The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Inconsistent is the story of this league to be fair.  Since the St Mirren Cup game we are 3 wins, 2 draws, 2 defeats. Yes it's inconsistent and the QoS game was  brutal (although could maybe have scraped a draw) but 2 defeats in 7 is pretty decent.   

I do feel he is building something - I get a much better feeling off Bullen than from any of the last few managers, and even if we go down (I think we will be OK) I'd happily stick with it next year as It seems we have a longer term plan in place. 

Which is why I don't want to be getting too ahead of ourselves, it can quite easily turn for any of the bottom five. If we can retain the current midfield then I would be excited for next season, Tomi too, but he seems to be a one season club man so far.

There is certainly cause for optimism and Bullen has got the players playing for the jersey and working hard.

I had reservations about his judgement particularly over Adeloye not startng and playing Muirhead in midfield. However, he seems to have realised neither of these things are good.

He has also turned McGinty into a competent centre half something Duffy couldn't achieve, despite his fabled defensive coaching.

Bullen has now shown a willingness to change and adapt as required. It's not just plan A (ie. 4-5-1).

He's also ended the hoodoos away from home in Inverness & Raith. A feat even Uncle Ian couldn't achieve.

It's still early days in his tenure and we're still not safe yet but I'm certain we are in a much better place than we would have been with Jim 'Going through the motions' Duffy in charge. 

Long may it continue.

Well I'm still thoroughly enjoying my night! Made a very very last minute to go today and I'm so glad I did. As soon as I saw the lineup I was confident. 4-4-bloody2! We've been crying out for it and it worked wonders. I particularly loved our 2nd goal, as we've missed a lot of similar chances this season. 4-0 away from home today, Killie on Friday... Bring it on! A win on Friday and I think we'll avoid relegation.

I'm really surprised how bleak some folk are being on here.

We've won 3 of our last 4 league games. That's as good as anyone in the division.

And at least 2 of these games involved winning in places we've not won in fucking donkey years.

The team are playing well and confidence is high. Being an ayr fan gives us plenty of opportunities to be pessimistic about football - so let's not do it needlessly.

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I have never hated a team as much as I hated Hopkins Ayr team. 

The team just now has flashbacks to then, the disjointed forward play and the habit of defending deep and getting hemmed in. 

Even under Duffy you knew we would probably get beat, it came down to whether we had a shot on goal or not.

Now, none of us go in to a game knowing we will get beat, there is a bit of hope and expectation creeping back in. There still isn’t an expectation of a victory but there isn’t the same doom we had earlier in the season. 

Next week we play Kilmarnock who have been hit and miss. Morton play Partick and I think they will probably beat them, QOTS play Raith and you would expect them to win on current form. Dunfermline play Hamilton, a win for either team would be bad for us.

Putting in a performance like we did last week would drop us back in to the shite so we need to be on it from the first minute. 

Your posts depress me..... Cheer up.... Smile and just enjoy the good times.... 

I have thought this for a while.... We just won 4-0 and ure saying we were disjointed and giving you flashbacks of when Hopkin was gaffer..... 

Jeezo..... I accept we are still in a relegation scrap but we are night and day a better team now. 

If Duffy or Hopkin were still here we WOULD be bottom by a country mile..... 

Positivity breeds positivity.... After all....... 

So..... Cheer up... Lol

Forgot to say yesterday, that was some performance from Houston. He took a lot of stick last weekend after a very poor showing. I think I had said on here that I didn't think he was near good enough to be a championship starter, but if he continues to play like he did yesterday we will have no problems.

6 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Your posts depress me..... Cheer up.... Smile and just enjoy the good times.... 

I have thought this for a while.... We just won 4-0 and ure saying we were disjointed and giving you flashbacks of when Hopkin was gaffer..... 

Jeezo..... I accept we are still in a relegation scrap but we are night and day a better team now. 

If Duffy or Hopkin were still here we WOULD be bottom by a country mile..... 

Positivity breeds positivity.... After all....... 

So..... Cheer up... Lol

We lost to QOTS last week by reverting to the type of tactics that have not worked for us all season, where we barely have a shot at goal. We are then too slow to change them. 
We win 2 games and then Chuck it away on the third, and have done all season.

