The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

We were looking for a forward and potentially a midfielder to get squad balanced  , which Kerr is well on the way to sorting , now a rumour kicking about , about losing a potentially only squad player and all of a sudden you say Kerr has a lot of work to do , my oh my you do some panicking 

We are looking for two strikers and a midfielder and if Bell goes we also potentially need a CB.

Im not panicking, just stating facts. 

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We are looking for two strikers and a midfielder and if Bell goes we also potentially need a CB.

Im not panicking, just stating facts. 

We don’t need a centre half , we would need 2 to be injured at same time , we currently have at least 4 players who can play that position being Baird, Muirhead, Roscoe and Chalmers , we have 7 players who can play midfield , just looking for potential cover , striker is our priority , 

I don’t think he’ll sign another CB if Bell goes. He’s got the 3 natural ones to pick from and I think Chalmers has played there at times. Think it’s more likely he’d let a young player just take that spot in the squad.

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

We don’t need a centre half , we would need 2 to be injured at same time , we currently have at least 4 players who can play that position being Baird, Muirhead, Roscoe and Chalmers , we have 7 players who can play midfield , just looking for potential cover , striker is our priority , 

Presuming were going with the 4-2-3-1 that we’ve been playing in preseason we have no one to cover McCowan, Zantta or Walsh if they are injured.

Kerr even said himself in the interview on Saturday that he wanted 3 players so don’t see why your having a go at me for saying it. 

Right now I’d say we need a striker and a player that can play in two positions across the attacking midfield areas. There’s every chance another striker will come in on top of that if Moore is out for any length of time. I don’t think we need to prioritise a centre back when we’ve got 3 options there and a couple young players that Kerr will want to give game time to.

Also, no chance Josh Mullin will sign for us. At this point I don’t even think we need a big signing in that position and he won’t be happy to not be a guaranteed starter. Would be an excellent signing but I don’t see it.

18 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

This reads to me like you’re assuming Bell is gone.

Happy Hour Reaction GIF

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:
6 minutes ago, ecocme said:
Be disappointed if Bell left but things go on. Wonder who the Captain will be this season?

Think it might be Chalmers.

Good shout, thought possibly Moff as club captain, not sure he’ll get enough game time though.

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Presuming were going with the 4-2-3-1 that we’ve been playing in preseason we have no one to cover McCowan, Zantta or Walsh if they are injured.

Kerr even said himself in the interview on Saturday that he wanted 3 players so don’t see why your having a go at me for saying it. 

Not having a go at number of players , you always post as if Kerr does not have things under control , 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:
3 hours ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:
Quick one here if not mentioned before.
Connor Malley has gone on loan to Carlisle
Ipswich have signed season long loan from Borrusia Moenchengladbach Keanan Bennets 20 year old forward.
That could be Drinan further down the pecking order we shall see. 

Hoped we could have got Connor Malley back on loan, really need another midfielder who can cover a variety of positions imo, Jamie Barjonas still hasn't gone out on loan....

He looked like he had the tools to be a top player, however flattered to deceive and never really did that much / enough as far as I was concerned, he also looked like he wasn't that interested or lacked a work ethic.

Apart from that we've got Chalmers, Walsh, McCowan, Zanatta, Moffat, Murdoch and Miller all vying for 4 or 5 places so don't really need another midfielder.

A couple of strikers has to be the priority or at least 1 striker and 1 guy who could cover forward / winger / attacking midfield.

17 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

This reads to me like you’re assuming Bell is gone.

Happy Hour Reaction GIF

He was around club at start of this  week , if anything has happened it’s happened real quick , he got squad number and has a signed contract to 2021 , 

2 hours ago, North British said:

100% This .

I can only imagine he’s been made an offer elsewhere that maybe involves coaching . It’s the next logical step for him . I wish all the best if it’s true .

This might give the youngster who came on against Thistle and went well (was it Baird or Miller ?) a better opertunity to get some minutes . Obviously Baird and Aero are first choice with Roscoe covering the left , option maybe there for cover on the right .

Heard Josh Mullin’s name mentioned on here yesterday . Now that would be a good signing .  Anybody heard anything on that possibility?...

A good Ladeside man and would be a great addition, but probably just out of our reach.