The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

A fantastic result and performance today. Bullen may have been forced into a 442 formation with the Dempsey injury but it certainly worked.  Last week was a poor performance and in my opinion the loss was not because of the formation. We are looking much more solid as a unit and the players know what is expected of them.

Bring on the Killie 442 , 4141 or 4411  as long as we are committed we can give Killie another  bloody nose.

46 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

We need a song for Kerr McInroy.

The man is a genius

Steve ray Vaughn - Pride and Joy!

'He plays for the super Ayr and he's one of a kind!

He's the type of player who will kick your behind!

C'mon you super Ayr!

He's Kerr Mcinroy!

He's gonnae pump yer team,

Set up a goal and bring us all joy!'

Or something like that 🤣

Edited by Roxanne's man

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

100% this

I have never hated a team as much as I hated Hopkins Ayr team. 

The team just now has flashbacks to then, the disjointed forward play and the habit of defending deep and getting hemmed in. 

Even under Duffy you knew we would probably get beat, it came down to whether we had a shot on goal or not.

Now, none of us go in to a game knowing we will get beat, there is a bit of hope and expectation creeping back in. There still isn’t an expectation of a victory but there isn’t the same doom we had earlier in the season. 

Next week we play Kilmarnock who have been hit and miss. Morton play Partick and I think they will probably beat them, QOTS play Raith and you would expect them to win on current form. Dunfermline play Hamilton, a win for either team would be bad for us.

Putting in a performance like we did last week would drop us back in to the shite so we need to be on it from the first minute. 

Not to be a debbie downer but the "really building something" is a tad premature for me. He's obviously still settling in and doesn't know his best team, and we are still inconsistent. It was only a week ago we were ragdolled by QOS. We are still well in the relegation hunt, although with todays results it's more of a five horse race now than a three.

25 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Not to be a debbie downer but the "really building something" is a tad premature for me. He's obviously still settling in and doesn't know his best team, and we are still inconsistent. It was only a week ago we were ragdolled by QOS. We are still well in the relegation hunt, although with todays results it's more of a five horse race now than a three.

After going in to the second quarter, I wouldn’t have kept any of the squad we had.

Going in to the final quarter, there is probably 6 players we need to keep and maybe another 6-8 we should keep. We have signed players up for next season already and signed Players on loan with the hope/intention of keeping them beyond it.

The squad is getting stronger and there is more options available in the style of play we have compared to 6 weeks ago. 

Bullens learning curve aside, there is an improvement. 

4 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Wishing I'd bought the stream to watch this now. Fantastic result! :)

Good to see that it looks like Bullen learned lessons from last week and went for a more positive lineup.

Great to see Adeloye start and get a goal, hopefully the start of a good partnership between him and Ashford.

Jeezo I thought I was bad 

This is pretty negative considering he's guided us to 3 impressive away wins in a very short time. We never looked like getting any of those results previously, never mind all 3.

Of course there'll be bumps in the road but all the results went for us today. The best win since Tannadice? Bullen deserves a lot of credit already.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

This is pretty negative considering he's guided us to 3 impressive away wins in a very short time. We never looked like getting any of those results previously, never mind all 3.

No it's not.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Of course there'll be bumps in the road but all the results went for us today. The best win since Tannadice? Bullen deserves a lot of credit already.

Except for the QOS one.

Except for the QOS one.
I don't know. Pulling morton back a bit helps us. Ideally they'd have drawn but still.

There's that sense that there are so many teams below us that we should now be ok.

We still need to do the work but we don't need to pull up trees, which both dunfermline and Queens do.

I’m impressed with Bullen. He speaks well and seems enthusiastic about the job which is so refreshing after Hopkin and Duffy. He’s integrated our January signings into the squad (besides Rowe although I think he could still prove useful). He’s also managed to improve several players and elevate them from guys I’d have been happy to see the back of, to guys that should be starting every week now.

However the single most impressive thing is that he changed our approach today. I still think last week was more down to application rather than system but no one could’ve said that Bullen got it spot on. He’s clearly come in favouring the 4-3-3 and like any manager wants to prove to people that his way is the right way. He persevered with it throughout January when we maybe didn’t have the right personal and then stuck with it last week when we were missing a key part of it in Murdoch. I full expected him to keep it going this week but he’s clearly realised that it wouldn’t have done anything and changed it up and if there was ever a time for us to discover a potentially potent strike partnership in Ashford and Adeloye it was now. Adeloye will finish the season in double figures in league goals (he’s already got 12 in all comps) and now that Ashford has someone alongside him he can hopefully add a few more. Bullen might be tempted to switch back to the 4-3-3 but I’d ditch it until the summer when we can recruit the wide players needed to use it and stick with the 4-4-2. Keep Maxwell on the left and put Murdoch on the right with Dempsey coming back in. Harsh on McKenzie but I think with those 3 midfielders playing we will control a lot of games.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

I don't know. Pulling morton back a bit helps us. Ideally they'd have drawn but still.

There's that sense that there are so many teams below us that we should now be ok.

We still need to do the work but we don't need to pull up trees, which both dunfermline and Queens do.

Personally I’d be happier with one team isolated and effectively down. However, results mean that everyone is still in the mix.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The team just now has flashbacks to then, the disjointed forward play and the habit of defending deep and getting hemmed in. 

Even under Duffy you knew we would probably get beat, it came down to whether we had a shot on goal or not.

Now, none of us go in to a game knowing we will get beat, there is a bit of hope and expectation creeping back in. There still isn’t an expectation of a victory but there isn’t the same doom we had earlier in the season. 

Next week we play Kilmarnock who have been hit and miss. Morton play Partick and I think they will probably beat them, QOTS play Raith and you would expect them to win on current form. Dunfermline play Hamilton, a win for either team would be bad for us.

Putting in a performance like we did last week would drop us back in to the shite so we need to be on it from the first minute. 

Not gonna lie - when you post sounding even remotely reasonably positive that's enough to get me putting the mortgage on us winning the league next season.    

I'm buzzing now. Bring on the Killie

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

there's only 8 points separating the bottom five, and the bottom two have a game in hand. If we'd beaten QOS that would have all but sealed their fate and given everyone a bit of breathing room, now they are on some kind of resurgence which does nobody any good, and if the Pars somehow start doing similar that will really make things interesting.Better to have had QOS solidifying 10th than have Morton dragged into it too imo.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Nah mate whatever happens for this season. Last year's Kerr team remains c***s to me. That Arbroath game was ever a disgrace. 

Last season was hateable to the core. 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Inconsistent is the story of this league to be fair.  Since the St Mirren Cup game we are 3 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats. Yes it's inconsistent and the QoS game was  brutal (although could maybe have scraped a draw) but 2 defeats in 7 is pretty decent.   

I do feel he is building something - I get a much better feeling off Bullen than from any of the last few managers, and even if we go down (I think we will be OK) I'd happily stick with it next year as It seems we have a longer term plan in place.