The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Is anyone not considering Bryden and dropping Dipo as our best option at this point. 

He's the best striker we've got and for sure worth playing against Arbroath (if we don't sign anyone until then)

Are you mad? The kid has potential but no way is he going to be our main striker. If he is we are down

Are you mad? The kid has potential but no way is he going to be our main striker. If he is we are down

He’s just said to be our best option at this point. I don’t think he’s suggesting to rely on him for the rest of the season.

I really can't get motivated for next Saturday. Make some signings for the love of all that is holy!

I'm really not looking forward to Dick Campbell smiling like a Cheshire cat, stating that it's not bad for a part time team and Ayr are a good team, after ragdolling us at home. 

Prove me wrong Bully.

No. He said he would’ve played on Saturday. He did not say he was our best option

I said on the match thread I’d play him on Saturday if the set up was right. Wouldn’t be the biggest issue with the team.

Harry Paton is a freebie still i see, attacking midfielder released from Ross County who played 31 games last season in the premiership. Although scored 0 goals...

Guy does seem to have an ongoing court case to do with assaulting an ex-partner though so possible too much ongoing baggage

26 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

That means nothing, the squad is new with very little history of goal scoring. He is just a kid and no goal machine

No way I'm saying he's ready to start every game and it shows the state of the squad with that stat alone but at the moment if you were to give me the choice of Bryden or Ashford as a striker I'd be going for Bryden, as stated by a few Ashford is more suited to wide midfield/wing

No doubting Bryden's potential and based on current squad ability he probably deserves his chance at the minute ideally alongside Dipo, as he could get lost playing as a lone striker. 

Only concern with him for me is his discipline. Minus injury time he's played 484 in his Ayr career and been booked 6 times which works out at a card ever 80 minutes, and people thought Muirhead was bad.

Maybe just the type of player he is but part of me thinks it's the fan in him that wants to show he cares but better ways to do it than flying into challenges and walking a tightrope the rest of the game.

I think there’s clamour for Bryden because he has potential, but I think it’s also due to the idea of being “one of our own”. We all want to see home grown players who are fans coming through, but he’s only 18 and throwing him in before he’s ready could harm his long term development.  He is in the squad on merit and I want to see him get plenty game time and be more than just a squad player, but it has to be managed correctly.  

Dipo hasn’t managed to get the goals yet, but he’s not far away either. This is his first full-time football for a couple of years so hopefully his finishing improves as he gets more training under his belt.  Ashford got into some good positions yesterday, but similar to last season he seems to try and take too many touches before firing off a shot.  O’Connor is very similar in that he tries to have a go and beat a defender but the end product isn't always there (did think he was one of our better players yesterday, he did seem to track back fairly well to help Houston).   

Without wanting to sound too much like Bullen, we’re not exactly a million miles away; the theme seems to be nearly, but not quite.  The problem is that that is all fine and well when it’s your first couple of pre-season games but not after 4 competitive games and I’d be expecting better by now.  There needs to be a couple of quality additions and some positive results, as I don’t think Bullen has much credit in the bank with the support right now. 

Edited by super_carson

“Frankie Musonda mentioned that all the available squad had game time in the League cup matcheS”

IF the games have been treated as friendlies I can kind of see the thinking however my opinion is Bullen got it all wrong, we had the opportunity and needed one strong performance at home with what he would guess was a first 11, you then at least set the tone for the rest of the games. We’d all be here now saying aye but remember when we pumped Elgin at home?
Sadly that seems like fantasy talk with the current squad. Imagine dreading Arbroath at home, AGAIN, first game of the season.

Edited by bazka6