The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

In the article on the daily record website it mentions that Hopkin tried to sign Adeloye for Morton so it’s obviously a player he knows about 

Mark Kerr was also going to sign him at Ayr ,he trained with Ayr last season 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Isn’t he about 6’2 himself? One thing for certain is that we’re going to have a pretty huge side next season. 

He is indeed 6ft 2 . Having him running off an even bigger guy sounds superb .  If we can complete the top end with a goal scoring centre midfielder we would be sorted . Stephen Kelly would be the dream ticket . Surely Rangers want him to get 40 games under his belt rather than coming off the bench at teams who are fighting relegation ? 

1 minute ago, North British said:

He is indeed 6ft 2 . Having him running off an even bigger guy sounds superb .  If we can complete the top end with a goal scoring centre midfielder we would be sorted . Stephen Kelly would be the dream ticket . Surely Rangers want him to get 40 games under his belt rather than coming off the bench at teams who are fighting relegation ? 

Would love Kelly, unfortunately don’t see it! 

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Definitely need someone of his quality as we are certainly lacking in that department 

So we are looking at two in the Toderov and Kelly mould ? A big lump from down south shouldn’t be that difficult to find . However finding a Kelly type is a bit more difficult . 

20 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

4513A029-9190-4437-9981-7473EDA6B3CC.jpeg

I am keeping all rumours close to my chest , don’t want to get people excited to then be let down due to some people who don’t keep to their word 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

I think we will have a big forward alongside him , when you hear his interview on BW Tv , he mentions that he likes to play off the centre forward and feels comfortable running the channels , can play wide either side and through the middle 

Is it up? I can’t find it or do you get privileges? 😂

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Well d'uh, he signed him  for Ayr so of course he's at least spiritually ex-Morton. (but I like the look of him! no complaints! I said this before!)

I assume I'm on WATTOO's blocklist alongside everyone else who has dared to explain this to him, but the reason that Ayr are fighting for scraps right now is not intrinsically because Ayr are a Crappy Wee Diddy Club(TM), but because the management team somehow failed to predict that other clubs might want to sign players too. And this is a vicious cycle because players who do get released late in the window are going to be looking around for clubs with ambition: if they look at Ayr's ins and outs thus far (not to mention where they ended up last season) then this is going to work against them. All the more reason to get out of the blocks immediately and make sure there's momentum for a rebuild. It's depressing thinking that not only did McCall know this but he also repeatedly did wee video interviews explaining it. The owner can't have been unaware of these; it's not like he's some Taiwanese steel magnate or something with no real knowledge of the club.

No, I don't block people who I disagree with on occasion, only those who seem to have an agenda, run in packs and play to the crowd as it were.

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Admitting you have a block list is tragic

In what respect ?

Do you not have anyone on "ignore" ?

If certain posters have confirmed to me over a period of time that they offer no value and just annoy me / put me in a bad mood, then surely for mental health purposes and to keep ones blood pressure under control it makes perfect sense to ignore their content, No ?

Personally I see it as completely normal rather than in any way "tragic".

19 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

In what respect ?

If certain posters have confirmed to me over a period of time that they offer no value and just annoy me / put me in a bad mood, then surely for mental health purposes and to keep ones blood pressure under control it makes perfect sense to ignore their content, No ?

I don't have anyone on ignore. 

I also wouldn't announce I had one, In some arrogant, You are not worthy of conversing with me kind of way. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don't have anyone on ignore. 

I also wouldn't announce I had one, In some arrogant, You are not worthy of conversing with me kind of way. 

If you had been following the thread, you would have seen that I was replying to a direct post which explicitly mentioned me having someone on ignore.

Anyway, I can't be bothered playing anymore, life's too short for all this petty nonsense.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Is it up? I can’t find it or do you get privileges? 😂

I was talking to the interviewer along with talking to the player himself , such an openly nice person to speak to , interview is now up , comes across good and signed because of Hopkin ( another one ) 

Edited by Finlay21

In what respect ?
No, but going out your way to tell everyone about your ignore list is the absolute mark of, comfortably, the worst poster on this site.

46 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Admitting you have a block list is tragic

Ironically it’s coming from the same poster who calls everyone snowflakes when they get pulled up for sexist comments on the general nonsense forum.

21 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Ironically it’s coming from the same poster who calls everyone snowflakes when they get pulled up for sexist comments on the general nonsense forum.

He is the definition of a gammon. Almost every viewpoint he expresses in Gen Nonsense is the opposite of what a decent human should do.