The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

30 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Really like the look of Reading and Chalmers........ Keeper made a few decent saves, one from a Roscoe f**k up that allowed Graham in. Seems good with the ball at his feet and I think he commands his box better than Doohan. 

Totally agree - on the strength of that performance alone, Reading looks a more than decent signing and, as pointed out by someone else on here, he likes a tackle (as all good full backs should). Chalmers looked very comfortable and when you add Murdoch and Miller or even Walsh, the midfield looks tasty. Just need to get something more than what that trialist offered up front - definitely harsh of me if he's only just arrived at the club (from wherever). He'll need to find his own players more often than he did today.....if only he'd taken that chance when he'd not long been on, things could have been different from him today. Onwards   

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did he play against us last week?

Miller maybe recommended him to Kerr.

Don't think he did as I'm sure Francis had already signed at that point so we wouldn't be looking at bringing another forward in by then. Good chance that Miller and Kerr had a chat about him though.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I think it's the guy we had on trial v Raith. He's got the same funny sticky oot hairstyle. We had two forwards on trial in that game and we signed the other one.

If this was the Raith game then  It doesn't look like him. 

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

He’s getting pelters from the SRE Facebook page already don’t think we was that bad in the small bit that I saw of him. Should have scored but put effort in 

He looked okay when our full strength side was on the pitch, couple of nice touches and decent run and cut inside for his chance. 

Struggled more when we made all our subs which was always going to happen. 

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I think it's the guy we had on trial v Raith. He's got the same funny sticky oot hairstyle. We had two forwards on trial in that game and we signed the other one.

The trialist we had alongside Francis was Niah Payne who are with the same agency.

Which isn’t the same guy in the picture above.

37 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He looked okay when our full strength side was on the pitch, couple of nice touches and decent run and cut inside for his chance. 

Struggled more when we made all our subs which was always going to happen. 

Agree with the above ,  the lad has some football in him for sure , he’s built like a brick shit house , he needs to own that and find the aggression required up here .  He would benefit from a Dobbie style old head to talk him through it a bit .  Maybe Moff would be able to help him ,but Moff doesn’t really bang them in anymore !  So either we need to find a decent no 10 or Walsh and co need to up it a bit .

Very early doors though , we have four games in the Betfred to polish it up a bit ... They need time , this is a major rebuild  , the club has done superbly well to put this team together . Just a tweek required and another 10% from everybody .

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Anyone hear the interview with Kerr after the game today? What was it he was meaning about Bell and Moore? 

that with them he has a squad of 16 but today he only had a squad of 14.  first team players.

Sounds like he's after another Drinan type forward anyway.

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Anyone hear the interview with Kerr after the game today? What was it he was meaning about Bell and Moore? 

Sounds like they are both out long term from what he was saying?    Houston expected to be back next week.  Although depending how long he has been injured for he might be a mile off match fitness 

Just now, Hursty said:

Sounds like they are both out long term from what he was saying?    Houston expected to be back next week.  Although depending how long he has been injured for he might be a mile off match fitness 

Did Bell not play v Falkirk last week? 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Aye. I took it as them either have left the club or out long term. Bell was playing on Saturday and I just presumed he wasn’t involved as he’s part time. 

@Robbo63 You able to clarify situation with Bell, Houston and Moore. 

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

Did we ever see the line ups from the St Mirren game to see if Bell played? Could just be that his job means he can't commit to an afternoon game midweek.

I thought Adams was the only part time player in the squad the last couple of seasons?

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Nope. Bell is also part time. 

It seems he is part time. Thats a bit strange I'm sure when he joined from Stranraer he was full time. As thats around the time we made the switch with the likes of Flemming leaving because he wouldn't go full time. At that point I'm sure Adams was the only one who was part time.

Tbf its no impediment at this level. Look at Graham and TOB.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’m sure Bell has a role with the PFA also, possibly a player rep. May be talking out my arse. 

Chris Higgins certainly does. I'm not sure about Bell though.

Edited by Trogdor