If we lose on Friday night and QOTS win on Saturday, if Morton beat Partick and Hamilton win, the. We are deeper in shit with one less game to play. They both have a game in hand over us.

this isn’t about negativity, this is about making sure we don’t go out next Friday, the following Saturday or the next….and shoot ourselves in the foot before a ball is kicked. 
Peter Ustinov described a pessimist as someone who knows how bad things are and doesn’t want them to get worse.

We are disjointed going forward, we had scored the least goals of any team in the league until Yesterday. 

There are people talking about us making the playoffs in the last 12 hours, after last weeks defeat they were talking about us getting relegated. All I am trying to do is temper expectations and inject a bit of realism. 

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If we lose on Friday night and QOTS win on Saturday, if Morton beat Partick and Hamilton win, the. We are deeper in shit with one less game to play. They both have a game in hand over us.

Yep, all ifs and buts. However, it's points in the bag that are key with so few games left. Every point a prisoner now as the saying goes.

Other key factor now could be injuries where there's too few weeks left to get them back fit and in the team. We lost Fitzpatrick yesterday, just as he's finally hit some goalscoring form. Typical.

The last quarter of this season is still all about survival obviously if we finish higher up the table, the more prize money we can get but if we can finish with a bit of momentum it's going attract better players, hopefully persuade the likes of McInroy and Adeloy to stay for next season, get more season tickets and buzz around the club and push for the top four next season.

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The form table is pleasing viewing.

Screenshot_20220306-093452_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0cb09892a233695aa711abdf12f5e062.jpg

8 points from 8 games should be achievable. I think talk of top 4 is fanciful though.

Ayrshire topping the form table, the derby is set up perfectly. We should have nothing to fear. A win on Friday and we're on 35 points with 7 to play. Who could have thought that was possible before Christmas? 

There is still a way to go but we have the potential to distance ourselves from this soon. We can't take our foot of the pedal.

This league really is quite mental. 8 games to go and still 5 teams in the relegation battle. Unlike last season where we had the safety net of Alloa no team is showing signs of being cut adrift. We are all capable of picking up a result when required. Queens looked dead and buried prior to sacking Johnston however are now on a return.

Its key that we keep our level of consistency going and if we do that we’ll be fine. 

That's a weird interview. Strikes of trying to win fans back with i'm as angry as you, they were awful.

He seems to be getting angrier at every whistle. A bleep test for McGlynn's mind.

Edited by AuAl

McGlynns post match interview is odd, he looks like a supporter being interviewed on fan TV. Looks absolutely raging and frustrated. 

The Gunness book of records are checking the interview for the most amount of times the word terrible was used within 5 minutes

So eight games to go and three wins to get . I am very optimistic we’ll get them and maybe more . The bigger picture is the club , the support are on the early steps of one hell of a journey . Some on here for what ever reason haven’t grasped that yet but it’s becoming very obvious . We have (for once) landed on our feet with Smith , Mathie and Glendinning . Not to mention Bully who will be further supported by an assistant manager being recruited in the summer . 

There will be plenty of interest in some of our players , we’ll lose some , we’ll retain some . Hopefully Aero and Murdy can finish their careers at Ayr . The ones we lose will be replaced and the show will continue next season . It would be the perfect storm if Killie failed to escape and we had four derby games next season . Let’s get that process started on Friday night .....

So eight games to go and three wins to get . I am very optimistic we’ll get them and maybe more . The bigger picture is the club , the support are on the early steps of one hell of a journey . Some on here for what ever reason haven’t grasped that yet but it’s becoming very obvious . We have (for once) landed on our feet with Smith , Mathie and Glendinning . Not to mention Bully who will be further supported by an assistant manager being recruited in the summer . 
There will be plenty of interest in some of our players , we’ll lose some , we’ll retain some . Hopefully Aero and Murdy can finish their careers at Ayr . The ones we lose will be replaced and the show will continue next season . It would be the perfect storm if Killie failed to escape and we had four derby games next season . Let’s get that process started on Friday night .....

This is extremely premature and it’s not obvious at all that we’re going anywhere. We’ve still got a way to go in terms of staying up and then we’ve got a huge summer ahead of us in terms of recruitment. Mathie and Glendinning did what was needed in January but it will be a much bigger task in the summer to build a squad capable of getting into the play offs.

The early signs have been good but let’s not get carried away. If we finish the season strongly and start the summer with some good business then hopefully we can build a bit of enthusiasm ahead of next season. But it’s ages away yet.