The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Each to their own but I couldn’t really less what someone’s political beliefs are. We have a SNP advertisement board at Somerset and I’ve not seen anyone moan about that. 

Exactly how I see it. The political pish can get in the sea along with Duffy & Hopkin. This is for Ayr United chat and the politics can get to the political forum.

Just now, Iain said:

Of course, the counter argument is that you don't need to make a personal connection to pass on a set of skills.

I'm not convinced any of the goalies that have worked under him full time have improved during his time at the club.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

I'm not convinced any of the goalies that have worked under him full time have improved during his time at the club.  

At least they've not gotten any worse. If only we could say the same about the managers impact on the players. 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

At least they've not gotten any worse. If only we could say the same about the managers impact on the players. 🤷‍♂️

I'd day Sinisalo got worse the longer the season went on and Albinson definitely looked worse during his recent spell in goal. 

I thought Duffy would have done a decent job for us. It quickly became apparent that he was using the same tactics as Hopkin and the games latterly were eye bleeding. Sadly you can only work with what you’ve got and even Mourino or Klopp would struggle with this lot of players. As my long gone granny used to say “you can’t polish a turd”. Good luck to the new guy, he’s going to need it with the amount of dross in that squad 

Just now, itzdrk said:

I'd day Sinisalo got worse the longer the season went on and Albinson definitely looked worse during his recent spell in goal. 

I really don't think we've had goalkeeping issues since Ruddy and Hart in 2017/18.

Is Stillie even full time?

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

My mate saw McPherson at Rugby Park on Saturday. Going in the door on the “scout list”, make of that what you will

He's a member of the ex players association, ex players can turn up anytime they wish for a wee day out.

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

He’s full time Tory scum. 

Yup. Having had the displeasure of meeting him, and knowing quite a lot about him from a friend, I can confirm that his toryness may not even be the worst thing about him. 

Also, I may be remembering this wrong. But was there not some mad thing about him using the woman's toilets at Somerset? Any other Ayr fans mind that? Not that it's awful behaviour or anything, just very weird.

Edited by AuAl

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I'm able to set aside someone's political views from the job they do. Whilst I vehemently oppose what the tories stand for I'm not willing to sack someone for their political beliefs however wrong they are. 

Not sure this has been said - but the job Stillie actually used to do was 'lawyer' and he's the guy who defended Goodwillie and Robertson in the civil case (and lost). Add the Tory into that and there is a guy you don't want around your club.

(NB I'm aware I'm a Clyde fan and 'support' Goodwillie)

Whoever he is politically is irrelevant in terms of their employment at the club.

The only difference with Stillie and anyone else on the payroll is you know his leanings.

This pish of hounding someone out of a job because you support a different political party is childish nonsense. 

(I’m not a Tory)