start. Not re-signings that will get the fans excited but dece that were keeping hold of two of our young talents, there was interest from down south for McGuffie. I feel this is a massive season for Alan Forrest and will go a long way to deciding whether he's going to move up the football ladder or whether Ayr United is going to be his glass ceiling.

Hopefully the AP has some more juicy transfer news.