The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

33 minutes ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

Chris Erskine could be a good shout

Personally, I thought he was done when I watched him, that was a wee while ago so he might just have been off form.

Massive questions have to be asked as to why we keep getting injuries at crucial times of the season. I dont mind getting the odd one obviously but not every week another player gets added to the list. We dont know what's wrong with him (if theres anything wrong with him) the same with other players when they're injured.

Massive questions have to be asked as to why we keep getting injuries at crucial times of the season. I dont mind getting the odd one obviously but not every week another player gets added to the list. We dont know what's wrong with him (if theres anything wrong with him) the same with other players when they're injured.

Shanklands injury is to do with his achilles

22 minutes ago, ftk said:

Rumours on Twitter Hibs offered 300k plus 25% sell on fee for Shankland. If true they can gtf.

I've enquired on the Hibs thread to see if anyone has heard anything.

Hopefully just nonsense.

8 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Will be the first time in a long time that Moore will have the benefit of playing in front of Moffat.  Big opportunity to prove himself.

After a very quick look through our results since start of last season I think Moore has about a goal a game record when starting in a front 2 with Moffat and no Shankland.  

Edited by Hursty

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

After a very quick look through our results since start of last season I think Moore has about a goal a game record when starting in a front 2 with Moffat and no Shankland.  

If we provide Moore with chances then he'll score goals, the problem is that he's not as good as Shankland at holding the ball up or creating his own chances but he works hard for the team, has a great attitude and knows where the net is, what more can you ask for ??

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Moore tries hard but he just isn't good enough. His touch is poor, he gives the ball away too much to even get a chance at goal. 

Wut.

He maybe hasn’t been great his past few sub appearances but he scored a goal every 90 minutes last season and has only started 4 games this season.

He’s no Shankland but you’re being incredibly harsh.

Moore pulled him self back from missing the pen against Alloa to scoring the goal that set us up to win the league, him and Shankland are completely different players and I trust them both, look at meltdown some are having on the SRE on Facebook because he has a minor knock what the hell they going to do if the club did accept an offer for Shankland

Moore pulled him self back from missing the pen against Alloa to scoring the goal that set us up to win the league, him and Shankland are completely different players and I trust them both, look at meltdown some are having on the SRE on Facebook because he has a minor knock what the hell they going to do if the club did accept an offer for Shankland

They would likely rant and rave about the club having zero ambition and then get raging if we didn’t spend the whole transfer fee on a new striker.

The main thing to take away from all this is most football fans are knicker wetters who assume the worst. Already loads of people saying that just because Shankland isn’t playing tomorrow must mean he’s offski.

Granted I’ve not been overly impressed with Moore this season but his goal to game ratio is brilliant and I’ve no issue with him and Moffat up front. It’s when he plays with Shankland problems arise. And I’ve absolutely no doubts he’ll be desperate to impress tomorrow by scoring a couple of goals.

Forrest out for the season by the sounds of it, Moore and Shankland cancel each other unfortunately but Moore and Moff is a different proposition, just look how they were ripping teams apart last season admittedly at a lower level before Moore got injured, it might be a minor knock that Shankland has but achilies can be a bad injury just ask Higgins, I'd rather he sat this out than play and it goes completely then we are left with no Shankland and no transfer either the worst result you could imagine

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Wut.

He maybe hasn’t been great his past few sub appearances but he scored a goal every 90 minutes last season and has only started 4 games this season.

He’s no Shankland but you’re being incredibly harsh.

Craig Moore has more yellow and red cards this season that goals