The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Did I say anything about conspiracies ?
What I am saying is that it's disrespectful to the fans, confirms a lack of communication or possibly our medical team aren't up to scratch ??
Who knows and that's the whole point.
It also provides a perfect environment for rumours, so far I've heard that Forrest has a lower back problem but has started back light training and could be available soon, but then I've also heard that he has a pretty serious groin problem which may involve an operation and a considerable time on the sidelines.
So what is it ??

It’s not disrespectful

Complications with injuries arose in the past due to the lack of physios working for us. Now that Stevie Maguire is back full time our injuries have been pretty small until now. This time last year McCall was scrambling around trying to bring in players because we couldn’t even fill a bench. That’s nowhere near the case this year. Adams has always had injury problems. So it’s no surprise that he may relapse and it will take longer for him to come back. Kerr is 36 now so naturally it will take time and we’ll have to be careful not to rush him back. I’m not sure about Forrest but unless I’m wrong McCall said from the start he’d be out long term and I think he only went for a scan either today or yesterday.

I’m not in the least bit bothered about getting regular updates about the status of these injuries. I’ll happily trust the experts to do their job and get them back on the pitch.

In the meantime though it would be great if McCall could sign a winger or someone capable of playing wide to allow Crawford to play in the middle of the park.

Actually think the injury situation had been an improvement this season over previous. At least the best kept secret in the league should get a prolonged run in his favourite position, could really do with him starting to show it. Not that I think he's been poor so far but there was an early home game where he absolutely ran the show and I haven't seen that repeated too many times.

Imo Crawford hasn’t been at his best since Dundee away in the cup. The closest he’s got since then was the 5-0 demolition at Tannadice.

Really disappointing this season but he’ll come good once he gets a run in his natural position.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s not disrespectful

Complications with injuries arose in the past due to the lack of physios working for us. Now that Stevie Maguire is back full time our injuries have been pretty small until now. This time last year McCall was scrambling around trying to bring in players because we couldn’t even fill a bench. That’s nowhere near the case this year. Adams has always had injury problems. So it’s no surprise that he may relapse and it will take longer for him to come back. Kerr is 36 now so naturally it will take time and we’ll have to be careful not to rush him back. I’m not sure about Forrest but unless I’m wrong McCall said from the start he’d be out long term and I think he only went for a scan either today or yesterday.

I’m not in the least bit bothered about getting regular updates about the status of these injuries. I’ll happily trust the experts to do their job and get them back on the pitch.

In the meantime though it would be great if McCall could sign a winger or someone capable of playing wide to allow Crawford to play in the middle of the park.

Maybe he has, but similar to the injury situation we'll only find out at ten to three on Saturday...............

Maybe he has, but similar to the injury situation we'll only find out at ten to three on Saturday...............

Wouldn’t you prefer it if he actually got on with the job he’s paid to do rather than give updates every 5 minutes on how the players are doing?

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wouldn’t you prefer it if he actually got on with the job he’s paid to do rather than give updates every 5 minutes on how the players are doing?

I'm not saying it's up to McCall but surely someone from the club could give us an update.

As for "every 5 mins", I can't recall any updates on our injury situation which I'd say was pretty important considering Kerr & Forrest are first team regular starters and Adams a definite first choice squad member.

With a squad as small as ours, I don't think we can afford to be losing players of that stature and quality for any length of time without it seriously affecting our title challenge.

So as a supporter, I'd both hope and expect to be updated with the situation, obviously just me though................

I'm not saying it's up to McCall but surely someone from the club could give us an update.
As for "every 5 mins", I can't recall any updates on our injury situation which I'd say was pretty important considering Kerr & Forrest are first team regular starters and Adams a definite first choice squad member.
With a squad as small as ours, I don't think we can afford to be losing players of that stature and quality for any length of time without it seriously affecting our title challenge.
So as a supporter, I'd both hope and expect to be updated with the situation, obviously just me though................

I can’t recall any other club in Scotland dishing out regular updates on injured players unless it’s in the papers or through the manager in a post or pre match interview. Ayr are exactly the same.

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s no denying we’ve had this odd issue for a good 3 seasons or so now, with injured players being a week away from a return but ultimately being out for months.  I’m sure  the club aren’t doing it deliberately, unless you are trying to fake out an opposition manager for a specific game.  It’s never a bad thing to set a realistic expectation with the fans, even if it’s bad news.

Unfortunately this means Crawford is less likely to play in the middle.  Docherty can’t play anywhere else and I don’t think McGuffie has progressed enough to be a regular starter.  Geggan back gives us more options, but not so much in the wide areas.  Bottom line is that we need to strengthen, which may or may not be possible.

It's not regular though, it's nothing.
How long have the 3 of them been out now ?
What official updates have we had ?

Ok I’ll rephrase it.

I can’t recall any other club in Scotland dishing out updates on injured players unless it’s in the papers or through the manager in a post or pre match interview. Ayr are exactly the same.

1 minute ago, Mgc1910 said:

There’s no denying we’ve had this odd issue for a good 3 seasons or so now, with injured players being a week away from a return but ultimately being out for months.  I’m sure  the club aren’t doing it deliberately, unless you are trying to fake out an opposition manager for a specific game.  It’s never a bad thing to set a realistic expectation with the fans, even if it’s bad news.

Unfortunately this means Crawford is less likely to play in the middle.  Docherty can’t play anywhere else and I don’t think McGuffie has progressed enough to be a regular starter.  Geggan back gives us more options, but not so much in the wide areas.  Bottom line is that we need to strengthen, which may or may not be possible.

Agreed. That's all I was saying.

Moff in midfield is a possibility, been shifted there a couple of times and it'd allow McCall to play Moore and Shanks, which we all know he's fond off. Plus, isn't Murdoch suspended for next week too?

Oh please no

And yeah Murdoch is suspended for the ICT game

2 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

A lot of these injuries also seem to happen away from the games.  Suppose if someone hobbles off on a Saturday there is less need for clarity. 

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hardly being crippled with injuries anyway, at least we've got options to fill in for them.

We really don’t.  We’ve been pretty workmanlike in the wide areas all season, forcing us to play through the middle of teams too much.  It’s no coincidence we’ve struggled to do that as well since Kerr, and to an extent Forrest, dropped out the team.  

Think people are getting a bit too defensive over what Wattoo is saying. There’s been several injuries the past few seasons where we keep getting told every week that certain players are close to returning in the next week or two, only for it to carry on for months at a time. Can understand if McCall doesn’t want to give much away, but it’s just a bit frustrating as fans. Pointing that out isn’t taking away from how much we’ve exceeded expectations this season so far.

If Kerr and Forrest are our for any length of time and we want to keep up the pace in the same way as we did in the first half of the season, then we really could do with both a midfielder who can control the game and a winger. Murdoch is quality and I’m a fan of Robbie but it’s quite clear we still miss Kerr pulling the strings, and while McGuffie has the potential and can be excellent in flashes I haven’t seen enough to suggest he’s ready to be consistent enough at this level yet.

Edited by eez-eh