The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

50 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bit of a worrying statement there about bullens one in, one out policy 

I don't see the issuer tbh. The size of the squad is fine but the issue is that there’s a lack of quality replacements in certain positions. If we can ship out McAllister and Smith (loan) and maybe even let O’Connor go then we can realistically look at getting a CB/FB and another midfielder. 

No doubt that O’Connor is a decent option but I think he’ll feel that he could be starting for most teams in this league and if it wasn’t for the form of Mullin and Chalmers, coupled with his injury he’d probably be starting for us. 

I think results have gone okay for us. We have a decent run of fixtures in the next three and then we play Queen's Park, hopefully with a strong team back. Queens also play Dundee in a couple weeks.

We're not out of things and with Kirk and hopefully Musonda back we should be able to get back towards our best.

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Not playing him as he has been injured for last 5 weeks 

Of the last 10 games he was available for:

Screenshot_20230102-170928.thumb.png.ed56c051c084dc79b4e6c66313dfbe96.png

Manager obviously doesn't rate him. 

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Of the last 10 games he was available for:

Screenshot_20230102-170928.thumb.png.ed56c051c084dc79b4e6c66313dfbe96.png

Manager obviously doesn't rate him. 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Mullen and Chalmers certainly better options 

I was a bit surprised we kept him on for another year and from what I heard we had to really convince him as he had better offers elsewhere in terms of playing time. Bullen only used him last season when it became apparent we were heading to League One and in fairness he did make a difference but his actual output in terms of goals and assists is poor compared to Chalmers and Mullin. 

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I was a bit surprised we kept him on for another year and from what I heard we had to really convince him as he had better offers elsewhere in terms of playing time. Bullen only used him last season when it became apparent we were heading to League One and in fairness he did make a difference but his actual output in terms of goals and assists is poor compared to Chalmers and Mullin. 

I would rather have Daire than JML or Ashford.

Arbroath scoring 25% of their seasons goal total in one game v a Dundee team with 5 clean sheets in 6 and who we didn't even remotely look like scoring against last week just about sums this league up.

Also Queens Park the only team we have pumped go clear at the top.  

QP have been just about the least impressive team I've seen us play this season so amazing to see where they are. 

Hopefully today's results fire the team up for Saturday and they see an opportunity to get back in it. In fairness I think it will, just as long as some players are back. Looking forward to it actually now. 

Suppose if we're doing a one in one out option, it could go like this...

Bangala out with a midfielder coming in. 

Mcallister out with a centre half coming in.

Ecrepont out with a left back coming in. 

Smith out with a midfielder coming in.

O'Connor going out with a winger coming in.

Young going out with a striker coming in. 

Obviously it'll be a shorter list but those are the possible players who could leave/go out on loan.

Edited by THEHonestman1910