The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I tried that method against Hearts and still did shite. 

Bang goes that theory then.

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’ve been just outside the winning spots a few times, very annoying! 

Unlucky, at least you've been close. My emotions get the better of me? Will Michael Moffat score? Yes 😂

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Prize money  seems unusually large for something that doesn't cost anything to enter, never done it but I assume they are harvesting your data?

I dunno how they make money out of it. The app doesn't look like it has any abnormal permissions. However, its not like it spams you with ads so I've no idea how they make money. Unless they plan on charging a fee at some point and it's free for now to get us hooked?

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

One possible problem might be that tier 4 restrictions will still be in place, so presumably that means we won’t be able to stay in a hotel overnight (assuming we have the money for that).  Would leave us with a horrendous round trip on the day.  5 hours?

I think they are open for business purposes only, currently every hotel in Troon and Prestwick have American military staying in them. 

But it would either be two busses (I think) for social distancing and the chance of no shower after the game or probably a two night hotel stay, with no room sharing. 

That'll be the guts of the 500k we are getting away. 

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Slightly off topic, has anyone on here won anything on the Honest Men Picks?

I appreciate there is a big chunk of luck but I am utterly honking at it. I actually think I should predict the worst on the Picks each week and it could be a wee bonus if we lose. However, I'm too big an optimistic for that.

Think I’m in about 600th place 😞 really thought it would have been “easy” to win! Who’s actually giving out the money? The club or the app folk? 

9 hours ago, HMIP said:

One possible problem might be that tier 4 restrictions will still be in place, so presumably that means we won’t be able to stay in a hotel overnight (assuming we have the money for that).  Would leave us with a horrendous round trip on the day.  5 hours?

Driving time will be about 4 hours from Ayr..it's slightly further than a trip to play Ross County..I don't see travel as a problem but I do see this as a difficult tie.

2 hours ago, conley said:

Driving time will be about 4 hours from Ayr..it's slightly further than a trip to play Ross County..I don't see travel as a problem but I do see this as a difficult tie.

You ain’t getting to Elgin on a bus in 4 hours, particularly at this time of year if the snow has arrived.  Depends how we normally handle these horror away trips.  I probably assume we stay over in a hotel, but maybe that’s a hangover from the moneybags Barr days.  Must be a nightmare just now as not sure how you even arrange a pre match meal or get a shower after the match before 5 hours back down the road.

7 hours ago, HMIP said:

You ain’t getting to Elgin on a bus in 4 hours, particularly at this time of year if the snow has arrived.  Depends how we normally handle these horror away trips.  I probably assume we stay over in a hotel, but maybe that’s a hangover from the moneybags Barr days.  Must be a nightmare just now as not sure how you even arrange a pre match meal or get a shower after the match before 5 hours back down the road.

Old school, a flask of Hot Orange juice and a round of sandwiches on the way up on the bus.

Sorted.

26 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Old school, a flask of Hot Orange juice and a round of sandwiches on the way up on the bus.

Sorted.

Will need to be ! Hotels can’t do sit down meals due to lockdown ,On  St Mirrens trip to Ross  County on Saturday past they only had sandwiches on the bus as hotel had to cancel their booking for pre match meals 

7 hours ago, HMIP said:

Yeah Elgin is a difficult place to get to even more so by bus. The last bit of raad from the A9 is narrow and difficult to get speed up.  Would surely need a stop or two along they way adding on extra time. About the worst draw possible whilst trying to work around covid rules 

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Will need to be ! Hotels can’t do sit down meals due to lockdown ,On  St Mirrens trip to Ross  County on Saturday past they only had sandwiches on the bus as hotel had to cancel their booking for pre match meals 

It's not ideal preparation of course but we all just need to get on with it, from a league perspective I'd imagine it will hit the likes of QOS and Inverness the hardest due to their locations within the country.

5 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Yeah Elgin is a difficult place to get to even more so by bus. The last bit of raad from the A9 is narrow and difficult to get speed up.  Would surely need a stop or two along they way adding on extra time. About the worst draw possible whilst trying to work around covid rules 

I don’t think they would go up the A9 now. When I go to Fochabers (just outside Elgin) I go up the Aberdeen road now the city bypass is open  its a lot quicker 

Edited by ryanayr1987

Just now, Hursty said:

Kerr proved tonight that he really needs to be starting every game.   Which is a bit of a worry.  

On the one hand, yes. 
We kept the ball better in the middle of the park, especially second half and were much more solid defensively. 

However, we literally created nothing and that isn’t good enough - a large part of that is that we only had three attacking players on the pitch. May work better if our full backs were better going forward.