The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Tbh the article doesn't say anything about his job under pressure, a horrible part of me thinks he'll be given a last chance saloon away to Morton next week on the basis that in the first half today we should have actually scored a goal.

Then we'll inevitably lose, Kerr will be gone the new boss will have a nice first 3 games of Raith, Hearts and Dundee away

How underwhelming has Tom Walsh been by the way?  Good player, good reputation.  Gets the ball up against part time full backs, take him on at pace?  Nah, shitebag option to cut back inside and try and inswinging cross to a crowded box and Zanatta as a lone target.   EVERY TIME.    An absolute charlatan- here for a years wages close to home during lockdown.  Zanatta gets a lot of stick (a lot from me) but he at least tried to run the channels and got in some good positions and at least challenged for the 800 high balls he was supposed to win against their centre backs 

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

How underwhelming has Tom Walsh been by the way?  Good player, good reputation.  Gets the ball up against part time full backs, take him on at pace?  Nah, shitebag option to cut back inside and try and inswinging cross to a crowded box and Zanatta as a lone target.   EVERY TIME.    An absolute charlatan- here for a years wages close to home during lockdown.  Zanatta gets a lot of stick (a lot from me) but he at least tried to run the channels and got in some good positions and at least challenged for the 800 high balls he was supposed to win against their centre backs 

Everyone has been underwhelming, even Luke McCowan has been rotten last few games.

Kerr rang the changes today trying to get a reaction and he still didn't get one.

The players have chucked it.

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

McCowan once and Zanatta once each were about the only times I can remember anyone trying to run with the ball and attempt to beat an opponent. We don't play through the midfield as Chalmers sees himself as some sort of quarterback who just punts the ball up the park or in to a corner. This then nullifies the threat of Smith and Walsh and Zanatta, while actually trying hard today, was like big boy lost playing as a lone striker.

All this said, I think we need to make a point about how poor our pitch is as the ball was bobbling all over the place, even with short passes, I really don't know how we can play a fast passing game on that surface ??

The whole situation is just a shambles, from the goalkeeping situation, to the lack of strikers, state of the pitch, playing style, lack of confidence, etc, etc, etc..........

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve been astounded at the reaction tonight. After last week I’d say it was maybe a 60/40 split but now I’ve not seen anyone saying he should remain. 

I was defending him last week saying give him more time. Unfortunately time is running out, a result today would probably have bought him a few games but it gets to the stage where we need to make a change and you’d need to be blind to see to miss the signs at this stage 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’ve been astounded at the reaction tonight. After last week I’d say it was maybe a 60/40 split but now I’ve not seen anyone saying he should remain. 

A lot of people will have been same as myself - could see it wasn't good enough but still thought there would be some sort of reaction today - also maybe hoped Wright might be back?   Can't see how anyone can justify him staying now though.  I like Kerr and really wanted it to work but second half today was hard to watch.    

Next 4 games are Morton, Raith, Hearts, Dundee all away before a home game with Raith then Alloa away.  If we don't take anything from those away games (seems likely as it stands) then that Alloa game is going to be a loser comes bottom one.  The fact we have 0/6 v Arbroath and 1/6 v Morton suggests we are absolutely banking on a win v Alloa and no playoffs.  That's unacceptable.  If Kerr gets sacked after a 1 or 2-0 defeat to Morton next week then Smith has already failed in his job.  (Unless relegation has someone been cancelled)