The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Must be in the minority but I rate Hartley. Comes across as a w**k but there’s no denying he’s probably the most successful lower league manager in the last ten years. Personally I’d throw the cup game now if you could guarantee me three points up at Cove. They have the second best home record in the league. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Must be in the minority but I rate Hartley. Comes across as a w**k but there’s no denying he’s probably the most successful lower league manager in the last ten years. Personally I’d throw the cup game now if guy could guarantee me three points up at Cove. They have the second best home record in the league. 

Gimmie progress in the cup, we'll be in this league next year  so not desperate for points but we haven't had any kind of cup run in years.  

50 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Must be in the minority but I rate Hartley. Comes across as a w**k but there’s no denying he’s probably the most successful lower league manager in the last ten years. Personally I’d throw the cup game now if you could guarantee me three points up at Cove. They have the second best home record in the league. 

I used to come across him regularly back in his playing days when working in the Guildhall in Glasgow, he was actually a really decent guy and had lots of time for standing talking to anyone wanting his autograph / photo etc or generally just a bit of good natured banter. He was really good with kids and actually came across as a really nice guy.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I used to come across him regularly back in his playing days when working in the Guildhall in Glasgow, he was actually a really decent guy and had lots of time for standing talking to anyone wanting his autograph / photo etc or generally just a bit of good natured banter. He was really good with kids and actually came across as a really nice guy.

Used to work there myself, did you work for Clydesdale Bank WATTOO?

10 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Used to work there myself, did you work for Clydesdale Bank WATTOO?

I was the Halifax Eco on the 2nd floor.

It seems like another lifetime now but I remember the Clydesdale and also NFU, RBS style, Princes Trust and News of the World were up on the top floor.

Well looks like there won’t be any players coming in to boost the squad, only if some of them leave and 1 in and 1out, that tells me if it happens it happens but we are not ready yet,sounds fair enough but I think the league this year would be our best chance of getting to the premier. 3 players right down the spine of the team would have done it for me but hey ho.

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Well looks like there won’t be any players coming in to boost the squad, only if some of them leave and 1 in and 1out, that tells me if it happens it happens but we are not ready yet,sounds fair enough but I think the league this year would be our best chance of getting to the premier. 3 players right down the spine of the team would have done it for me but hey ho.

I would be astonished if no new players come in , sometimes managers say no money available so they don’t get quoted silly money for players 

If I had the option, I would put McKenzie, Bangala and JML out on loan, all for different reasons, McKenzie needs a run of games I don't think he'll get at Ayr, Bangala needs to play regularly for someone to iron out the kinks and JML offers nothing, which may be a confidence thing. 

Young was flying for a few weeks and was then rested, he's been pish ever since so I'm not sure if it would be worth having him for the second half of the season when we have Ashford and McKenzie at the club. 

33 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If I had the option, I would put McKenzie, Bangala and JML out on loan, all for different reasons, McKenzie needs a run of games I don't think he'll get at Ayr, Bangala needs to play regularly for someone to iron out the kinks and JML offers nothing, which may be a confidence thing. 

Young was flying for a few weeks and was then rested, he's been pish ever since so I'm not sure if it would be worth having him for the second half of the season when we have Ashford and McKenzie at the club. 

Can't be loaning McKenzie out would be astonished if that happens, also can't see JML going out that doesn't make much sense, rather see how the season plays out for him before making a decision. Your description of ironing out the kinks for Bangala is extremely generous. Young has been an odd one after a decent start, maybe he's wanting back home.

39 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

McKenzie is our 2nd best striker at the moment.  He at least offers a physical presence and can hold up the ball a bit. Ashford and Young are just ineffective.  Not really sure where we are with Bryden - he’s probably the one that might benefit from a loan period.  I guess the bottom line is that we need more quality up front.  

8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I wish Craig Moore had not had such rotten luck with injuries. Him and Dipo would have been good together.

That boy was built like a tank too. He's exactly the kind of 2nd striker type we should be after, to play behind Akinyemi. Massive shame as he always seemed to put in effort. 

He Took no shite off that fist flying Bilel Moshni, when he was with Motherwell against Sevco in the play offs before joining Ayr on loan 😂 iirc.

15 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'd be playing McKenzie up front as well.  Maybe O'Connor, Bangala and Young could move on and be replaced with upgrades. 

Getting rid of those three means we wouldn’t have to necessarily replace them like for like. Mikey Hewitt plays the same positions as Bangala but offers more in midfield. I don’t think we need four wingers either so if O’Connor leaves we could put it to better use elsewhere. 

35 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Can't be loaning McKenzie out would be astonished if that happens, also can't see JML going out that doesn't make much sense, rather see how the season plays out for him before making a decision. Your description of ironing out the kinks for Bangala is extremely generous. Young has been an odd one after a decent start, maybe he's wanting back home.

30 minutes ago, Nelson said:

McKenzie is our 2nd best striker at the moment.  He at least offers a physical presence and can hold up the ball a bit. Ashford and Young are just ineffective.  Not really sure where we are with Bryden - he’s probably the one that might benefit from a loan period.  I guess the bottom line is that we need more quality up front.  

25 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'd be playing McKenzie rather than sending him out on loan tbh. 

I would give Bangala a lift back to France myself if it meant I did not have to see him attempt to play football anymore.

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I'd be playing McKenzie up front as well.  Maybe O'Connor, Bangala and Young could move on and be replaced with upgrades. 

I agree, but we aren't playing him anywhere near enough and I think he needs games in a position that suits him rather than getting shunted about