The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Hawlino said:

Who we going to sign , any concrete rumours or deals nearly done aboot bodies coming to the field of dreams ?

Ian is currently cross referencing every player over 30 to ensure they played for Partick Thistle before approaching them.  

Ian is currently cross referencing every player over 30 to ensure they played for Partick Thistle before approaching them.  

30??

Not too sure I’m keen on him signing so many inexperienced players.

The Raith Chairman has done fairly in depth interview on Raith TV,  well worth watching even from a neutral standpoint. He mentions the 11th June as essentially being the magic date for player registrations this year, having been stung previously they aren't announcing until they reach that as everything prior is essentially a PCA.

It could very well be the case that McCall has 4 or 5 players lined up and ready to announce, he's made no secret of his views on PCAs. 

McDaid away now Shankland to announce tomorrow his next club . Ayr are gubbed bottom 4 next season
We knew Shankland was leaving at the end of last season, McDaid is no big loss just look at the comments one here it's not because we are upset he's leaving it's because he's a luxury player who does not turn it on enough, we may be bottom 4 next season or we may just shock everyone again and have a right go at going up.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

He is probably still hurting after you begging him not to sign Shankland

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

He is probably still hurting after you begging him not to sign Shankland

Tbf he is leaving in the same nick he arrived in. 

Surprised McDaid got that kind of move. There's always the chance he could kick on a level, which surely must be on Crawford's mind when deciding. Last to decide yet again.

All McCall has to tell the fullbacks next season is to be a bit aggressive with McDaid and he'll be thrown off his game. Always thought he was partial to a sulk when he wasn't getting his own way.

6 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

I think it is a little harsh to say he hasn't progressed since his initial breakthrough, the key difference is the quality of players next time him has continually improved at the same rate he has. 
You just need to look at some of those midfield partners he's had to see this is easily the strongest squad we've had in his time here.  

To me he has progressed incrementally, on his day he is unplayable and very possibly our best midfielder. I agree that the majority of the time however, he's very much of a muchness and doesn't standout but I would still be gutted if he left as he's been loyal to the club and isn't too old to continue to improve as we need to remember he's only 24/ 25.  It's up to McCall to try unlock that player we all know is in there, which causes the frustration among the fan base. 

Did you see Crawford’s debut season? One of the best I’ve seen and thought he would go on to better things. Seem to remember Sheff Utd and other English teams were interested. The fact he’s still not totally proven at the same level all these years later is telling 

Jeezo.  In the space of 5 posts or something our training has went from being too easy and not very taxing to just pure running....this place needs some new signings to discuss!

Re the other stuff, my opinion on McDaid is probably similar to Crawford, like them both on their day and would definitely have kept both, but not gutted that they are leaving (assuming Robbie goes).   Thought it was interesting that someone on the Dundee thread had mentioned Crawford as a possible signing due to him being one of our best players in any game they had seen