The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Comments here that its not a good football move?? He can fire us back to the Premier League and set it on fire next season. All while being decked in the famous Tangerine.

Sounds good to me.

It’s not a good football move. He won’t improve as a player having to play in a league he’s already pissed all over.

It’s a good financial move though and if he’s earning the amount of money he’s rumoured to be earning then it’s a vast improvement on what his situation was 2 years ago.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Don t see him getting booed, quite the opposite, I'm sure he will get a rendition of "we love Shankland"

He won t celebrate either if he scores against us I bet you (not that he was ever one for over the top celebrations anyway).

That would be complete cringe. 

Don t see him getting booed, quite the opposite, I'm sure he will get a rendition of "we love Shankland"
He won t celebrate either if he scores against us I bet you (not that he was ever one for over the top celebrations anyway).
If Henry Templeton could get dogs abuse when he came back with Clydebank and QoS then Shankland may get somewhere in between that and what John Sludden got.

He's not our player any more it's like we are pineing for a burd that dumped us I wont boo him and certainly won't cheer him or sing songs about him can we all not just move on now and concentrate on the players we have.
For some Ayr fans I think it'll feel like they've been cheated on [emoji23]

45 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not a fan of players refusing to celebrate either.

Emanuel Adebayor celebration after scoring for Man City v Arsenal remains the greatest celebration of all time. 

Emanuel Adebayor celebration after scoring for Man City v Arsenal remains the greatest celebration of all time. 

If Kris Doolan doesn’t do similar, but in front of Caldwell, when we play Partick then I’ll be disappointed.

38 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

He's not our player any more it's like we are pineing for a burd that dumped us I wont boo him and certainly won't cheer him or sing songs about him can we all not just move on now and concentrate on the players we have.

100% THIS.

I've been watching Ayr for over 30 years and I've seen many "hero" type players come and go, Shankland was great while with us, however he ultimately only played for 18 months with the club so while he'll be remembered very fondly, someone who played with us for less than two years can never be given club legend status as far as I'm concerned.

I wish him all the best but do feel he could and should have aimed far higher than staying in this league (irrespective of who with or what financial package they were giving him).

Anyway, as Superhursty rightly says, it's time to move on and start supporting our current players rather than worrying about the ones who've chosen to move on...........

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
25 minutes ago, rb123! said:
For some Ayr fans I think it'll feel like they've been cheated on emoji23.png

But only when your missus has left you for an ugly f**k-wit.

And an absolute w****r aswell

6 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Not figured out how to use the quote function?

No idea what he has “ploughed” in but I do know he purchased some of the club’s assets.

None of the of the board members have done this so as far as I’m concerned he’s had his return on investment.

He put in £220,000 and for that he owns the car park and rents it back to us free of charge , in my opinion his £220,000 investment is worth much more to him now that houses can potentially built on it , don’t think he done it forAyr United’s benefit , he bought it to line his pockets at a future date 

Nah , nae interest in your quote function . So basically you’ve nae idea . Good luck to the guy .

Our clubs going nowhere , have hardly made a bean on an asset or anything player wise and we’ve already went on the negative about a Director showing an interest in the club .
No wonder were a laughing stock .
Numnut

Good to see it's not just Ayr fans who think Shankland is bonkers making the biggest sideways move ever.
To say it's a sideways move would suggest Ayr and Utd are on par with one another. It's a bit of a shitter for Ayr fans because it's the same division but lets not kid on he hasn't moved to a much bigger club with better wages and more potential.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
36 minutes ago, rb123! said:
Good to see it's not just Ayr fans who think Shankland is bonkers making the biggest sideways move ever.

To say it's a sideways move would suggest Ayr and Utd are on par with one another. It's a bit of a shitter for Ayr fans because it's the same division but lets not kid on he hasn't moved to a much bigger club with better wages and more potential.

Agree with the better wages and potential but just meant sideways for the fact it's still a team in the same league as us.